It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia not really a threat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The cold hard light of reality is that most of BRICS has more trade loyalty to the US than they do with each other.

At the moment, this is reality, but things can easily change. If BRICS is successfull at undermining the Petrodollar, America will have no choice but to sell its rescources, effectively trading economic places with China. And it all depends on what happens in the Middle East. If BRICS can find their own supplier for oil, say Assad, or maybe Iran (since they are working in Iraq now), things can change quickly. At the moment, everyone is reluctant to challenge the US, but all we need is someone like Putin to make the first move, and Im willing to bet others will follow.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan Like I said it would be a good training mission for the U.S. military but I think NATO can handle Russia.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Seems to me that instead of bickering about who has better weapons and armies, we should be considering the fact that there should not be any government instigating a world war. There are no winners in a nuclear war. Even an unexploded nuke that is blown out of the sky will kill people eventually, if not directly, it will do it indirectly.

Why was the nuclear arms race ever run when they knew it would lead to mass destruction long ago. How much has been spent by governments on building these things in the past and how much taxes have been paid for these things in countries who have them. Look at the big picture and see we are working hard because we have some people up high who want to gain power and control others. They want everyone to fear the leaders of countries, even if they are good people.

Russia is a very powerful country and their rockets are very good, we buy them from Russia.

edit on 19-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Seems to me that instead of bickering about who has better weapons and armies, we should be considering the fact that there should not be any government instigating a world war. There are no winners in a nuclear war. Even an unexploded nuke that is blown out of the sky will kill people eventually, if not directly, it will do it indirectly.

Why was the nuclear arms race ever run when they knew it would lead to mass destruction long ago. How much has been spent by governments on building these things in the past and how much taxes have been paid for these things in countries who have them. Look at the big picture and see we are working hard because we have some people up high who want to gain power and control others. They want everyone to fear the leaders of countries, even if they are good people.

Russia is a very powerful country and their rockets are very good, we buy them from Russia.

We seem utterly determined to wipe ourselves out again.
We have learned nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006 Bottom line is Putin wanted to take Ukraine and some the old Soviet satellite countries, Putin realized NATO is more trust worthy and the Baltic countries were going towards the west. Putin had to stop that since his spy president didn't work. It's a lose lose situation for Russia, when was the last time there was top 10 music hit from there or anything? The west has problems but nothing like Russia, Russia is second rate. The big loser are the Russian people, economically destroyed by the U.S. and schooled by Germany. The cost was too great for so little, how about the Malaysian airline shot down? The Ukraine invasion failed, commercial airline lawsuit, oil revenues, isolation from the Europe, etc. Great decisions by mother Russia? I would die for the U.S. to preserve freedom and bury the Hitlers, Saddam Hussein, Bin Laden and Putins of this world. Our military helps us sleep comfortable under the red, white and blue stripes, everyone wants to come here to live. Anyone who disrespects our flag and wants the protection it provides should leave to the crappy country they came from. Go wait in line for toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Quality trumps quantity in almost every situation.

This is a lie, in every situation quantity has trumped quality. Your a military man (so you say) you should know this.
A classic example is the Red Army and the battle of Stalingrad half the soldiers did not even have a weapon.

Another example is the American Sherman tanks, and their friends at the time the Russians M4, they vastly out numbered the High quality Panzer Panther and Tiger tanks.

The M4 Sherman tank was a winner by quantity, not by quality.

30,000 M4 Shermans versus 600 Tigers and King Tigers and 1500 Panthers, Number win my friend, every time!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

"All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again"

edit on 19-3-2015 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Doesn't matter what one General says, we cut and ran so fast that a helicopter ended up in the water. It was total chaos at that time. We evaced those Vietnamese we could and left the rest to their fates,and how many of OUR men did we leave there? No one has ever been able to come up with a true number,and our government sure didn't pursue it to get them back,now did they? Total traitors to leave our men there.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

You are correct Russia is not a threat.

Putin is the threat.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: maxzen2004
People, don't believe the hype, Russia is no threat no us or NATO.

Are you a Ukrainian military planner? They seemed to have followed that exact advice for the past 20 years. So far the strategy isn't paying off.

Even today both Russia and Ukraine fighting doctrine seems to be based on frontal assaults with little concern for how many common soldiers are wasted. Ukraine army conducted many senseless frontal assaults which made little sense. Russians sent their soldiers in disguise without body armor and full armament to qualify them as rebels.

Regarding OPs comment that Russia is not a threat, there is certain level of truth to it. Vrs NATO, the Russians would be badly outnumbered in the first place. Won't be a fair fight.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I agree Russia isn't a threat which is why Western powers think they can defeat Russia in war

Which is of course going to be their downfall

Old Russian saying, if you dig me a hole, careful not to fall into it yourself

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PrettyPlease1

They could beat Russia in a conventional war and thinking they cant is going to blow up in Putins face.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: PrettyPlease1

They could beat Russia in a conventional war and thinking they cant is going to blow up in Putins face.

