It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presbyterian Church (USA) Amends Constitution to Allow Gay Marriage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Sex does exist for procreation, solely. Other benefits like "exercise" are just things that happen because of it. Sex doesnt exist so we stay in shape or stay entertained

Nope. That's just your opinion. If it were true, the facts would be different. Sex wouldn't be fun, feel good and be desirable even when females aren't fertile. Women wouldn't still want to have sex while they're pregnant, if sex was solely for procreation.

Can you imagine how many children would exist if a men "procreated" every time they had the urge!

Nope. Nature encourages and tricks us into procreation, but sex is used for much more than that.

It's only natural, just as we have defied nature by wearing clothing, housing ourselves, creating dams and utilizing electricity and petroleum, etc., so is it natural to subdue the potency of sex by utilizing birth control. By doing so, women live longer lives and with fewer children, everybody is able to thrive.

Having sex and NOT procreating is a VERY, VERY positive turn of events for humanity.

edit on 18-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Music evolved from JOY IN THE HEART my good man. It played on the battlefield only because WE ALREADY KNEW THE IMPACT OF MUSIC.

Homosexuality is natures ATTEMPT to correct our culture. Cities and droves of people living with a maligned mindset are havens for those who would not survive otherwise. We will see as time goes on, what the stories of soddom and gomorrah were all about. Lets revisit your theory of nature putting homosexuals here to correct populations. Natural disasters will be the next move nature makes to take out the stubborn ones that culture allows to still thrive. Just as the body has to fight viciously to remove the cancer cells... many many many other (good) cells die in the fight, but true survivors are left with the truest cells.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Marriage is something that should be granted to a male and female that are in tune with their creator and are able to make a true commitment to their creator through the act of marriage.

Since marriage is a man made construct, a business arrangement, and since marriage is NOT required for sex or for procreation, why should some obscure celestial "creator" be involved in overseeing a formal legally binding contract between two people?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

Music evolved from JOY IN THE HEART my good man. It played on the battlefield only because WE ALREADY KNEW THE IMPACT OF MUSIC.

Homosexuality is natures ATTEMPT to correct our culture. Cities and droves of people living with a maligned mindset are havens for those who would not survive otherwise. We will see as time goes on, what the stories of soddom and gomorrah were all about. Lets revisit your theory of nature putting homosexuals here to correct populations. Natural disasters will be the next move nature makes to take out the stubborn ones that culture allows to still thrive. Just as the body has to fight viciously to remove the cancer cells... many many many other (good) cells die in the fight, but true survivors are left with the truest cells.

No, that isn't my point at all. Homosexuality is just used to stabilize the population. You know, so it doesn't keep growing out of control? Natural disasters are just events that happen because humans are foolish enough to live in places where they happen a lot.

Though your post reads like a bible post and I don't align with bible reasoning. I align with what science says and science says the bible is wrong.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

What "facts would be different"? Please explain.

My friend, sex exists to create life. The urge to be stimulated sexually comes from the most innate and deepest recesses of who we are as humans.. When something happens within the biochemistry of a male to make him target other males as a response to his innate desires, it most certainly has to be a defect. The biochemistry would probably even show something as significant as low testosterone or other chemical imbalances if sciences actually wanted to define it and draw a line.

There are those who practice sexual stimulation with themselves, with objects, with same sexed humans... but this is not the intention of sex, merely a release of the sexual tension that innately builds up within us whether we like it or not. Some may say, a loss of discipline.. Some may say, a sin. Either way you look at it we are on this earth to learn, to improve, and to love. Lessons will be learned and we will grow from them.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

If you seek to understand why you are here you will seek your creator. From there you MAY seek the beauties of life, prime example being a female companion. To honor god, and the gift of woman, a commitment and ceremony are to be done simply out of the joy of god's grace.
edit on 18-3-2015 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Natural disasters are not predictable. What happens when an asteroid his the earth, are we at fault for living in the "wrong place"? Heres one for you to chew on.. What happens when the fire and smoke from that asteroid kills off specific peoples. Why did our creator choose to leave certain individuals here to stay, and live, and create life?

This does not eliminate defects, it is part of creation itself. But it restores balance and order. This happens always.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

When something happens within the biochemistry of a male to make him target other males as a response to his innate desires, it most certainly has to be a defect.

This is merely an opinion and isn't backed up with science. Homosexuality may be no more of a defect than altruism.

There are those who practice sexual stimulation with themselves, with objects, with same sexed humans... but this is not the intention of sex, merely a release of the sexual tension that innately builds up within us whether we like it or not. Some may say, a loss of discipline.

There are many heterosexual couple who exhibit the same proclivities. Do you honestly believe that there was no same sex going on in harems, and that men didn't enjoy and become aroused watching it? Sex, like everything else, isn't black and white. Sex is a physical expression of joy and love, whether performed alone, with the opposite sex, with the same sex or with a a group of people. As long as it's consensual, there is no sin, no defect nor crime is sexual expression, period!

