It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathetic excuses for human beings !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Society has many cracks, a lot of people have splintered into little belief groups where they mostly just listen to themselves and accept things as they are told within their group. I shudder to think the things they think if they get kicks from watching some poor, suicidal guy jumping to his death.

Of course, a point could also be made that they are in fact so bored & broke (what with a government who sold them down the river years ago) with their lives that they have fallen to such depths that this incident is the only thing to make them feel anything anymore.

Very, f*cking sad either way

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

Yup, that about sums it up for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Is this what you're referring to?

Link

Police have identified the first member of a sick mob which taunted a suicidal man before he jumped to his death as more than 5,000 sign a petition demanding action.

On Saturday afternoon the man - who has not been identified - committed suicide when jumping from a multi-storey car park at the Southwater shopping centre in Telford, Shropshire.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The lack of compassion in our world truly is sickening. I personally feel that there needs to be some kind of system to make up for those inept parents who do not teach their children right from wrong. Religion is one method, but there is usually too much baggage associated with any religion, therefore the main concern of religion is not to make a person a better person. The system I envision could be for young children, but if the values they get at home are bad values, no amount of intervention is going to make them good people. The early years of a child's life are extremely important, as this is when their world-view starts to be developed. Children look up to their parents as God-like figures, thus a child will think that their parent's actions are the way things are done, whether those actions are right or wrong. When a person is still a baby they have not developed what I would refer to as the "ego," as they have no sense of self. When they are hungry, the entire world is hungry. When they are sleepy, the entire world is sleepy. Later on the children start to realize that when they are hungry, mommy might not immediately feed them. Through experiences like this they begin to understand the "self" as being independent of the rest of the world.

What does this have to do with the current discussion? I just wanted to emphasize that when parents do not create a disciplined and morally correct environment from early on, then the child will grow up with a skewed sense of things. Now I am not certain that such evil as described by the OP could actually be traced back to the manner in which a person was raised, but I think it definitely plays some role. Others might say that some people are just evil, but I find it difficult to believe, because I think that a person's beliefs are shaped by their experiences. Even though someone's moral values and their entire way of thinking is controlled by chemicals, neurons, etc., the configuration of these things is altered by experience to some degree. So while we are all slaves to our brains, to a large degree our brains only become the way they are because of our experiences; and it is during childhood that the most shaping is done, and the brain set on a developmental course, moreso than at any other period in a person's life. That is a really generalized way of looking at the situation of course, but I think I got my idea across.

But just like a criminal who commits heinous crimes might be a slave to his brain, and therefore does not have absolute control over their actions, a person still must be held accountable for their actions. So no matter the reason why evil people are the way they are, we cannot let them slide simply because their actions and statements might be based on a mental state that is beyond their control. Some might even advocate forced mental health exams and treatment, in an effort to eradicate such vileness. Because it is extremely vile and evil to goad someone into killing themselves. This is not normal, and is just plain wrong. "Normal" would be having compassion for your fellow man, like most people do, although to various degrees. I wish I knew exactly what caused these varying degrees of "normal." And "normal" might be a social or cultural construct to a certain degree. The bottom line is that such behavior is not acceptable. These people should be charged with a crime in my opinion, because their statements may have affected the man's decision to jump. Therefore they have just aided in the commission of a crime. And the commission of a crime happens regardless of whether it was moral or immoral, right or wrong. It is illegal, as per the letter of the law. If people cannot, on their own, treat their fellow human beings with dignity and respect, then they should be forced into adopting such actions, plain and simple. Some would say this isn't "right," but it sure seems a lot more "right" than allowing people to be immoral.
edit on 3/17/15 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I didn't grow up in this kind of world where people lack compassion on this level. I'm going to be 57 in April and have seen so many changes throughout the years. Sometimes I hardly recognize this world anymore. So often you see a lack of common sense, a lack of compassion and respect and love. Sigh...

It's like everything is upside down and inside out and makes no sense at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Good God!! That should be illegal!! Incitement to violence or something... Disgusting behavior. People used to go to executions for entertainment, too. Can't think why its somehow great fun to watch someone die.

I'm 100% with you on this rant, gortex. Wish there were more people in the world like you!!!

- AB

Inciting violence is illegal and so is suicide... so maybe goading somebody to jump is illegal. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some arrests over that.

From your lips to the lawmakers ears, Cuervo. I wholeheartedly agree!!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: oldworldbeliever

Yes. Been there,done that , got the scars and the T-Shirt to prove it. Know where you are coming from.

To all reading this thread , this doesn't come from a lack of distinction between good and evil/right and wrong.They know . This is a good example of the complete loss of morality and principles in the world.

edit on 17-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Ummm, perhaps we should deal with the REAL causes of these problems, I.E. WHO RUNS THIS WORLD.

edit on 18-3-2015 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This is what happens when many people without realizing it are questioning the norms of being in the world.

The world is no worse than it was, it was full of ignorant dangerous people the whole time, the thing I LIKE about it now is it has come to a turning point.

Needing to find out what is going on here, is at the heart of the issue, EXISTING is not enough, COMPASSION is not enough.

Just because people appear to be acting differently now to you, is perhaps you do not realize what is happening.

You have to get sick before you get better they say here, and I think it is actually getting BETTER.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I won't lie, I watch a lot of these videos online. I've seen some horrendous stuff and my shock levels have risen to a point where it takes a hell of a lot to shock me. I thought I just had a morbid fascination then I realised I was watching the same things doctors learned from... but obviously not for the same reason. My fascination continues.