Putin knows this he's not stupid he can't afford a direct confrontation with NATO. This is the point of his a secular invasions. If he can move into a country but make it difficult for NATO members to agree where to draw the line he's good. If he went onto a full on invasion EU troops would be there to boot him out. As far as all the nuclear threats coming out the Kremlin this isn't for countries thus is for domestic consumption. Russians are a proud people everything is about strength. Russians want to feel like a super power . Problem is not much left of the Russian federation is a super power their economy is destroyed their military is in desperate need of overhaul. Their industries are outdated and their tech is even behind countries like India. What's the one thing that makes Russia a superpower they have nuclear weopons.

Problem is unlike economic or military it's really hard to use nukes to keep you at the big boys table. Their is only 2 superpowers on the world China and the US. And these two countries will continue to shape the world and Russia will become a 3rd world country with nukes. Eventually the US and China will have to deal with it if Russia continues to spiral downwards. China is already starting to make moves through loans and buying Russian assets

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Putin knows this he's not stupid he can't afford a direct confrontation with NATO. This is the point of his a secular invasions. If he can move into a country but make it difficult for NATO members to agree where to draw the line he's good. If he went onto a full on invasion EU troops would be there to boot him out.

I use to believe this...but I doubt it now. I never thought Russia would get away with annexing European territory. I don't think the EU/US response has been strong enough to stop it from happening again.

I suspect Russia has considered how much of Ukrainain they could grab without any military response. I have no doubt they could grab all the land east of the Dniper as discussed in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also suspect Russia can get away with further provocations in non NATO members, including carving off part of Finland.

The reaction to Crimea's annexation has been non-existent almost. Thus it will happen again.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

SHHH If you keep saying that and Putin sees that, he might start to believe he can ! We will not give up any parts of our country..

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7 I say torture the Russian invaders, why feel sorry for the invaders?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: MrSpad

The cold hard light of reality is that most of BRICS has more trade loyalty to the US than they do with each other.

At the moment, this is reality, but things can easily change. If BRICS is successfull at undermining the Petrodollar, America will have no choice but to sell its rescources, effectively trading economic places with China. And it all depends on what happens in the Middle East. If BRICS can find their own supplier for oil, say Assad, or maybe Iran (since they are working in Iraq now), things can change quickly. At the moment, everyone is reluctant to challenge the US, but all we need is someone like Putin to make the first move, and Im willing to bet others will follow.

Putin made the first move and the BRICS nations abandoned him. Why would China crash its own economy backed by US dollar bonds? I do not think you understand how tied to the US dollar China is. BRICS is creating bank. That is the only thing they have agreed on on their entire existance. Not a single trade deal has been signed. India has signed defense agreements with the US and Japan to counter fellow BRICS member China who keeps crossing thier border and is threatening to move into the Indian Ocean. South Africa's most important export partner is the US. Like China the stonger the dollar the better for the trade and economy. Brazil is party of a militart alliance with the US, has the US only military depot in all of South America and is pushing for stonger trade ties with the US because BRICS has been a complete failures. Do you what has happened since BRICS was formed? Russia and Brazils economies have collapsed, China's growth has slowed, South Afticas growth has slowed, only India has seen improved its situation although that is from new trades deals with the US and West. So puts the BRICS fantasy to bed.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Russians are not invaders, they are just protecting the ethnic Russians in S-E Ukraine.

The real invaders are the Nazis from Kiev and Lviv taking orders from DC and Brussels.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would hardly say that the USA "conquered Afghanistan".

There are MANY places in the country where US troops would have problems.

Your entire post is based on false assumptions.

The US nuclear deterrent hasn't been updated since the 1980's, most nuclear launch bunkers are even older than that.

When you're relying on technology 40-50 years old to launch your deterrent, good luck.

On a conventional front, the Russians have the numbers, and the USA may have the technology, but they are spread thinner than they ever were before. They don't even have enough National Guard troops to use in the United States if there were civilian uprisings in more than two cities, and that's according to OFFICIAL reports and estimates.

USA has a $600 billion a year military, but has NEVER stopped a direct attack on the country. It seems to me that if you want to take down the USA, it would actually be pretty easy by taking out civilian targets rather than military ones.

The soft underbelly of the United States is extremely soft indeed, and with the right will, extremely easy to target.

I wont state publicly how this could be done, but less than 50 simple bombs easily built with items easily obtained inside the United States would have the Government, military, intelligence services, media, and public in absolute PANIC within days.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join