It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School brainwashing kids into Islam with vocabulary exercises

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Virgins...don't you know !? a reply to: FlySolo

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: FlySolo

I personally think that religion has no place in education. School is

for educating and the home is where religion should be taught.

Its illegal. People can pay to send their children to religious schools, but keep all religion out of the school period.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If it will help reduce the rates of functionally illiterate graduates go for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...uh, oh, this could seriously cut into the kids' 'Global Warming' and 'Trans-gender Awareness' class time.

Totally. Kids need to be ignorant when it comes to ecological and social responsibilities. Gotta keep the status quo! Them genderqueer folk and environmentalist turrists hate our way of life, right?! *highfive-belch*

How very elitist and Stereotypical of you. All non-liberals are jes' a bunch of ignorant good-ol-boy hayseeds and hicks. Got it. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Stepping out side the "normal curriculum" to learn a little bit about a religion BIG DEAL!!!!!!

of course we need the ATS Uneducated Islamaphobes to step in and make a Mountain out of a mole Hill !

I am Almost positive if this lesson placed "Jesus " instead of Muhammad we wouldn't be reading about this thread !

Indoctrination ! heh what a joke !

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Its illegal. People can pay to send their children to religious schools, but keep all religion out of the school period.

You're assuming its illegal world wide, I 'm not sure it is.

The point I was trying to make is that school should be for educating

and include the basis of all religions.

But the individual religion of each pupil should only been gone into

and taught in the home, temple, mosque, church, synagogue, etc.

of the personal respective religion of the individual.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Wrong. On all counts

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Wrong. On all counts

really ? you honestly believe "schools are Brainwashing kids into Islam ?" one little Isolated incident and your over here spreading the news like "our kids" are going to be the next jihad john !

I would be more concerned about Indoctrination they can easily find on YouTube ! or some wacky Jihad website !

but please by all means don't let me stop your crusade !

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
dbl /post
edit on 18-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

...uh, oh, this could seriously cut into the kids' 'Global Warming' and 'Trans-gender Awareness' class time.

Totally. Kids need to be ignorant when it comes to ecological and social responsibilities. Gotta keep the status quo! Them genderqueer folk and environmentalist turrists hate our way of life, right?! *highfive-belch*

How very elitist and Stereotypical of you. All non-liberals are jes' a bunch of ignorant good-ol-boy hayseeds and hicks. Got it. Thank you for sharing.

Well if "liberal" is juxtapositioned with taking social and ecological issues seriously, then yeah... that would be the epitome of "ignorance" to me. I don't send my daughter to school to ignore problems her generation faces.

And as far as you thinking I'm comparing "hicks" to ignorance, please understand that I know plenty of liberal and enlightened "hicks". They also high-five and belch when marriage equality laws get passed. I despise ignorance, not "hicks".

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Stepping out side the "normal curriculum" to learn a little bit about a religion BIG DEAL!!!!!!

of course we need the ATS Uneducated Islamaphobes to step in and make a Mountain out of a mole Hill !

I am Almost positive if this lesson placed "Jesus " instead of Muhammad we wouldn't be reading about this thread !

I am a promoter of multiculturalism but think in this case it does sound like religious indoctrination, if it was about J is for Jesus and C is for christ B is for boy king I would have issues with this also as I would most likely see it as bible thumpers pushing their religion on the unsuspecting as it wasn't being taught in the context of a history class .
edit on 18-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Call me old fashion but I'm of the opinion that kids who just barely learned the alphabet shouldn't be taught anything about religion, politics, or sex.... Guess I'm just weird....

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Just came upon this video from liveleaks where a mother has found really strange word exercises which all revolve around the Muslim faith. It uses words which seem to target the imagination of kids in descriptions of "heaven" and "wars". It uses language to invoke a sensation of religious dogma which shouldn't be taught in schools.

Farmville Central High School in North Carolina is coming under fire for what conservatives believe is an attempt to indoctrinate children into the Muslim faith using Common Core vocabulary exercises.Fox News commentator Todd Starnes attacked the school on behalf of anonymous parents he spoke to. “What if right after Pearl Harbor our educational system was talking about how great the Japanese emperor was?” one such parent asked. “What if during the Cold War our educational system was telling students how wonderful Russia was?”

