It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Azealia Banks: I Hate White Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
She is purposely being this way publicly as part of her crafted and tailored image to rake in dollars.
Anyone else would be in court going to the poor house saying crap like she does. She is hiding behind "Art".

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ah, but enquiring minds want to know ... if she was an OU sorority sister, would they have to ban that sorority and kick all the girls out of their house?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If I'm remembering my U.S. History correctly, the term "Cracker" originated in Central Florida among Spanish Settlers who would use whips to help herd livestock.
edit on 17-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I retract my previous statements.

Brave and ethical for you to do so.
Although you expressed reasonable opinions over an apparent double-standard which probably does exist to a point, but as I said that's likely for no other reason than societal guilt - justifiable under the circumstances.

I think it's clear that her views are not going to simply be ignored, as that's not what she wants. She'll walk right up the doors of CNN and spray paint a racist slogan across it if it gets her the attention she so desperately craves.

I think really we should just be viewing her for what she is - an damaged little girl. Her race is really neither here nor there. If she was white, she would probably be preaching the same BS to get this attention.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
She has the right to hate who she wants,she can hate me all day,i'll still sleep at night.
And i would protect her right to say it.

But what's aggravating is always the media silence when it's a racist attack on whites or stirring up racial prejudice by branding all white people racist knowing full well that the injustice of it will cause racial tension which was not neccassarily there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Terrible way to sell records, never heard of her, and probably wont after this crap she pulled.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I wonder what she would do if it was pointed out to her that the very first indentured servant that was legally declared a slave (the very first slave on record), was made so by a black farm owner? So technically the first "cracker" was black I guess.....ironic huh?

History is really funny to cite when the person you are proving a point to has no knowledge of it.....it typically ends with name calling because there is no intelligent conversation that can be had with a person of her education/cultural level.

I think it would be a fun exercise to engage her in a debate sometime. Maybe an ATS Ask Me Anything?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

In light of recent revelations, I fully agree. Just damaged young girl with a superiority(inferiority?) complex looking stay relevant for as long as she can. I suppose if you're a B-list celeb, saying something controversial may rocket you to A-list temporarily, but that lasts only as long as the shock does.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Among peers, racism is a character flaw. Pride is also a character flaw in the same vein.

Racism by authoritarians is effective and systematic. Despite your hollow ranting, this is the truth. There is a very real difference. Failure to recognize it reeks of ignorance.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well she hadn't gained her rapper cred yet. I'm sure she'll be able to try again now that she's a rapper and then can co-star alongside Ice-T.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

If you had bothered to read on past my first few postings you would see my opinion on the subject has changed. Perhaps you could have saved yourself from typing such a painfully scathing attempt at admonition.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well she hadn't gained her rapper cred yet. I'm sure she'll be able to try again now that she's a rapper and then can co-star alongside Ice-T.

Maybe they can do a "Cop Killer" remix duet and she can get her start there.....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ah yes " Cracker " A great TV series.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for the info.

Let's look it up.

The Secret History Of The Word 'Cracker'

But it turns out cracker's roots go back even further than the 17th century. All the way back to the age of Shakespeare, at least.

"The meaning of the word has changed a lot over the last four centuries," said Dana Ste. Claire, a Florida historian and anthropologist who studies, er, crackers. (He literally wrote the book on them.)

Ste. Claire pointed me to King John, published sometime in the 1590s. One character refers to another as a craker — a common insult for an obnoxious bloviator.

What craker is this same that deafs our ears with this abundance of superfluous breath?

"It's a beautiful quote, but it was a character trait that was used to describe a group of Celtic immigrants — Scots-Irish people who came to the Americas who were running from political circumstances in the old world," Ste. Claire said. Those Scots-Irish folks started settling the Carolinas, and later moved deeper South and into Florida and Georgia.

But the disparaging term followed these immigrants, who were thought by local officials to be unruly and ill-mannered.

"In official documents, the governor of Florida said, 'We don't know what to do with these crackers — we tell them to settle this area and they don't; we tell them not to settle this area and they do," Ste. Claire said. "They lived off the land. They were rogues."

By the early 1800s, those immigrants to the South started to refer to themselves that way as a badge of honor and a term of endearment. (I'm pretty sure this process of reappropriating a disparaging term sounds familiar to a lot of y'all.)

The crackers had their distinctive time-intensive cuisine — swamp cabbage, hoppin' john, corn pone — and favored architectural styles meant to make cooking in the brutal Southern summers more bearable. There were baseball teams called the Crackers. According to Ste. Claire, we've even had a cracker president.

"Jimmy Carter is a cracker," Ste. Claire said. "He's an Oglethorpe, from Celtic-English cracker stock. I don't know if he knows, but I think Jimmy Carter would proudly call himself one. "

It was in the late 1800s when writers from the North started referring to the hayseed faction of Southern homesteaders as crackers. "[Those writers] decided that they were called that because of the cracking of the whip when they drove slaves," Ste. Claire said. But he said that few crackers would have owned slaves; they were generally too poor. (That of course, doesn't mean they weren't participants in the South's slave economy in other ways.)

Ste. Claire said that by the 1940s, the term began to take on yet another meaning in American inner cities in particular: as an epithet for bigoted white folks. But he wasn't sure how it happened. (I'm hazarding a guess here, but this would have been during the height of the Great Migration, as millions of black people from the South were moving to the North and West and fleeing Southern racism. They might have carried cracker with them as a shorthand for whites back in the Jim Crow South.)

For many Southern whites, though, cracker has remained uncomplicated, a source of cultural pride. "There are people who will claim that there's a diff between Georgia cracker and a Florida cracker, but that's really just a difference of football teams," Ste. Claire said.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Among peers, racism is a character flaw. Pride is also a character flaw in the same vein.

Racism by authoritarians is effective and systematic. Despite your hollow ranting, this is the truth. There is a very real difference. Failure to recognize it reeks of ignorance.

There is no excuse for racism at any level for any reason......trying to downplay it reeks of ignorance....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I love impromptu history lessons. Thanks, internet!

You learn new things everyday.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

The feeling is mutual. This thing should be sent to live in Mugabe's paradise and forbidden return to the US.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
a reply to: HunterHayden

Most of the hateful crap I see on the English-speaking internet is directed at those with dark skin by morons with light skin.

Yeah!

Don't people know, only white, republican Christians are racists!!

We just need to pay this poor repressed woman the reparations she deserves!

And then pray she will let us grovel in despair, begging forever for forgiveness for being..... white.

sarc/off

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You know. If you really want to go deep on this, Thomas Sowell wrote an essay about this particular cultural group - the Scots-English border people who settled in the deep south. Only he attributes the advent of redneck culture to them, and he goes further and links the roots of current urban black culture to them, too. He basically says that the roots of what most people try to pass off as unique African American culture really comes from this same group of Scots-English n'er-do wells that no one likes and never did anything productive no matter what color their skin. The freed slaves adopted the cultural practices of the poor whites and mixed in their own remembered influences.

It's an interesting theory, and the same traits are there.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov

You are the one coming over as frustrated. I'm just telling you that you are taking this way too seriously, and you're getting all bent out of shape and telling me to post elsewhere. Sorry, but that's not how I roll. I post where I want, not where other posters suggest I should..

99% of your posts in this thread are deleted. I guess you have to thick of a skull to get it, don't you?
edit on 17-3-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join