It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - The Modern equivalent to the Ancient Roman Empire? Where do the poor and homeless fit?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nameless Hussy

When I was homeless as a student a couple years ago, I wasn't counted in those statistics. For shelter during the night I would hang out in a 24/7 Tim Hortons lobby (warm, safe, internet to do my school work, and a source of caffeine for the night... perfect really). During the day I would shower in the schools athletic complex, attend my classes, and sleep in the private rooms in the library.

Technically I had places to go so I wasn't on the streets, but that's how it was. That didn't get me counted as homeless.

The students you refer to aren't college students but minors. The discrepency in the numbers probably has to do with one number only counting adults while the other is including kids. I remember back in 6th grade, my best friend was homeless. His family lived out of a motel room that they could be kicked from at any time. It's not a good place for people to be.

However, as a people it seems we would rather have empty homes sitting on lots than to actually house people.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah ... sure
I hope that America does not need to do water rationing, because in Rome it looks like they can't build an aquaduct that work any longer

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join