It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Deal with "Remastered" Games??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Like what? I put a good bit of time into Skyrim, but I don't play games like most people.

I went 70 hours before I saw my first dragon, lol

If you guys are just talking remaster only in the sense of graphics, then I guess I don't really have an opinion. Graphics arent a big deal to me at all. I don't even care to watch movies in HD & I despise 3D films.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

There were a lot of freezing issues with skyrim and Fallout new vegas for ps3 that were never addressed. I know mine hard locked quite a few times. As far as graphics go, I much prefer a good story line and large open world with lots to do.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Hm interesting, I don't recall ever freezing, but frankly I never delved extremely far into the main storyline.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

It didn't happen to everyone, although a lot of people did have it happen. I think it had to do with the size of the save file and the fact that the game had to account for everything in the game world that had been interacted with. Also ps3 was apparently really difficult for game dev's to work with. Some of the add on content for Skyrim wasn't made available for ps3 because of this.

cj6

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I had major issues with Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The save files just got bigger and bigger and the frame rate got super slow. Skyrim too, so many problems with the ps3 version that they never bothered to fix. Not even the legendary edition was fixed.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cj6

I even tried the "wait 30 days in game" to reset everything, and it did nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cj6

originally posted by: subfab

i'd buy killzone 2 as a remaster
i'd buy baldur's gate as a remaster.

So you couldn't pick 2 GOOD games to remaster? Lol jk

ha ha ha
almost laughed coffee out my nose.
ha ha ha

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: subfab

i'd buy killzone 2 as a remaster
i'd buy baldur's gate as a remaster.

Theres BG1 and 2 remastered with a 1.5 in the works.

that's cool.
baldur's gate was fun. i do enjoy a good hack and slash game.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Final Fantasy VII, anyone? How damn long is that often rumored remake going to stay a pipedream?

Shenmue is another one that modern graphics and programming would give a second life to.

The Fatal Frame Series, too.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It's because none of the big studios expected the Xbox One and PS4 to sell even half as well as they have done. They figured that given the 'next-gen' console swere basically going to be mid-range PCs at time of release, that gamers wouldn't flock to the new consoles in the way they did.

So they didn't start developing new games for the next-gen consoles as quickly as they might have done. Which is why there is this big gap, where the next-gen consoles have been out, what, 18 months now? And there's still very very little to play on them.

This should change over the next year, because the developers now think it's worthwhile to develop for them.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

As long as people are willing to pay for them, a company will make them. Looking at it from a business standpoint, it makes TONS of sense. Since the game already exists, you don't have to spend nearly as much money putting it out and you have a guaranteed audience who will buy it when you do. Sure, not all of the original fan base will buy it, but then again younger people will buy it who didn't play it when it came out originally.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Eh... This isn't true at all. Release titles for new gen consoles has ALWAYS been slow. This is because many companies haven't figured out how to use the full benefits of the new hardware yet or are trying to create games for both the new gen and prior gen consoles since they know that people are trying to transition.

For example. The ps2, which is now largely considered the console with the best video game library, started out with one of the weakest sets of release titles. It just takes a while for a console to get going. That's all.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't mind seeing remastered games, but would rather they be actual "old" games

Imagine replaying the Myst series using Unreal 4.0. Ultama Underworld?

Some games are so old that I've forgotten about them, so it would be like playing a new game for me, heh.

Not sure about Bioware remaking the Mass Effect games. They're quite busy working on the 4th Mass Effect right now.

What I want to see is: Another Half-Life game put out! Come on Valve! It's been how long now???

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Diablo would be the only game I can think of wanting to see re done-with thousands more magic items and a few hundred more levels.

Oh-and fix the whole "it's like my character is trying to walk with broken legs" movement.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

As a primarily console gamer I'd also love to see a rereleased Morrowind with a modern graphics update, that damn "clean up bodies" requirement removed, and for the love of God a more organized journal!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Did you ever play the PS1 version of Diablo? I have it, it's pretty awesome playing it on console.

I'm still bitter that they created World of Warcraft, instead of World of Diablo.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not sure if it's true, I heard Bethesda is looking to make a game where all provinces of tamriel are included.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

i forgot one game. been a long time since i played it.
gorf

youtu.be...

great game that took many quarters from me over the years.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

one more i liked was a game called jet motto.
great fun

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

YES.

Remasters are AMAZING.

The new games are severely lacking in a lot of places. LIke story, character development, music.

Remakes, allow me to replay some of the best games ever made.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join