It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Moves to Regulate How Long You Spend in the Shower

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

What do you think is going to happen to us when our water runs out?

Ummm ... desalination?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When I received my first water shortage letter,one of their suggestions was to take a 5 min. shower.That's impossible for me.It takes me that long just to wash my crotch...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It can be done, but I already hate the cost of my water bill.

www.mercurynews.com...
People complain about a carbon tax but are willing to pay that cost for water.

People are strange.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I... I always thought it was Stremmos. I'm freaking out man.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Don't worry, you are not the only one. I swear like damn near everyone sees it!
edit on thTue, 17 Mar 2015 23:09:57 -0500America/Chicago320155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Do you think it's a spelling thing? Sremmos feels awkward to say, but Stremmos seems fairly natural. That's bizarre. I have a tendency to fall for the the thing where the is repeated twice and I edit out the second one. I'm actually pretty weirded out.

I can't think of any words right now that start with Sre, most go Stre, hoping that's what happened. I've a bit of wine though, so perhaps there are tons of words that go sre. Too lazy too gargle it.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Don't be to weirded out, you are not the first and won't be the last!

You might be on to something with the stre. case it happens all the time

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Yep. It can be done ... and with more ease (and less cost) than people are willing to let on or to admit. The bottom line: "It's just water." simply doesn't justify any effort on the part of folks who want to Sell it.

People are strange.

Not the ones you can figure out. There's huge money in this. I happen to believe 'the growing shortage of water' is one of the greatest conspiracies of all time.
edit on 1732015 by Snarl because: Format

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh screw this nonsense! And I'm sure the geniuses that think this crap up will insist that they get CLEAN towels and no water limits. Grrrrrr.....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

So they are concerned with conservation... And?

Is it your water? Or is it being produced for human use by government regulated companies?

Water is a necessity for life, and while we have millions across the globe who are without this resource, you have the gall to complain that the government made a good decision for once and said get your entitled butt out of the bath a few minutes early so perhaps we can provide water and resources to others who have even less?

There are far better reasons to be pissed at the government if that is your focus. Water conservation is not it. You develop a low-cost efficient method to turn ocean water in drinking water and you can call the shots.
edit on bTuesday201541b by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Good thing this isn't limiting water or asking you to use dirty towels.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Yep. It can be done ... and with more ease (and less cost) than people are willing to let on or to admit. The bottom line: "It's just water." simply doesn't justify any effort on the part of folks who want to Sell it.

People are strange.

Not the ones you can figure out. There's huge money in this. I happen to believe 'the growing shortage of water' is one of the greatest conspiracies of all time.

You know it would be great if you were able to back your opinion/belief up with some evidence.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

People are strange.

You know it would be great if you were able to back your opinion/belief up with some evidence.

Well the Navy (afloat) seems to git'r'done every day ... I'd say that accounts for the production aspect of things.

As for cost, my water bill is less than a hundred dollars a month, and I go through as much as I want. Over here in Korea, they're not trying to get rich off of it (at least not yet). And I might add, I drink tap water when I'm thirsty ... and people think I'm crazy, while they sip from their designer water bottles.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

With as much as a damned hotel room costs, I think this should be the last concern on the bureaucrats lists to target. Another government waste program to track people? Who would have thought that was possible? /end sarcasm

The EPA doesn't do anything to protect people's safety. I tested water in Montana that had a funny flavor and was reading >500 parts per million right out of the tap. I asked the EPA to send someone to investigate, and they hung up on me! The EPA is a joke. Don't let the joke be "on you".

I recommend that today people take a minimum of 45 minute showers in their hotel rooms, and exchange those dirty towels out 3-4 times a day when they stay. There are some things that just need to be left alone....

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe it's just my tinfoil hat that's on a little tight but the buzz in desalination is graphene. One atom thick and 100 time more efficient than other membranes. The patent holder is what makes me think maybe Snarl might be onto something, Lockheed Martin.

Lockheed Martin Says This Desalination Technology Is An Industry Game-Changer

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The EPA must have blown an internal cylinder. They're also considering regulating emissions from backyard barbecues! As you can imagine, with Spring coming to the Northern Hemisphere, a rebellion to this EPA initiative is starting to brew...

Ref: www.foxnews.com...
-cwm
edit on 3/18/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Well the Navy (afloat) seems to git'r'done every day ... I'd say that accounts for the production aspect of things.

Production was never the issue I am sure trillion dollar Navy's can do it. They can also get jet fuel but I think they pay in some cases $26 a gallon.

Your claim is it could be done with less cost I hope you were referring to the figures I posted and not the Navys.

As for cost, my water bill is less than a hundred dollars a month, and I go through as much as I want. Over here in Korea, they're not trying to get rich off of it (at least not yet).

My water bill is less than $100 as well and I am not even in Korea. When I was stationed in Korea ( CheunChon to be precise) everything seemed cheap the exchange rate is like that.

You're giving me some bad examples.

What I was hoping for was some evidence.

And I might add, I drink tap water when I'm thirsty ... and people think I'm crazy, while they sip from their designer water bottles.

When I was there I don't think water bottles were even sold. I had canteens.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
In places with water is in short supply i can understand. Just get wet, shut of the water, lather up. Turn it back on, rinse off. I have done it camping many times with a small water heater and many people camping. You can j*ck off in the other room with a Kleenex. A shower is for cleaning, not a therapeutic massage or to relax, sing songs, read a book, or turn into wrinkle man.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

THAT... OMG... hello!! HYGIENE!

Yuck, I do NOT want to dry my face off, and smell some other person's behind still stained in the towels!

gak!

I suppose water conservation is a bad thing?

I'm not even going to mention door handles in rest rooms/public spaces...oh wait!

"We're the 'Land of the Free" damnit. How dare they touch my rights and care for the stupid environment?!!"

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Maybe it's just my tinfoil hat that's on a little tight but the buzz in desalination is graphene. One atom thick and 100 time more efficient than other membranes.

Yeah, the method you are talking about is called reverse osmosis the snippet and article I linked p above talks about it.

Still costly compared to conservation systems.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join