It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria air defense shoots down US drone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

A US drone has been shot down by Syria’s military over the coastal province of Latakia near a stronghold of President Bashar al-Assad, Syrian state media says. [..] State-run Syrian television has also broadcast footage of what it referred to as the drone’s wreckage, which was being loaded onto the back of a truck by soldiers.

Syria air defense shoots down US drone

Syrian air defenses brought down a hostile US surveillance aircraft over north Latakia," AFP quoted the official SANA news agency as saying on Tuesday.

If confirmed, the incident would be the first time Damascus has engaged a US aircraft over its airspace since the US-led military coalition began its so-called battle against the ISIL Takfiri terrorists in the Syrian territory in September 2014.

After the latest development on the Iran-Syria relations this could very easily trigger something serious.

In my opinion, Assad had enough of the interference of western powers in a sovereign and democratic state and now haves the full support of Iran.

The Takfiri terrorist groups, with members from several Western countries, control swathes of land in Syria and Iraq, and have been carrying out horrific acts of violence such as public decapitations and crucifixions against all communities such as Shias, Sunnis, Kurds, and Christians.

edit on 17/3/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I can see the drones on ats now, "those damn Syrians shooting down US drones in their own airspace, just who do they think they are."

If the US doesn't wanna lose drones they shouldn't fly them into another country's airspace without authorization. They want to stop ISIS? Then cooperate with the other forces fighting them.
edit on 17-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

The flagrant violations of international law, has been the rule, not the exception by the "freedom fighters".

Now, about the conflict, has I've stated before here: US is going to provide $70 million “non-lethal” aid to groups fighting the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, that are fighting Iraq forces also. But, on the other hand, the commander of the Iraqi volunteer forces (Hadi al-Ameri), praised Iran’s supports for the Iraqi security forces in anti-terror operations against the same forces that are fighting the Syrian government.

So, at end of the day, will have US against Iran, (like "crocodile" bibi always wanted).

According to the State Department, the new aid would bring total US support to the anti-government groups to about $400 million.

US to provide $70 million to militants in Syria: State Department

Ameri, who also heads the Badr Organization political party, lashed out at the US for failing to fulfill its earlier promises to provide Baghdad with military assistance in the fight against Takfiri terrorists.

He stressed that receiving weaponry and military assistance from the US should not take place at the expense of sacrificing Iraq’s sovereignty, censuring those who "kiss the hands of the Americans and get nothing in return."

Iran anti-terror assistance to Iraq unconditiona’: Iraqi commander

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

They want to stop ISIS? Then cooperate with the other forces fighting them.

That's exactly what they're doing.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly

originally posted by: sosobad

They want to stop ISIS? Then cooperate with the other forces fighting them.

That's exactly what they're doing.

They are cooperating with Al Assad? As far as I know there is no communication between them,

US: No direct, indirect communication with Assad
www.aa.com.tr...

They are halfway around the world flying missions into another country's airspace without so much as a courtesy message to say what they are doing.

Would love to see the reaction if the roles where reversed.

Do as I say not as I do.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

They might not be directly cooperating with the Syrians, but they ARE cooperating with the Jordanians, the Iraqis, the Iranians, the UAE, and others.

And there has been communication with the Syrians one way or another. That communication was "We are coming. If you shoot at us you're going to regret it."

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
More likely the ones that want him out of power, since work of talk with him and Obama has come out. An attempt to sabotage talks. Probably Israel.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

That communication was "We are coming. If you shoot at us you're going to regret it."

That is right in your eyes? That is how a country who has no business in the middle east should conduct themselves? To tell any nation on earth that they can do what they want is sick and megalomanical. The Syrians have every right to shoot anything that enters their airspace without authorization, no matter if the offending country likes it or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'm not saying whether or not it's right, just that that's what happened.

