It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Azealia Banks: I Hate White Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Very, VERY well said, Rocker. Kudos.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
a reply to: ketsuko

QUOTE REMOVED BY STAFF

It's a term used for rural Southern whites, especially those of Florida or Georgia, like you would use redneck in our neck of the woods.

Perhaps you were thinking redneck? Or maybe hillbilly?

Or is cracker a more racial term used by black folks to refer to use whites?
edit on 17-3-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I wasn't aware crackerism was geographically limited. Cracker is as cracker does, ie. disrespect blacks simply for being black.

It's a term used for rural Southern whites, especially those of Florida or Georgia, like you would use redneck in our neck of the woods.

Perhaps you were thinking redneck? Or maybe hillbilly?

Or is cracker a more racial term used by black folks to refer to use whites?

And here I am being from Atlanta, thinking I am "above" the term.....and I don't even get a farm, pearls or diamonds.....I was robbed!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In this case isn't the origin of the word irrelevant?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well the ones from Florida and Georgia can "own" the term and take pride in it. Most other rural Southerners view it as a pejorative. There's also a "cracker" lifestyle that has to do with making a living out of the swamps too I think. Since I only have redneck relatives being from the Midwest/plains states myself ... I'm just working off what I remember reading and seeing.

I'm just trying to clear up why I was challenged about not knowing what a cracker was and then being confused about what the person who challenges me seems to think it is.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm going to be honest and say that I did not know the history of that word. I just assumed it was a term cooked up by racist black people to counter the n-word.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Telos

Nope. My suggestion is not to get so uptight about what some dumb girl is saying on the internet, whatever her tiny claim to current fame is.

ahh "just a dumb girl nobody knows", even tho shes in the public eye ,unless its a white person, then it could just be a local sheriff no one knows about and the black community including the president will scream about how bad racism is against black people.....

Nice double standard

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The term cracker came about from the slave days , the man who was behind the whip when doling out the punishment to the slaves was called the "cracker"

I find it comical when people are called crackers, basically calling you the person whose going to be whipping him......

Kind of stupid if you ask me

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Cracker stems from "whip cracker" as far as I'm aware, and the ones doing the cracking were whites in the main.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
When im looking for something to get upset over, i dont bother with these kind of stories, I go for the real issues, such as the Transatlantic trade and investment partnership, which, if passed by the EU, would allow corporations to sue government's if they pass laws that cause a decline in their profit margins.

That's right, the world has real issues we should all be bothered about.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No, it's more like saying "Your whip cracking days are over, whitey!"

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I haven't a clue who this fool is.

However. If she is so anti-white, then may i suggest that she changes her surname from a white anglo one to something more in keeping with her beliefs. A surname that originated in Africa maybe ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You know, I take some of my previous statements back, and stand fully corrected. A cursory google search of the term "Azealia Banks" returns a weath of results. However, top among them is a CNN article titled "Azealia Banks: I Hate Everything About This Country." Perhaps The United States is beginning to recognize other forms of racism and levy social debts against those transgressors.

I retract my previous statements.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No, it's more like saying "Your whip cracking days are over, whitey!"

Figuratively speaking, yes, literally speaking, no. Cracker literally is the person cracking the whip so interpreting being called a cracker literally would be her calling whites the whip crackers, but figuratively speaking she is using it as slang for whatever the black community has translated it into over time.

My guess is she has no clue where the term even came from. I would imagine her intellect and cultural awareness are likely a product of whatever year she dropped out of high school combined with her upbringing....so there is not a lot of either there.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just went outside and looked around and all I saw were people in various shades of brown. Not one white nor black person to be found.

Last time I was at the Waffle House, crackers came with Bert's Chili. What's happened in the past year that I missed? To be honest, though, Bert's Chili lacks... most everything chili requires. It is more like beans with some onion, garlic and crap; hardly worthy of being called "chili". Doing the smothered, covered, chunked and peppered things, only add to the monotony.

Maybe I should've stopped at the Atlanta suburb shop which proudly advertised on the sign outside: "Wheels, Radiators and Wings"?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Vasa Croe

No she's a rapper. So Law & Order or some other cop show.

Ha....shockingly......

At the age of sixteen, Banks starred in a production of the comedy-noir musical City of Angels, where she was found by an agent and sent on auditions for TBS, Nickelodeon, and Law & Order, all without success.

Source

So it appears she already tried the Law and Order route and failed.....LOL!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm going to be honest and say that I did not know the history of that word. I just assumed it was a term cooked up by racist black people to counter the n-word.

It's popularly believed to be a reference to whip-crackers, but part of the problem with that is that the particular type of whip called a cracker was used on animals not slaves. There is also the idea about "cracking" being a term having to do with loud, bragging talk. Another theory is the diet of cracked corn poor whites would eat.

It is used pretty much the way you suggest though.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You are the one coming over as frustrated. I'm just telling you that you are taking this way too seriously, and you're getting all bent out of shape and telling me to post elsewhere. Sorry, but that's not how I roll. I post where I want, not where other posters suggest I should..

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm just glad she didn't say this privately on a bus with a fraternity.

THEN she would have been in trouble!

I wonder how many white folks are on her staff, or does she discriminate in her hiring?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join