It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Blacks and Other Minorities Become the New White's?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Not at all. People want to keep their cultures is a wonderful idea.

Insisting on asking what someone's "race" is on a job application however....the employer should be more concerned about someone's job skills and ability to do a job.

Not what color they are.

There are many different aspects of life where "race" should have NO application at all.

However, it will never go away if we keep drawing lines.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

you don't have a great grip on reality do you?

Not all Whites have been bent on genocide?

No one said whites were alone in the the equal rights movement but without them it would be a lot harder.

NOI wants to exterminate ALL whites.

Middle Eastermers what to exterminate the Jews.

Arian supremacist (a German movement originally) wants to exterminate all blacks.

and some here want to eliminate all race altogether.

No one man is better than another All are created equal. What a man chooses to do with his life is up to him. Will he be manipulated by the prejudice and bigotry of others and the MSM or will he chose to grow in acceptance and tolerance that allows for race and culture.

Do we have to wait 35 years to find out or can people begin to act humane and just today?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

it is funny but the US government has more questions about race on their employment applications than Walmart does.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I have had great relationships with people of color over the last 45 years . Only recently have I seen a decline in some of those relationships and many of them are unjustly so because they listen to much to MSM about racism.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Without whites there wouldn't have been oppression in the first place, so you're statement seems a little backwards there.

And I never said all white people are bent on destruction, I was only pointing out the absurdity of your OP implying white people have been harbingers of morality.

There were equal rights before whites started oppressing blacks so to give praise to whites because of the civil rights movement (which was fought and started by mostly blacks) is absurd.

No one man is better than another All are created equal

I agree, I'm glad you cleared that up. Sorry for saying you were racist.
edit on 3/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think that the color of the skin is something that is used to control masses. So there is no good or bad, just triggered/fueled opposition. I'm also sure that ethnicities that witnessed what "whites" did won't be so cruel to do the same mistakes, history teaches and people are smarter.

Apart that I am not sure how you can say "white" when in fact most of those people are pink. Also if I get perma-tanned what color I am?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Its funny how so many people are still in such a primitive state of mind. Judging someone based on color of skin is comparable to judging someone by the color of their eyes. We all bleed red. Time to pull our heads outta our ***!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Please open up a history book or two.

Humans have been enslaving and oppressing other groups of humans for THOUSANDS of years.

Reasons vary: skin color, religious beliefs, class system, etc.

It's not just a "white" thing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The three major races in the USA include White, Hispanic and African-American.

65% White
25% Hispanic
13% African-American

I don't see anyway in the foreseeable future of any race outnumbering the whites unless white people stop reproducing. Fertility rates are on the decline for all races.
edit on 19-3-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

you err in thinking that without whites there would be no oppression. I showed earlier on in th ethread that races other than white oppress equally if not more so.

My point is will the majority race in 2043 show themselves to be the "better man" when it comes to equality or will the navigate towards oppression and bigotry as they claim the white race has been?

BTW, it is not a majority of whites who are racist.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Please open up a history book or two.

Humans have been enslaving and oppressing other groups of humans for THOUSANDS of years.

Reasons vary: skin color, religious beliefs, class system, etc.

It's not just a "white" thing.

Here here.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I never said it was a white thing, the OP was in reference to the majority which is white. I was only pointing out that white people have hardly been the standard for morality as the OP seems to suggest.

All skin colors are guilty of oppression, whites aren't alone. Never said they were, I was only staying in line with what the OP seemed to suggest.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

there are a few of us whites who have indeed suffered and experienced reverse racism. when we share it is always thrown back in our faces we deserved it.

link   

It seems as though you're misunderstanding newmest as I misunderstood you. I never said without white people the world would be all rainbows and sunshine, I was only sputtering how the equal rights movement was spurred by the oppression of black people by whites.

All ethnicities have their bad apples.

link   

I must have misunderstood your post here then:

Without whites there wouldn't have been oppression in the first place, so you're statement seems a little backwards there.

I'm glad to hear though that you understand oppression is everywhere.

edit on 3/19/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

a reply to: olbe66 Keep patting yourself on the back for pointing out a typo. Never had a brainfrt?

No pat on the back. Just good diction and a concern over human perception.

The term “race” has been used to justify some very bad behavior. Most folks still believe in “race,” for many historical/cultural and possibly even social/evolutionary reasons. It is up to all humans to call this anti-scientific, anti-human mis-perception out for what it is – racism.

And yes I do have “brainfrt” all the time.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It is how you read it. with the lack of facial expression, tonality of speech and body language many a post is left to the reader to interpret and many a time it is interpreted upon personal attitude, and bias being forced upon the OP or other posters.

people really need to read things through a filter of neutrality.

edit on 19-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yes, you misunderstood me. It was in reference to the civil rights movement. You know, where white people segregated themselves from black people and treated them as lesser beings? I wasn't speaking in a general sense, that idea is ridiculous.

All races and ethnicities have their prejudices: whites, blacks, Latinos, Asians, etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What goes around comes around. Personally, I think it's what you racist white types (not you OP idk if you're racist) need, maybe it'll change your view point, and make you realize were all the same, sans the color of our skin. If anything white people are inferior, as white skin is in fact a genetic mutation. Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I have a feeling only when we become an intergalactic species will the "racial" labels fall away. Right now we don't see ourselves as "human", but rather a bunch of labels based on appearance and origin.

If humans were introduced into a much larger galactic society, I think Earth would seem much smaller and we'd band together more as "humans, from Earth" than we currently do.

I cannot wait for that day to happen...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join