The Syrians have every legal right to shoot anything down, but they have absolutely no incentive to. It will only backfire. Why would they try to fight a second war against the most powerful country on earth and its friends, when that country is trying to fix Syria's problem in the first place?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wonder if this is connected in any way to Netanyahu winning in Israel? Syria may be feeling that Obama lacks the political support to act in the region as well as the fact that it would not be favored by Iran for the US to come down on Assad right now.

Interesting times. I'm just glad it was a drone... in years past that very well could have been "Syria shoots down US spy place, claims to be holding captured crew men, demand arms shipment from DC immediately in exchange."

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm not saying whether or not it's right, just that that's what happened.

The Syrians have every legal right to shoot anything down, but they have absolutely no incentive to. It will only backfire. Why would they try to fight a second war against the most powerful country on earth and its friends, when that country is trying to fix Syria's problem in the first place?

I highly doubt the US is fixing anything for Syria, they have been trying to get into Syria to overthrow Assad for a couple of years now. ISIS is a convenient route for them, if the US is so worried about the civilians of other countries they would have gone into the Congo (5 million dead) Sudan (200,000 dead). I link this thread from burdman30ott6, it is well worth the read on the current policies of the US and the dark path it is leading them down. www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA I am just after seeing he posted before me ^

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why would they try to fight a second war against the most powerful country on earth and its friends, when that country is trying to fix Syria's problem in the first place?

Who said they want to fight a second war (they are already fighting it, the MSM doesn't report as such). They (US and friends) are trying to fix Syria problem? Don't be naive.. who called them out? It wasn't the leader of a sovereign nation backed by their people! The US has no authority or moral (at this point in history) to do what is been doing! Shameful country it has become.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The US isn't fixing anything for Syria? The US and many other countries are fighting the Syrian's civil war for them.

I'm pretty sure one of the last things that the US wants to do right now is take out Assad. It would create a power vacuum and provide a possibility for ISIS to grow within the country.

What does anything I said have to do with the civilians of other countries? The Congo and Sudan have no national interest to the US in the grand scheme of things and the UN has committed billions of dollars in resources and manpower to those two conflicts already, so why would the US intervene in any way?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure one of the last things that the US wants to do right now is take out Assad. It would create a power vacuum and provide a possibility for ISIS to grow within the country.

You'd be wrong.
www.dailysabah.com...

President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that it's impossible to stabilize Syria with Bashar Assad in power, as he hosted Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani in the Oval Office.

That's from late last month...

Obama wants Assad gone. (and why wouldn't Obama want this? Assad is one of the last secular leaders standing between the Muslim Brotherhood and near total control of the Middle East.)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The US isn't fixing anything for Syria? The US and many other countries are fighting the Syrian's civil war for them.

The US, Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are indeed fighting a war, not for them (the Syrian people) but against them, when they send money, weapons and "jihadists"/"moderate" rebels.

False. It's not because of the "power vacuum" it would create. It's because there's no revolution going on. It's only, western interference for turmoil effect, if the outside support end's the revolution propaganda will collapse.
No leader can stand 4 years in power against is people and all the outside military interference/backup. Pure and simple.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Its just a drone. not worth a sortie or a cruise missile in retaliation.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If it was up to me I would let them destroy each other, why should we sacrifice our troops saving those countries when the very same people we'll be saving hate our guts?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The US threatened to remove them as part of the seven-countries-in-five-years plan, and openly demanded their leader be removed from power. So they know the US is there to hurt them, not help.

If you dont stand up to a bully they'll harrass you for life.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

We communicate with Syria via those nations. Just as in Iraq, we don't directly speak with Iran on coordination. We go through the Iraqi government for that.

Secondly the Syrian government has stated publicly they welcome Us airstrikes of ISI within their territory so long as we communicate, and that is whats occurring.

As for the drone who knows.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
The US threatened to remove them as part of the seven-countries-in-five-years plan, and openly demanded their leader be removed from power. So they know the US is there to hurt them, not help.

If you dont stand up to a bully they'll harrass you for life.

the supposed Bush 7 nations in 6 year plan. Do you guys ever update your info or just change the names to make it look current?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join