It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Netanyahu declares victory in tight race

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
JPost update page...

Race to the Knesset: Follow the latest Election Day updates

Wednesday

3:28 a.m. With 75 percent of precincts reporting before dawn on Wednesday, the Likud holds a seven-seat edge over Zionist Union.

According to official vote-counters, Likud wins 31 seats while Zionist Union comes in second at 24 seats.

The parties that follow are Yesh Atid (11); Joint Arab List (11); Kulanu (9); Bayit Yehudi (8); Shas (8); Yisrael Beytenu (7); United Torah Judaism (6); and Meretz (5).

Eli Yishai's far-right outfit Yahad has so far failed to attract the sufficient number of votes to gain entry into the Knesset.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I get the immediate impression that he will be removed soon, probably within 6 months. Look for a head-wound, injuries on the hands/neck. It won't be long.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin
I get the immediate impression that he will be removed soon, probably within 6 months. Look for a head-wound, injuries on the hands/neck. It won't be long.

Rather specific prediction.
Are you psychic, or are you just engaging in wishful thinking?
edit on 17-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

i was wondering the same thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Sigh. Let me enlighten you. Look up the definition of rhetoric.

Now factor in "Speak softly, but carry a big stick."

Israel has had the capability to wipe most of their enemies of the map. PERIOD. They haven't.The Israelis want a solution.
My perception-and many others-is factions do not want a negotiated solutions. (Perhaps both sides.) More so on the Palestinian, or worse,Iranian side.

Negotiations will occur. You can bank on it. Netanyahu has a mandate. The other side was waiting to see how this election went. He may have to get nasty, but negotiations will result.

Remember Saddam's line when he was pulled out of his rat-hole? "I want to negotiate."

It's down to negotiate in good faith or else.......

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

One HUGE factor no one has spotted is the F-35 contract.

If Netanyahu acts "too far", he risks losing the upgrade from legacy F-16s, F-15s to the F-35-which Israel will enhance with their own E.W. capabilities- a long term issue not to be ignored....

Nothing big will happen any time soon.......(At least before the 2016 Presidential Election in the U.S.)

edit on 17-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: after thought..

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

One HUGE factor no one has spotted is the F-35 contract.

If Netanyahu acts "too far", he risks losing the upgrade from legacy F-16s, F-15s to the F-35-which Israel will enhance with their own E.W. capabilities- a long term issue not to be ignored....

Nothing big will happen any time soon.......(At least before the 2016 Presidential Election in the U.S.)

Has Israel figured out how much the F-35's cost? We here in Canada just couldn't seem to figure it out. The deal got dropped.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: here4this
Does this mean all the money donated by the USA to the opposition failed ? That the majority of people in Israel stand behind him ?

Looks like the Obama efforts failed yet again.

That's assuming Obama wanted Net to lose.

A recount? We do in the USA . We have recounts until the results change. Just sayin....
not the way it works really. recount or not. what happens is irrespective on a close vote the side that won has to establish a majority block in order to govern. in 2009 Netanyahu did not actually win. the winner's coalition collapsed and As leader of the largest block He got to form the government that then gave him the PM job. that would have happened again had he lost this time.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Wikipedia

"Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement."
I was making a little fun of our (USA) election process and in no way meant to refer directly to Israel .

And I am fairly knowledgeable on how politics works thee

edit on 17-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
what's really amazing is the Obama hatchet team that went over there did not know this. that's astonishing.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Avicenne
This unfortunately means the majority of Israelis do not want Palestine to exist.

Sad day for peace.

I think Arab Palestine are now called Jordanians...

Why don't they just go to one of the many expansive Arab nations around them?

Why fight lose and suffer for small a piece of land?

The Palestinian s can't win, why not just leave?

That is the big question. You know that Egypt had control of that area for decades before Israel and all they did was sanction it off, not allowing anyone to enter Egypt from there. When Britain and France split up the region into the countries we have their today, Israel was to be the Jewish Palestine land and Jordan was the Arab Palestine land. Except for religious reason, one could say the Jews got screwed in that deal...hehe

Do people realize just how big Iran really is? They could, but all the Arab counties find it rather convenient to have that group continually go against the Jews, so instead of helping them to actually be successful they support their conflict with Israel.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Sigh. Let me enlighten you. Look up the definition of rhetoric.