If you seek to understand why you are here you will seek your creator. From there you will seek the beauties of life, prime example being a female companion.

A prime example of the beauties of life is having a companion who loves you, who's your "best friend" regardless of gender. You can't take that away from any loving couple regardless of your archaic small mindedness.

To honor god, and the gift of woman, a commitment and ceremony are to be done simply out of the joy of god's grace.

To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

Yeah, no thanks. Besides, I don't believe that your God exists.

edit on 18-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

So, your statement:

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Did you know that now it is legal for incest sex? That's right Dad and daughters, Moms with their sons all having sex and it is legal!!

Is NOT in fact, true. For one thing, that's in Germany. This is in the USA (see title).
And secondly, it's not at all legal in Germany for "dad and daughters, moms with their sons" to have sex. Your external quote proves what you said to be false. Read it carefully.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: DeathSlayer

So, your statement:

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Did you know that now it is legal for incest sex? That's right Dad and daughters, Moms with their sons all having sex and it is legal!!

Is NOT in fact, true. For one thing, that's in Germany. This is in the USA (see title).
And secondly, it's not at all legal in Germany for "dad and daughters, moms with their sons" to have sex. Your external quote proves what you said to be false. Read it carefully.

There is one state in the US that you can live together --- such as daughter and father.

There are zero states you can marry --- as daughter and father.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Homosexuality is just used to stabilize the population. You know, so it doesn't keep growing out of control?

This is ridiculous logic, is this scholarly and can you post a link to this theory?

Or is it just personal opinion?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

You're the typical booksmart, no common sense type of person, aren't ya?

He was being facetious.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: AinElohim

You're the typical booksmart, no common sense type of person, aren't ya?

He was being facetious.

well with no emotion in the post, how the heck is one to tell?

people need to be more expressive ya know, it's a problem with the world.

---

I know my tone is usually suffice, but I make use of those icons down there as much as I can

youtu.be...

edit on 18-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
There is one state in the US that you can live together --- such as daughter and father.

How's that? Most daughters live with their fathers... Are you saying sex between parent and offspring is legal in one state? If so, which one?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

Kaylaluv, please understand being left handed is NOT a developmental defect, I sincerely hope you are spouting that nonsense out of the role devils advocate. Developmental defects can be as serious as sterility, which permits a living organism from reproducing. Their lineage ENDS there, at the hand of god. Being left handed has NO IMPACT on reproduction. Homosexuality is on the same level as a sterile male with non-functioning testicles. A mal-functioning brain puts up the same wall as a dysfunctional organ.

You're right - being left handed is not a developmental defect. Neither is being a homosexual. A homosexual male is NOT sterile - their body parts function normally - they are perfectly capable of fathering children, and many have.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if people replying on here actually realise that us "gays" are people too - with lives, jobs, families and some of us are genuinely good people. Being written about as if we are pieces of crap is hurtful.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

a reply to: kaylaluv

Kaylaluv, please understand being left handed is NOT a developmental defect, I sincerely hope you are spouting that nonsense out of the role devils advocate. Developmental defects can be as serious as sterility, which permits a living organism from reproducing. Their lineage ENDS there, at the hand of god. Being left handed has NO IMPACT on reproduction. Homosexuality is on the same level as a sterile male with non-functioning testicles. A mal-functioning brain puts up the same wall as a dysfunctional organ.

You're right - being left handed is not a developmental defect. Neither is being a homosexual. A homosexual male is NOT sterile - their body parts function normally - they are perfectly capable of fathering children, and many have.

Being left-handed is a unique rarity...

Homosexuality is not, so we can throw that out the window right this instance

Logical discussions have no need of pseudosciences.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scallywwagg
I sometimes wonder if people replying on here actually realise that us "gays" are people too - with lives, jobs, families and some of us are genuinely good people. Being written about as if we are pieces of crap is hurtful.

You mean you have both a sexual orientation and a lifestyle just like heteros do?

[[[[[[[[[[ HUGS ]]]]]]]]]

Wish I could do more.

edit on 18-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim
Being left-handed is a unique rarity...

Homosexuality is not, so we can throw that out the window right this instance

What? What do you mean by that?

Studies suggest that approximately 10% of the world population is left-handed.
Source

According to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research, about 20 percent of the population is attracted to their own gender.
Source

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Annee

How's that? Most daughters live with their fathers... Are you saying sex between parent and offspring is legal in one state? If so, which one?

Oops! Distraction by the Little Guy.

Yes -- an incestuous relationship between father and daughter.

I think New Jersey. I have to look it up. If I look it up while posting it will delete my posting.

-----------

OK, got it.

Sexual relationships among adult relatives are legal, but they weren't always. Incest was outlawed in New Jersey until 1979, when the state enacted a new criminal code that left a section planned for incest blank, according to Peter Gilbreth, a Morristown-based attorney who handles both criminal and family cases. www.nj.com...

edit on 18-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join