The exercises in question are designed to broaden students’ vocabulary while also teaching them about the Islamic faith. For example, the word “mosque” is defined in one sentence, and students are later asked to use the word in a fill-in-the-blank exercise.
Read more at www.liveleak.com...

So there's going to be the crowd that says "what's wrong with teaching a little history and empathy towards other religions in public schools?"
My answer? Nothing - just not in a language exercise. There's history classes for that. Whomever wrote out this language exercise clearly had an agenda to push some sneaky underhanded religious propaganda to the youth. And a kid isn't wise enough to see clear and blatant attempt of indoctrination. Adults can, and this mother did.

So the next question is...why is American public schools, ruled by a school board, owned and operated by the government, try to indoctrinate kids into the Islamic faith? Something's going on. Just look how many Caucasians are becoming radicalized and flocking to the ME. It's just down right bizarre. The last thing a regular agnostic or Atheist teen would ever want to do is become a "born again Christian" YUCK right? Yet teens are willing to go completely Mohammad on their families and take up Islamic radicalization? Something's going on. And the schools have something to do with it.

embed didn't work:
www.youtube.com...

So your saying the wackadoodke politicians against a standardized school curriculum poured thru all the common core texts and all they found was where you had to fill in a blank with the word mosque???

LMAO....ROFL!!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I am a promoter of multiculturalism but think in this case it does sound like religious indoctrination, if it was about J is for Jesus and C is for christ B is for boy king I would have issues with this also as I would most likely see it as bible thumpers pushing their religion on the unsuspecting as it wasn't being taught in the context of a history class .

i am with you and i agree with you ! however Op's title does not seem to agree with us !

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: autopat51

Maybe we're all just headed for one giant self-fulfilling prophecy.

Don't say maybe or else the prophecy could be in limbo. You must fulfill it yourself, or at least expect the outcome to be as you imagined it would. Imagine what survivors of the apocohaust would believe after it happened. The religion that depicted it the most accurate would be seen as the more correct book of truth. One world government, one world religion, one world language, etc. The powerful have already made plans to survive and to carry out the plans in order to achieve this, though it may not happen until their grandchildren take their place. But to reduce humanity in such a drastic way, ensuring certain aspects are passed on to create a true one world everything, with peace and prosperity in mind, but ends in slave state.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well it is not just Islam that some of TPTB want to teach American Children...in Florida they want to hand out Satanic books too.

Here is the link: wonkette.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Wrong. On all counts

really ? you honestly believe "schools are Brainwashing kids into Islam ?" one little Isolated incident and your over here spreading the news like "our kids" are going to be the next jihad john !

I would be more concerned about Indoctrination they can easily find on YouTube ! or some wacky Jihad website !

but please by all means don't let me stop your crusade !

Instead of my son's class doing an Easter play for his school, they are doing a play that is more relevant today than Bunnies and Jesus and Equinoxes. Half will go on stage planting roadside bombs (eggs) praising Allah and when the other half come out with giant baskets and covered in camo to take all their eggs, bombs explode in their face. I think it's about "home is where your heart is" or "Don't let people s#!t where you live" I don't know, it was pretty artsy for a 4th graders play and there was little speaking parts. But the soundtrack was awesome.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Call me old fashion but I'm of the opinion that kids who just barely learned the alphabet shouldn't be taught anything about religion, politics, or sex.... Guess I'm just weird....

Actually, it's easier to start practicing these acts in class before teaching what they mean.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

And then there's pastafarians
www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This is interesting, North Carolina is the 7th state to ban Sharia law in their state, meaning no judges will consider Sharia law to see cases involving Muslim that practice Islam

But they are allowing the indoctrination of Islam I mean learning the meaning of Islamic words while using word games in the curriculum?

I mean it maybe in one high school, but it makes no sense, perhaps the area have a high volume of Islamic Muslims or somebody in the School district may have a Muslim background or ties.

I can only see all those "in North Carolina" make a big deal about all this.

Didn't Florida try to do something like that and it was a big deal about it no so long ago?

I believe it had to do with a text book approved by the Council on Islamic Education in the US that is been pushing Islam teachings in public schools, but the book depicted Mohammad as the only god.

I think it was in Brevard county that this happen.

I wonder why do we have to have a darn Islamic council of education meddling in our public schools, Keep the religion out of our public school system and Islam in the Mosques.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join