Now factor in "Speak softly, but carry a big stick."

Israel has had the capability to wipe most of their enemies of the map. PERIOD. They haven't.The Israelis want a solution.
My perception-and many others-is factions do not want a negotiated solutions. (Perhaps both sides.) More so on the Palestinian, or worse,Iranian side.

Negotiations will occur. You can bank on it. Netanyahu has a mandate. The other side was waiting to see how this election went. He may have to get nasty, but negotiations will result.

Remember Saddam's line when he was pulled out of his rat-hole? "I want to negotiate."

It's down to negotiate in good faith or else.......

Speak softly and carry a big stick? Are you trying to tell me Netanyahoo speaks softly while carrying a big stick? Seriously? He is in fact doing quite the opposite. Do you not understand this man you support? Maybe you too need enlightenment?

Israel has the capability to wipe out all of their enemies, not some. The irony is though, if they ever use their nukes anywhere in the Middle East they will be directly affected by their actions, unlike, say, the US nuking Japan.

There's definitely Israeli's who want a solution but many of them have different ideas as to what that solution is, but not Netanyahooo, his solution is to wipe out his enemies. He is a warhawk. He supports war at every opportunity.

Negotiations will occur? You are aware he just said the other day that there will be no Palestinian state under his watch, right? The only negotiations he'll participate in will be forced and he will not actually negotiate. That's been his MO for years. What negotiations has he successfully completed during his reign?

en.wikipedia.org...

Netanyahu opposed the Oslo accords from their inception. During his term as prime minister in the late 1990s, Netanyahu consistently reneged on commitments made by previous Israeli governments as part of the Oslo peace process, leading American peace envoy Dennis Ross to note that "neither President Clinton nor Secretary [of State Madeleine] Albright believed that Bibi had any real interest in pursuing peace."[132]

He hasn't changed over the years.

Ah yes, Saddam. Remember when Netanyahoo said this about Saddam?

Netanyahu was wrong about Iraq having nuclear weapons

Netanyahooo accusing his Middle Eastern enemies of building nukes? That sounds familar.... Too bad even his intel agencies and his allies intel agencies disagree with him. But why should he pay attention to the facts? He's a warmongering politician, they don't need no stinkin' facts! These are the worst kind of people.

There will be no negotiations.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Palestian territory

Is there such a thing? Didn't they win the 1967 war?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

What? Are you talking about jets? Why?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You sure? I haven't heard that. Sitting on the Ottawa limbo, last I heard. With the oil price situation and exchange rate, delaying it for a year or two might make sense....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I've pretty well got your views on this.

We shall have to agree to disagree. Your fears won't be realized, at least for a while.

The prima facie evidence is Netanyahu has been their leader and hasn't done the very things you preach he will.

So, for the time being, I will go with my views on this.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Leverage, my man, leverage. That is a major piece the U.S. can play, at least, as long as Obama is President.

Israel needs those F-35s for long term survival.....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Palestian territory

The vast majority of original Palestinians were people the Hashimite kingdom of Jordan and also Syria had boxed up in refugee camps at their borders because they were extreme trouble makers. when the mandate was about to happen there were few Arabs living in the area created by the mandate. Jordan and Syria basically pushed their Palestinians into the area to counter the mandate. In short the majority of Palestinians were never native to the contested (mandate) area in the first place.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Technically speaking there is no "Palestinian land" . That portion of Israel was ceded to them .
At last people that actually know the history of the region are starting to comment here

I learned all this in school way back in the day. What in the world are students being taught today and is being passed off as history ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

Palestian territory

The vast majority of original Palestinians were people the Hashimite kingdom of Jordan and also Syria had boxed up in refugee camps at their borders because they were extreme trouble makers. when the mandate was about to happen there were few Arabs living in the area created by the mandate. Jordan and Syria basically pushed their Palestinians into the area to counter the mandate. In short the majority of Palestinians were never native to the contested (mandate) area in the first place.

That is what I thought as well.

Every Arab nation treats the Palestinians like that.

To this day Gaza is still walled off on the Egyptian side.

If the Palestinians aren't just out to cause trouble why do all the other Arab nations shun them?

Such a thing is unprecedented in my experiences.

There is always a nation of similar ethnicity that will take in refugees.

But not one will allow the Palestinians.
edit on 17-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join