It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whether Or Not Homosexuality Is A Choice Is Irrelevant

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

I don't think it would end the fight. That's the point.

Marriage equality is virtually a done deal across the United States. As usual with most evolutionary changes, Southern states will be among the last to accept the inevitable.

Yet, what trend do we see evolving in those States that now "have" marriage equality?

Laws jumping through their own irrational behinds to restrict equal rights and re-establish the superior religious class as exempt from the laws of the land.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If homosexuality is an "evolutionary change" then common sense and reason will have to prevail over "evolution" this time. Even if everyone on the earth says that homosexuality is the natural order of things...I know it isn't. If you see a kid sitting on the floor trying over and over again to fit the triangle block into the square hole are you not going to stop them and say here ...the triangle block goes in the triangle hole. Would it change your mind if every person in the world came up to you and told you that the triangle block should fit in the square hole.... would you agree with them ??? Well actually I think it would be a heluva conundrum for you...since we can't go with the status-quo...can we ?? Even if it does happen to be right about something.

Am I saying that homosexuality is going away ? No....but I am saying that we should never let go of the intended order of things within the present existence. But you are playing the exact role that you are supposed to play aren't you Gryphon ? Guarding the way unto the high road ?? Hold to it now..... for the rope shall get taut against thee great leviathan. For the Lord desireth to take a wife from among thee. And she is both a whore and a virgin...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: poncho1982

It's not just about getting the Federal Benefits.

It's also about Equaliity in society and all things in life.

The U.S. does not have civil unions, they have Marriage.

Creating a special category, civil union, is discriminatory.

no, you missed the whole point.

Marriage would be REPLACED with Civil Unions for everyone. Not JUST gays, not JUST straights, not JUST purple people who live under bridges (LOL) but everyone.

Then The U.S. would have Civil Unions. Marriage is gone in the eyes of the law.

How is that not equal?

You're basically telling religious people, "Fine, you don't want gays to get married, then YOU loose marriage as a State sponsored union, you are now a Civil Union."

it takes the situation, and turn it around on them.

I did not miss your point.

What you are not comprehending is ----- changing marriage to civil union to create Equality is discrimination.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

What?I think you've misread, if you're responding to something I said.

No one has said that homosexuality is an evolutionary change. I referred to marriage equality.

No one has said that homosexuality is the natural order of things, but it is obviously part of the order of things.

Homosexuality occurs in multiple species and has done so for a long time.

What in the world is your point with the pedantic tripe about children's blocks?

I've been putting blocks in the right holes for a long time; how about you?

Homosexuality is a component of human sexuality. It is part of the intended order of things.

If I put any stock in fairy tales, as a matter of fact I'd be glad to guard the Great Dragon's way, and scratch ICHABOD on the doors of your broken temples ... but as I don't ... all I'll say in return is the ancient magic phrase: OOGA BOOGA!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here is my thought, then I'm going to bed.

I believe I have absolutely no right to know what happens in another persons bedroom.
Any religious organization has the right to "choose" how to honor a deity.

The problem arose when the government decided it had the right to tax, license, and regulate what was otherwise a religious ceremony.
Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be to regulate and tax anyone who had received first communion?

In the end, it's really the governments involvement that is the issue, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

Ever heard of the Mark of Ham? God marked a certain people by turning their skin dark.

The US did not have gov marriage license until it was created to prevent interracial marriage.

That's right. It was created to make discrimination legal. Not for religious reasons, but to prevent a loving couple from marrying because of the color of their skin.

Too bad that the religious didn't see into the future of same sex marriage.

No sympathy.
edit on 22-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

edit on 22-10-2016 by GreenGunther because: Post needs more work

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Just my opinion, but i bloody hope if i have a homosexual that is preparing my food at a restaurant or where ever, that they've washed their hands good.

Very unhygienic lifestyle, one should keep its $41T to itself.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Just because you state it doesn't mean it is true.

In fact, it most definitely is not.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You know what? I'm just going to say that I have no idea what the purpose of homosexuality is...but I have come to the point that I accept it as something valid and inherent within a person from birth.

The reason I say that is because I personally know of a case where the homosexual grew up in a home that provided what I would term the best possible conditions. And yet this person grew up to be homosexual...And I was around this person during their childhood. They exhibited peculiar traits even as a child...so I have to say that I do not believe that homosexuality is a choice.

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join