Then one day I'm walking through the local park and witness a horrific crash between a car and a motorbike, rider had no helmet on. The driver bailed and I was left with a mangled body at my feet. Everybody around came to see then backed off immediately. I was the only one there who was not shocked by natural body insides and the prospect of a corpse.

I imagine this is what surgeons sort of experience the first few ops/in training.

I covered the guy up with my coat, called an ambulance and the police and hung around until someone with a similar disposition turned up.

I guess this doesn't relate to the OP and in some ways it does. People willing the guy to jump - well that's yet another example of how humans are no longer humane and crave depravity to a certain level. The people filming... hhmmm, we film everything now so it's an evil inevitability which serves to entertain the public and sadden his close family... forever, they don't want to see that stuff.

So I'm saying I watch these videos, I think they help us to be strong in the face of danger but they don't help those who are closely involved.
edit on 18-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
May or may not do any good, but you really should send your rant in to the local newspaper.
Your right.
And they need to be called out for it.

And hopefully you will find that there are many more people that support the way you feel.
Maybe enough public outcry will get the police to do something.

Heartless bas*****!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

May or may not do any good, but you really should send your rant in to the local newspaper.

My heart has been slightly warmed by the fact that many others here feel as I do and have already made that feeling known , a petition has been started calling on the police to take action against any individuals involved in encouraging the man to jump.
It's being reported that so far over 8000 people have signed since Monday.

The petition states: “We, the undersigned, request that West Mercia Police take immediate action to find, arrest and charge the people who encouraged a man to jump to his death from a multi-storey building in Telford on March 14.

“The family deserve this justice and the people of Telford want these people to be held accountable for their vile behaviour and complete lack of compassion.

“Our thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends of the man concerned at this sad time.”
www.shropshirestar.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Disgusting behaviour by those feral humans..
You are right to be pissed off with them gortex.

What is shocking is that so many seem to have no empathy these days.
Why is it that these people didn't stop to think-what if than man was their father,friend or son?

He was a brother in need of help-and if a crowd had gathered and begged him not to jump he may still be alive today.

Those people were responsible for his death IMO,and should be prosecuted somehow.
I mean you can get arrested for inciting violence and even insulting people on twitter..
They should all be named and shamed on billboards around the town,and be put in all the papers.
Maybe when no one will talk to them or give them a job they would find out what it feels like to be in total misery like the poor man they indirectly helped to kill.

Utter disgraces to our already fubar species.

edit on 18/3/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
At least in the UK there is the public order act. Insulting words, actions likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. Technically speaking, manslaughter is an act or an omission so basically someone dies as a result of something you did or didn't do. The CPS (prosecution service) would never do the second one.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: High5Ghost

They could be in breach of section 2 of the Suicide Act , encouraging or assisting a suicide carries a maximum penalty of 14 years imprisonment .... that would give them some time to consider their actions and send out a pretty strong message.

I know there is little to no chance of that length of sentence but it shows a custodial sentence could be a possibility.
www.cps.gov.uk...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: High5Ghost

They could be in breach of section 2 of the Suicide Act , encouraging or assisting a suicide carries a maximum penalty of 14 years imprisonment .... that would give them some time to consider their actions and send out a pretty strong message.

I know there is little to no chance of that length of sentence but it shows a custodial sentence could be a possibility.
www.cps.gov.uk...

Ahh yes forgot about that although as we said, very unlikely. Pure scum whoever does this kind of thing. Different story though when encouraging or assisting someone who's going to die anyway by terminal illness.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I literally laughed out loud when I read people were inciting him to jump. That has to be the most disturbing & ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

& I thought rubber necking was bad...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That is great, and I sincerely hope the police do what the people are requesting.

It's too late, I know, but I have to wonder....

If that whole crowd just started chanting " we love you, please don't"
What a better world it could be.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
we had that last year in UK birmingham.
they chanted Jump!
he did...

life is cheap! and has no value.
hart less and soul less.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The future looks bleak for humanity. How many times have we heard of young teens beating up the homeless, stomping and kicking their head like they're a piece of trash. I just learned a few weeks ago, a student in our high school urinated on and stomped on the head of a local homeless vet. This kid is full of anger, and every teacher in the school knows he's a ticking time bomb, even our school security. What's amazing, is he's back in school.

I witness teenagers being rude and inconsiderate everyday. If a fight breaks out, everyone stands around like it's a big show. Students literally create a circle around the two fighters and start cheering the students on. I've been teaching for over 20 years and I have to tell you, it really disturbs me how rude and disrespectful young people are today.

I don't know if the people who were cheering this man to jump were teenagers, but I can assure you, compassion, consideration and respect for your fellow man is on a steady decline.
Kids are scary these days. They've spent most their young life watching movies that implant fantasy and they think that's how the world works. And the cool music like rap, designed to get your adrenaline pulsing throughout your body. They're all wearing flat-bill hats and gold chains around their necks. Every one of them thinks they can fight until they step to someone that knows what they're doing then they get destroyed, but it all could have been avoided if parents shut off the tv and radio. My nephew is like that, and I'd bet twenty he learned it from the music he listens to, which is dribble by the way, at least Pac was talented, and he wants to join the CIA probably from too much COD. It's crazy. It reminds me of people I graduated with that were fans of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but only because the drug refrence not because of the point the author tried to make, and not a single one read the book..
edit on 19-3-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join