It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Odd Story of a lawyer turned Traitor turned Prosecutor General turned Japanese Heart Throb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Real life is stranger than Fiction...

Natalia Poklonskaya was a simple lawyer working her way up through the ranks of the Ukrainian prosecutor's office. Divorced with one child she focused on her work and it showed. She advanced fast in her career.

sputniknews.com...

When Ukraine's Maiden revolution started Natalia was faced with a difficult choice. Her parents lived in Crimea and she had grown up there as well as just outside Lugansk. She identified strongly with Russia. Events moved quickly but Natalia didn't hesitate. She formally resigned her good job in Kiev and moved her small family back home to Crimea. Upon arrival she offered her services to the fledgling government just being formed in Crimea. Having a job again would be nice.

Sergei Aksyonov was a man with a million problems. Told to form a government from nothing in Crimea wasn't easy. Especially when people were turning top level jobs down. Sergei had offered the top prosecutor job to 4 different men...all had turned him down. No one could blame them, Crimea was awash in banditry as they say in Russia. Nobody knew who was giving the orders and who was protected and who was not. A prosecutor who stepped on the wrong toes didn't keep his job very long and usually retirement was of the permanent type. Enter the hard charging go getter Natalia Poklonskaya. She had the legal training and experience to do the job. She also didn't have the choice to turn the job down as any single mother very well understands.

en.wikipedia.org...

Immediately Poklonskaya was declared a traitor of Ukraine. It wasn't a surprising development to be honest. She knew her old employers weren't going to be happy with her decision. However what came next was surprising. The EU, US and Canada all placed her on the Sanctions list. Her European holiday plans were put on hold forever. She wasn't allowed to enter many of the countries she had dreamed about visiting in her youth. The decision to live with her family in Crimea wasn't even questioned for a moment. Natalia never had a doubt. Well those alleged 3 attempts to kill her may have rattled her a bit, but they never stopped her.

Natalia had other problems however. Bigger problems. The press conference to announce her getting the Crimea Prosecutor General's job went Viral. In a few days almost 2 million people watched her getting a new job. Someone in Crimea had made a quick YouTube video of the announcement. Oddly it wasn't Russians watching her get that job...it was Japanese men! Lots of them! It turns out Poklonskaya is a near perfect fit for the typical Japanese Animee image of beauty. Natalia had no idea she was a Youtube sensation until her daughter told her about it all. She now had additional duties as an undeclared ambassador to Japan.

www.youtube.com...

So a strange journey turns 35 today! Happy Birthday Ms. Poklonskaya! Your courage to stay together with your family and face banishment from the West for no reason whatsoever is admirable. Your efforts to build a better life for everyone out of the ashes of war deserve admiration instead of your facial features.

edit on 18-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

for no reason?

She is part of a government that's not recognized by anyone but Russia and 6 other countries.

She made the choice to go down this road and I respect her for making it. She now has to live with results of that choice.

edit on 18-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'd suggest she doesn't deserve to be sanctioned for her work in Crimea. Just my opinion however.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Life really is stranger than fiction. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
I'd suggest she doesn't deserve to be sanctioned for her work in Crimea. Just my opinion however.

Fair enough...

I think its dangerous to call protestors bandits and being ashamed that they are allowed to protest is a problem in the making for her.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Fair enough...
I think its dangerous to call protestors bandits and being ashamed that they are allowed to protest is a problem in the making for her.

Oh I never meant to say protesters are bandits! I meant that Crimea was lawless for awhile there with no government and no police until the new government got set up. Sorry if the story came across like that!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Whomever in Canada put sanctions against her should be fired (from a cannon). FFS's, she's a single mom, she's got to work, otherwise, Canada should have either shut their pie-holes or have just offered her refuge status and put her on mother's allowance. They do more for the drug addict crack-whores here than they do for people who want to work.

Oh, I just noticed, she's hot! I wonder if she wants sponsorship? I would do it just to piss off harpernista and make him look bad to obama (bonus if he looked bad to his handlers).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Oh, I just noticed, she's hot! I wonder if she wants sponsorship?

You are too late. Japanese ex prime minister already in the picture

youtu.be...

top topics

join