It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF, Northrup Unveil Next-Generation Bomber

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Got you to click didn't I?

In the "Spirit" of what's coming a bit later this month, I thought I'd share a retrospective on the last bomber we rolled out and the speculation surround it then. All the way back in 1989. Many of you will remember, and some of us were there, AWST got one of the best looks at the new batwing at the time and their reporting was top as usual.

It's a great read, enjoy.

Does any one have any good stories of their first glimpse of the then-new bomber.

Original pdf: aviationweek.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i really hope russia doesnt force america to use them. time will tell.
edit on 19-3-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Pardon me for being stupid I try to keep up as much as I can but what's happening next month ?
As for the b2 I remember being at Mildenhall when the b2 came for its first UK public showing. Got two fly bys out of it but what an awesome sight and being a young boy and seeing it was the best thing I had seen in my life made it that much sweeter

edit on 19-3-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Nothing. They delayed it until summer.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: aholic

I am disappointed.
I expected to see a new bomber unveiled.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You have to wait a little longer. Not much though.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Nothing. They delayed it until summer.

Now that's just teasing us .. I assume those who are interested are going to be amazed when it's revealed ?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
1989? are you serious? does this ultra super power flying weapon use betamax technology..

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Oh yes. Rollout should be later this year.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tastyrawmeat

No. It's been largely rebuilt in the years since with upgrades and improvements.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: aholic
Does any one have any good stories of their first glimpse of the then-new bomber.

My father was a former Navy electrical engineer who then went on to do sub-contract work for Grumann. After that he became a Special Agent with the DoD so we got to travel to many bases when we were younger.

We happened to be at one of the bases while a scheduled airshow was taking place and the B-2 was the featured aircraft. We were talking with the pilots inside the cordoned area when a unscheduled torrential downpour started. I remember the pilots were both laughing that we were probably the only people in the world who had a multi-billion dollar umbrella.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: aholic

My father was a former Navy electrical engineer who then went on to do sub-contract work for Grumann. After that he became a Special Agent with the DoD so we got to travel to many bases when we were younger.

We happened to be at one of the bases while a scheduled airshow was taking place and the B-2 was the featured aircraft. We were talking with the pilots inside the cordoned area when a unscheduled torrential downpour started. I remember the pilots were both laughing that we were probably the only people in the world who had a multi-billion dollar umbrella.

Nice!

Not far off from thousand dollar hammers and toilet seats.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Speaking strickly artisticly, I hope it isn't too BORING looking.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Somewhere floating around I have a great picture of a B-2 on the taxiway with a Japan Airlines 747 right behind it.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Everything I've heard is that it's Oh my god looking.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cool .the b2 was so BORING really. I figured they would stick with the "Dorito chip" motif

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I guess flying wings are the way to go...

I don't really see them reinventing the wheel if shape/profile works.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm a contracting nerd (CO in a gov agency) and I wonder how DARPA and the other agencies are able to get these contracts rolling without anyone leaking anything - the amount of folks involved in these major projects and the fact that we don't have any major leaks speaks volumes to the character of the folks working them.

It is a dream of mine to one day be a CO of one of these major black projects...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was still young so to me planes like the B-2, F-117, and F-22 were always known to me but the first time I saw one in person it snuck up behind the crowd as another plane was taxiing by distracting everyone. I remember seeing making low slow turns between the hangars waiting for the airspace to clear and its very ominous looking compared to the B-1. From my recollection of years past it has a unique sound that other aircraft don't have that added to the spectacle.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Yeah I'm impressed that there are programs out there that have been flying since the 80s that haven't even had their existence leaked, let alone designation or other details.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join