It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious flash lightens night sky in south Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
An inexplicable white-and-blue flash was spotted lighting up the sky over the southern Russian city of Stavropol. A dashcam video has since triggered a heated debate over the origins of the mysterious sight.

Stavropol’s horizon offered a jaw-dropping view to those who weren’t asleep at around 00:39 local time (21.39 GMT on Monday). The soundless flash of light scared several people, as it made some streetlights in the city go out, while being accompanied by the flickering of lights inside apartments and houses

Mysterious light in sky over Russia

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

Wow I wish I saw that. Do meteorites usually cause street lamps to go out like that?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64

Wow I wish I saw that. Do meteorites usually cause street lamps to go out like that?

No, but a transformer at an electrical substation might.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The flash is believed to have originated from the ground. I'm going for the cause as an exploding power line transformer or a snagged power line.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64

They're claiming it is not naturally occurring, so meteorite is ruled out.

In the Huff Post this morning, they're claiming UFO crash, but I notice they have taken the story down now.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
The flash is believed to have originated from the ground. I'm going for the cause as an exploding power line transformer or a snagged power line.

They ruled that out, but to be honest, it's the most logical explanation.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Some street lights have sensors that will turn them off and on with enough or absence of ambient light.

Brilliant bluish light is a common feature of electrical arc welding such as done on steel and iron structures.
The flashes at night can be witnessed for long distances. However, such illumination is usually fluctuating in intensity and being and not entirely continuous.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wow....that was a huge flash of light. I can't see how that could possibly be a transformer.

But there was also this report from the 10th:

Source

(Reuters) - The Russian defense ministry said on Monday it had launched military exercises in the country's southern region of Stavropol, the news agency RIA Novosti reported on Tuesday.

The exercises involve artillerymen and multiple launch rocket systems, the agency reported, citing a statement.

So, likely part of the military exercises going on there......
edit on 3/19/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Some street lights have sensors that will turn them off and on with enough or absence of ambient light.

ALL street lights that I know of have sensors.
You don't think they use timers do you?
Maybe in Russia they have a guy that drives around and flips a switch at the base of each pole.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My thought it is an electricity sub station. The only thing is it was almost completely silent.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

From what I've read, these are the alien Death Cauldrons being removed. Nearby townspeople see a flash - and find an exploded-outward crater the next day.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Wow you really do believe any old crap you read on the net don't you.
Think I'll go for a more logical explanation thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackDog

Correction: I believe in "corroborated" crap. Which is why some of my favorite discussions are buried in The Skunk and [Hoax] forums.

www.utaot.com...
(2013) SCIENTISTS PROVE ANCIENT ALIEN CAULDRONS IN SIBERIA ARE REAL

www.zerohedge.com...
(Feb. 2015) MORE GIANT CRATERS APPEAR IN SIBERIA
"Nearby residents in a town called Antipayuta say they saw a bright flash in the distance," where a new crater was found.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
MYSTERIOUS DOMES OF SIBERIA'S VALLEY OF DEATH

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That looks very electrical to me, having been through a couple of tropical storms & hurricanes in my time that made victims of substations & powerlines.

Dollars to donuts that's what it was. I'll offer up some day-old donut holes towards military exercises as a runner-up, too, they're playing in the area currently.
edit on 3/19/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
These are earthquake lights apparently..

The relevant info is included in the updated posts along the page in the link below.

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Someone posted on ATS about this yesterday
edit on 19-3-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It looks electrical to me as well. Notice the stepping of the illumination.
I saw a transformer explode once in the city. It was the brightest blue/green for about a second or two, and it arced for a while after that, white.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Already posted.

Please add your contributions here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join