It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Catholic church installs watering system to drench homeless people as they sleep

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's Nancy Pelosi's constituency isn't it? I'm sure she'll get right onto it with "The Word."

I think she said that was her favorite part of the Bible.

It's amazing how you can turn almost any thread into partisan bickering.

It's amazing how many threads you start that are straight up religion bashing.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

It's Nancy Pelosi's constituency isn't it? I'm sure she'll get right onto it with "The Word."

Perhaps if Christian religions would follow the teaching of Christ; there would be no need to point out the hypocrisy.
edit on 18-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well and so, if the compassionate blue state of California wasn't the home of this church, then I wouldn't feel the need to point out the equal hypocrisy of the failed welfare state which atheists seem to think does a better job than any church.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I went looking for some type explanation/half-ass justification for this, but only:

Cathedral staff confirmed that the system had been in place for about a year, and that it was intended to discourage homeless people from seeking shelter in the church’s doorway.

We do the best we can, and supporting the dignity of each person,” Archdiocese spokesperson Chris Lyford said. “But there is only so much you can do.

Yeah, right.

edit on 3/18/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ya cause the Catholic Church is the shining example of progressive ideology.

Well on paper maybe, but hardly executed.

And again why does this church speak for the state?
edit on thWed, 18 Mar 2015 16:06:28 -0500America/Chicago320152880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There are many Catholic charities that will gladly house the homeless. Catholics are some of the most giving, helpful people you will find. I don't see a problem with deterring people from living on the front steps of your Cathedral.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It must be a diversion away from the City's failures.

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Heartbreaking, really. Simply heartbreaking. Others should go take them fresh dry towels, and hot coffee.

I so hate to hear of this blatant cruelty and disregard for our mostly mentally ill and VETERANS.

Why should others do as you said. Why don't you do as suggested? Why don't all the progressives in LA LA land open their homes to these folks and stop making it someone else problem? You bring them hot coffee and dry towels and stop putting it off on someone else.

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

How about steering them to the services instead of wasting water to drench them?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Perhaps if Christian religions would follow the teaching of Christ; there would be no need to point out the hypocrisy.

Your views in regards to religious folks seems to border on bigotry. I do agree that you spend an inordinate amount of time bashing the beliefs of others instead of promoting your own.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How about steering them to the services instead of wasting water to drench them?

What are you doing for them? That's what I thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So ignore the question and go after me? What do you know about my life. I do plenty of volunteer in this regard thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Your views in regards to religious folks seems to border on bigotry. I do agree that you spend an inordinate amount of time bashing the beliefs of others instead of promoting your own.

This thread isn't about me. If you want to start a thread about our personal religious beliefs and affiliations; I will be more than happy to contribute.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ah yes the Catholic Church grasping power and spreading hypocrisy for 2000 years!

Disgusting behaviour for the representatives of any faith to display.
and they wonder why organised religion is regarded with growing contempt.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

But this is Cali ... the land of the oh-so-compassionate progressives ... I guess they all voted for a welfare state so these people have no reason to be homeless. After all, every single one of the people in that church not only got taxed to within an inch of their life to pay for a large state welfare system, including Obamacare in all its phases (so their health care is FREE), but they also must surely tithe to the Catholic Church so there are Catholic Charities available for the homeless too.

So of course those homeless folks have plenty of places to go and state programs available to them.

/sarc

Right...

Let's take the focus off the rich Christian folks who are hosing the homeless to discourage them seeking shelter in their doorways, and blame Obama!

Typical!

edit on 18-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Oh dear!

I suppose you can be religious and a member of a church without being a Christian.

So then, you will know them by their fruits. "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not really "seeing" any proof of this happening.

The video is a sound track.

And the phone video shows nothing.

another brain challenge !!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

What sort of bastard drenches a homeless person, and all their meagre possessions, while wasting water into the bargain?

I am utterly aghast.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So the statement of the church mean nothing?

Must be another obama psy op...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sunday morning having folks asleep all over the lawn is not exactly what any Church wants to see so one can sympathize with them just a little bit.

I wonder how many of those homeless people would accept a job if it was offered to them and a chance to get off the street.
It would have to pay pretty darn good to ever give them a foot hold and start over. Its like 2 to 300 bucks a week just to stay in a motel. 500 bucks a month to stay in a trailer park minus utilities and that's where I'm located, its probably double that out there.

I don't know the answer but its a sad situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join