It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We Go Again! Body cam footage Dallas PD shoot mentally ill man

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov

I am not the only person who has raised this problem in this thread.

Argumentum ad populum? Really? Is that the angle you are going to choose to dismiss my views?

No I used facts to dismiss your views.

I was pointing out that I was not the only person who found your posts lacking substance while being heavy on comments with no foundation in law.

We get it.. you don't like cops and you think you are more capable than US police.

Feel free to point out in your posts where you engaged the topic and offered solutions to help resolve some of the issues raised.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I gave you the best advice you could possibly get. "Learn to fight with your bare hands, grasshopper."

Then, even a pencil, or a police radio is a lethal weapon in your hand.

edit on 19-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I gave you the best advice you could possibly get. "Learn to fight with your bare hands, grasshopper."

Then, even a pencil, or a police radio is a lethal weapon in your hand.

and I have explained to you how it does not work that way.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

So, you disagree that a person completely comfortable in a full contact combat scenario will be more confident about not needing to use their firearm against a typical untrained schizo?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Ok I'm now wondering why the mother didn't call a mental health ward for her son the first time he went off his med's and started showing signs of being violent. It wasn't the first call and not the first time, and she knew he wasn't taking his med's.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Still waiting for an answer, x.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

She's a stressed out mother, not a calm and collected mental health professional. She was probably torn between getting the authorities involved and her son being locked up, and her motherly instincts to deal with it herself. She'll be beating herself up even more now, so nobody else needs to kick her while she's down.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Do you volunteer to be the cop who takes the first screwdriver jab while your partner gets out his tazer?
And if the tazer misses. What then?
Wrestle with the nut until your partner reloads?

I believe my original post sufficiently addresses the questions that you ask. I suggest that you read it again.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So, you disagree that a person completely comfortable in a full contact combat scenario will be more confident about not needing to use their firearm against a typical untrained schizo?

Law Enforcement goes through defensive training techniques (CLAMP / GAGE / PPCT) in addition to "verbal judo" as well as other defensive / offensive hands on . The suggestion you made demonstrates your complete lack of understanding on how Law Enforcement works. In this case the guy was armed with a screwdriver. That is not a hands on situation when the guy is 3 feet from you holding a screwdriver who refuses to drop the item and then advances towards an officer.

This is real life and not the movies. We aren't going to be duking it out with suspects. They either comply or they don't. The choice is theirs.

In other instances just because a person has nothing in their hand does not mean they aren't armed. All it takes is one opening while "slugging it out" for an item to be introduced to the situation and the officer killed.

Its simple.. comply with verbal commands.

Even in your country if a person is suspected of being armed your non armed police call for an armed response. Why aren't your police trained in the manner you are describing to disarm armed individuals who refuse lawful commands?
edit on 19-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: ObjectZero

She's a stressed out mother, not a calm and collected mental health professional. She was probably torn between getting the authorities involved and her son being locked up, and her motherly instincts to deal with it herself. She'll be beating herself up even more now, so nobody else needs to kick her while she's down.

She wasn't torn considering she called 911 a lot over the years because of her son and how out of control he can become. Beating herself up? Considering their lawyer is filing a civil suit for an undisclosed amount of money it certainly makes one wonder.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join