It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so i felt like posting my art big deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

11x14" done on medium weight mixed media paper with .03 felt tip pens

9x11" done on medium weight mixed media paper with .03 felt tip pens

these two pieces would equal about 12 months or so of my life but i have to say it was well worth it.

i might have more coming up depending on if people here like them i got tons to share. I have come to realize people on different social outlets react to things posted drastically different from outlet to outlet so i thought i might as well try it here and see what happens let me know what you think.

edit on 19-3-2015 by magnesiumbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm really enjoying the perception of depth. Nice work

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: magnesiumbones

Nice work. Reminds me of a Salvia trip.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

thank you I love the feedback I have just recently started showing my work to other people in the last 4 or 5 months compared to the 9 or 10 years I have been drawing like this.

feel free to point out what you see in them if you get the chance, everyone sees something different in them which is one of the reasons I love showing them to people now.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Looks like crystals and flames and whirlpools/cyclones

Very nice work - thanks for sharing this with us. Do you have an online gallery that has more of your work? If not it maybe something worth considering

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I have come to realize people on different social outlets react to things posted drastically different from outlet to outlet

Amen to that.
I really like your art. I think it has a cool 'flow' or 'energy'.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

this concept of an online gallery intrigues me, i have a tumblr under the name of kdtiers with a lot more of my drawings, but I have also posted other stuff there not just strictly drawings but photos i took, or gifs i created from netflix (i know its the lazy way lol).

but something gives me the feeling your not making a reference to tumblr.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Big deal??
It is a pretty big deal to me....those pieces are pretty awesome to me.
Keep it up.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I recognize that landscape. I used to travel thru there about once a week.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Big deal??
It is a pretty big deal to me....those pieces are pretty awesome to me.
Keep it up.

ohh man hahaha...

I added the big deal part cause I figured it was the perfect little addition to draw a little extra attention, just like all the odd named posts that go up on this site that the right type of people cant resist clicking on lol.

but I am beyond exhilarated to see that the members here can actually appreciate art instead of down-voting on a glance like the ignorantly impatient masses of folk on sites like imgur.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ummm...These are really cool...especially the first one..I really like how you have elements of light and dark that proceed from the edges and seem to spiral in toward the center...It really draws the eye inward...I also like how this effect creates a vortex of those light/dark elements and (for me at least) describes an ever increasing depth...

I really like it...it's almost like a meditative session where one recognizes and combines the dualistic/fractured nature of self into a more considered whole...or oneness...

Thank you for sharing these...I can't wait to see more of your creative nature...

YouSir
edit on 19-3-2015 by YouSir because: of a need to clarify...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

In the second piece, the one that you are now using as your avatar,... my mind subjectively sees a fiery phoenix, radiating very powerful energy.

I totally agree with YouSir's critique of the first piece.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I like all the colors...and looking closely at both pieces of art...studying them...I can see different things. For instance on the first one I can see the shape of a small dog and also the profile of a female human being. On the second one I can see a multicolored penguin.

Thank you for sharing your art...I am enjoying looking at it.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

oh my god that response just induced a brain-gasm of which is making me overflow with juices of joyousness that causes me to become impatient with posting more of my art here, but alas I must make you all wait to see what and how the rest of my work shall unfold from my artfolio.

I don't mean to sound conceited but if you guys like just these two pics just wait...

and no problem I will gladly share a LOT more of my works of beauty here after a responses like these I can absolutely say thank you guys for being just as awesome as my works.

also it basically is a meditative state when I am drawing these, its like I literally detach from the world around me and dive straight into the paper. Ahhh omg you just captured it so well in your response, cause that's how I look at the shapes I make, either they're organic(curved or rounded) or they're inorganic(straight or bent) then of course there is the mixture of the two and how I use all three of those concepts.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Ummm...exactly...That is totally the image that comes to mind...I was trying to define in my mind the usage of the flame frequency colors...and you have described it perfectly...

Wonderful eye...Sahabi...
Wonderful portrayal...MagnesiumBones...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Ummm...Thank you MagnesiumBones...I think an honest critique can tend to hone ones creative ability...I know that I love to have people critique my work...It's funny...I'm usually much more of a realist when it comes to artwork...yet...Your composition really drew my eye in like a coriolis effect...

I also tend to "get in the zone" in a meditative way when I'm being creative...sometimes it flows all by itself and I'm just along for the ride...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
After spending the past 10 years of my like making these and never really showing another living person there has been a lot of times when I have wanted to give up on them, even though I really couldn't, its just the way my mind would stray, it drove me crazy not knowing if people would like them or even understand what they are in general and personally to me. Even though its not a thousand likes or flags its the quality and well meaning feedback that have really uplifted me in ways most probably would not understand. So I thank you all, you really have no idea how much it means to me.

(unless you picked it up from how many times i have said it lol)

And because of these new found feelings of gratefulness towards others on the internet(at least here on A.T.S.)I decided to post 2 more pics of my artwork for you guys.

As I am new to posting topics on A.T.S. I don't know if I should post it here or create a new thread for it. If some one could help me in regards to that I would really welcome your superior knowledge about these forums, as I am quite often second guessing myself on such thing like that.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I thoroughly enjoy both.
Reminds me of cubism somewhat.....

The second is my favorite with what seems more feminine with faces and animals and I just enjoyed staring at it for minutes.

The second certainly my favorite but, both really interesting and deep...
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If you need help with anything,just message me....just hit the little green guy below my avatar and send me a message.
There is an envelope in the top right corner of your page that will show when you have a message when I respond back.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...Thank you MagnesiumBones...I think an honest critique can tend to hone ones creative ability...I know that I love to have people critique my work...It's funny...I'm usually much more of a realist when it comes to artwork...yet...Your composition really drew my eye in like a coriolis effect...

I also tend to "get in the zone" in a meditative way when I'm being creative...sometimes it flows all by itself and I'm just along for the ride...

YouSir

I like how you explain things, I have only heard it very basically described I applaud your grasp of linguistics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join