It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs posted on at least 6 businesses in Austin say "Exclusively for white people only"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
On the bottom of the sticker shown in the OP's post, it says "Sponsored by the City of Austin Contemporary Partition and Restoration Program".

There is no such program. SXSW is a big attraction this time of year in Austin. Thousands of college age kids are all over Austin for a wild and crazy time. Most likely scenario is some idiotic kids printed these up and stuck them on businesses as a prank, especially since they were on the outside of windows, and not on the inside.

But, let's not think rationally. Let's jump the gun and accuse everyone in Texas of being racist rednecks, and turn this into a national tragedy, stop the presses, and get news trucks on the move. Austin is the LAST place I would look for racists. This sudden surge of threads claiming racism around every corner, has gotten very tiresome. It is only so important because some are looking for any instance they can spout off and cry racism.

We have many pressing issues around the world. Can't even talk about those, lest someone jump in and throws race into it. The simplest answer in this situation is some stupid college kids did this to get their 15 minutes of fame. Geez!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

You don't know a damn thing about Texas and you're especially ignorant about Austin. Have you ever spent any time at all in Austin or are you simply talking out of your ass?

"It is a fact that they are there as a warning." Dude, seriously... that's one of the most moronic things I've read on this site.

And that's quite an opinion you have there.
Ever been to Spy bar? Or any of the old Bandito hang outs
near Brownsville? Texas, in case you didn't know is a big damn place
Pal. And knowing the owners of a place called Ginneys I'm fine with everything
I said pal. Don't have to know everything about Texas, to know it's full of
rednecks pal.

The simple fact is, there are racist assholes in every state. Texas definitely doesn't have a monopoly.

But you're the only one making moronic statements as if it doesn't.
edit on Rpm31915v002015u03 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ah..now the shoe is on the other foot...I see. I did a thread a while back about how blacks have thing for JUST them, Like blackpeoplemeet . com or black college funds, etc,etc,. Now that white people make something for just white people, NOW THATS WRONG? Gimme a break! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

WHY would you let them ?
I took ZERO crap about my Korean ex wife when I married her from Koreans in Korea to here in America.
But then again I am ...THIS .

I am sick of the skin game,merits only matter,and if the skill or talent is represented then the person should be uplifted.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

In a couple of months there'll be more stickers with "No Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans-gendered people welcome". And this WILL have the state seal on them.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

When you, as a white male in America, have experienced disenfranchisement all your life and had to endure massive racism in everything from your social life to education to employment, THEN you get to whine about "black privilege".

Until that day, your ignorance is offensive.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
does anyone know where I can purchase some underwear with these snappy slogans on them?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: thesmokingman

When you, as a white male in America, have experienced disenfranchisement all your life and had to endure massive racism in everything from your social life to education to employment, THEN you get to whine about "black privilege".

Until that day, your ignorance is offensive.

White middle class man is the most discriminated person in America. YOU need to do some research on slavery...ALL races have been slaves at one time or another in history. Your ignorance in the matter and attack on me only qualifies proof of my statement. NOBODY is due ANY special rights over ANYBODY!! Period! As far as your last sentence to me....I am NOT the one that whined about ANY privilege, so I find you remark there very ignorant...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

And that's quite an opinion you have there.
Ever been to Spy bar? Or any of the old Bandito hang outs
near Brownsville? Texas, in case you didn't know is a big damn place
Pal. And knowing the owners of a place called Ginneys I'm fine with everything
I said pal. Don't have to know everything about Texas, to know it's full of
rednecks pal.

So you're comparing Brownsville to Austin? You're comparing biker-gang bars to... any other place on the planet?

You might as well be comparing rural Alabama to San Francisco. Your comparison is completely asinine. If biker-gang bars are your standard for state-wide behavior, there isn't a safe place for anyone in the country.

Just admit that you made an incredibly ignorant statement and you really don't know what you're talking about or you can continue sticking your foot in your mouth. Your choice.

edit on 3/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Tons of the hip, non-hip and rabel are in Austin this week for SbySW (a music scene of international proportions).
You can find anything and any type in town this week. I stay away.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: queenofswords

I think you got it !!

Any idea what "emerging" issues they are talking about? IMO, the only "emerging" issues are the ones this administration is creating.

There's some legislative action going on...

There's must be some hidden "issues"....

Pending Texas House Emerging Issues In Texas Law Enforcement, Select Committee

Did you notice the dates on those bills?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They don't look cheaply made. Hopefully they can be sourced back to where they were made to find out who did it. Would assume to go ask people are local graphic shops if they had printed them, not that they want to admit because they'd be under fire, if no data on that they could have been ordered from the net.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I found this on yahoo.

Exclusively for white people.

Austin is one of the fastest-growing cities in the U.S. and is confronting increasing questions about economic and racial segregation as real estate prices skyrocket around its urban core.

Raul Alvarez, board president for the East Austin Conservancy, said the stickers are likely in response to gentrification in the area on Austin's east side.

"I certainly share the concerns about the history and culture and affordability that's being lost because of the rapid development, but our organization tends to focus on what it is we can do to preserve what makes East Austin unique and not focus on strategies that divide the community," he told the Austin American-Statesman newspaper.

So this might be a protest against the gentrification of Austin's east side. More and more of these problems are occurring now that more affluent people are moving into "lower class" neighborhoods and transforming the community's existing dynamics.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Tons of the hip, non-hip and rabel are in Austin this week for SbySW (a music scene of international proportions).
You can find anything and any type in town this week. I stay away.

Thing is people don't know the context in which this story took place. With the "artsy, creative" thing going on, on top of it being SXSW, seriously could be anything. But almost certainly not having to do with outright racism or hate. Honestly would be stupid to think. No one here has even mentioned it not have I seen anything on social media. People are busy with sxsw or whatever, and with all that happens during this time, 99.5% of people could see this and not even give it a thought. Because they'd probably know, or heavily assume, it's some sort of "social awareness education" or whatever, point being they certainly wouldn't be taking it literally, at rock bottom face value. If they were that stupid they probably wouldn't be in Austin, let alone be going to sxsw...

Seriously, even the sticker is "artsy" lol.
edit on 19-3-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You would think with 6 businesses having stickers put on their front windows, at least one would come up with video of the person/s who did this.
edit on 19-3-2015 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I wasn't comparing anything in my original statement Einstien.
If you have any reading skills at all? You'll see that the truth of
what I'm referring to lay in the fact that the owners of these
establishments are warning people about the patronage that
can't be controlled. Now you tell me this doesn't happen in Texas
when I know damn well better? Go ahead and lie! Or you admit
you just made an ass of yourself period.

No.1 racism will never die because it lives in all of us.
No.2 Texas is one of those states that is highly charged with
redneck racists. To the MAX. And the signs may not be there
purely out of that racism. It is a fact that they are there as a
warning. I know of many taverns and barrooms in Texas that
if a black person stumbled into accidently. It could very well
cost him his life. Good reason for the signs.

Or maybe you need to cut back on the coffee a little, or go
get some chocolate or something?
edit on Ram32015v312015u20 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yes, racism lives on in all of us. No matter if we never think a racist thought or utter a racist word, we're still just damn, dirty racists.

Yup, so many bars in Austin where a black dude could get murdered if he accidentally walked in there. I've never been there but I just know it, all those damn racists.

Now black neighborhoods on the other hand......peaceful, quiet, serene, safe, really, really safe......especially for white people. Blacks aren't racists, they love white people.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

Yes, racism lives on in all of us. No matter if we never think a racist thought or utter a racist word, we're still just damn, dirty racists.

Yup, so many bars in Austin where a black dude could get murdered if he accidentally walked in there. I've never been there but I just know it, all those damn racists.

Now black neighborhoods on the other hand......peaceful, quiet, serene, safe, really, really safe......especially for white people. Blacks aren't racists, they love white people.

Is your post full of #### and sarcasm because you're
afraid to try and make a real point?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Don't mind the late night trolls...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Baah! Even a real troll would make quick work of 'em.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join