It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of snow geese die-in air! Another BS excuse laid out.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Fell out of the sky all at once...uhuh... from a virus ...uhuh....and some peeps just eat it up and even defend the stance when clearly the only available answers are just speculation......

Should be interesting to see the follow up story after they have examined the deceased birds

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
According to wiki:

Chronic infection has been demonstrated in Snow Geese, and these individuals are believed to be long term migrating reservoirs for the disease. Once the bacteria gets introduced into a population of susceptible birds, an outbreak of acute avian cholera follows. Infected birds will die 6–12 hours after contracting the bacterium, and very few ill birds have been described.[8] Due to association and dense aggregations, waterfowl are most commonly affected by P. multocida, however scavengers and other water birds are often affected in large multi-species outbreaks.[9]

Source

So it is common enough in snow geese to be mentioned in wiki, and apparently kills within 6-12 hours. If they were all flying and had the disease during migration, then I could see how a couple thousand would drop out of the sky.

That's a 6 hour difference. I get where you're coming from but all 2000 birds would not have dealt and died from the disease at the same time. Some may live longer. Others shorter.

I could be way off, but if say, one of the birds flew for an extra 3 hours and died - would it be counted in the 2000? Is there more than 2000? (of course, im presuming 2000 to be the estimate) But still, if this disease kills within a 6 hour span of time that's a lot of space to be covered. And for all to drop dead within such close proximity does still seem strange to me.

This is simply where they found 2000 of them. The flocks are huge. Chances are there are some further down the road as well....likely there will be a lot more found.

In the short term, 2000 of these birds in a flock that died is not a large amount at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The Bebe event was what finally motivated me to join ATS because this site was the only place I could find that was discussing alternative reasons for the mass die-off of the birds there.

It will be interesting to get the full story. I read about this a little while ago on Yahoo, and I figured that someone was discussing it here.

Since this is believed to be avian cholera, and the source of the infection has not been identified, we should continue to see these snow geese dropping out of the sky until they find that bacterial reservoir. If this die-off just stops on its on, can we assume that there is more to this than avian cholera?

dex

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

A disease that can kill so many individual birds at the same time in mid flight?

That is very hard to believe.

All symptons and incubation periods all converging at the same time to cause death for all at the same time is pure BS

So, like was said earlier, if they are all migrating together, all stop at the same place to rest and drink then take flight again, all having picked up the same disease at the same time from the last stop, and this thing having a fairly definitive incubation time and well known in snow geese, then you think it's odd they all died at almost the same time?

Not sure I follow your logic. There are known incubation periods for this disease and specifically in this goose because this exact thing has occurred before more than once. It's not methane....if that were the case then all 2000 of them dying midflight would be VERY odd....a bird can fly through a methane pocket without dying pretty easily....all 2000 of them would have to have a pretty lengthy exposure in order to kill them all at once.

In this case, avian cholera seems like a very reasonable cause and has happened previously so rather than conjecture on something it is a known cause for this activity.

Metabolism and such things like that are different slightly enough, and a birds individual ability to fight off infections, the health of the birds compared to each other, their individual immune systems status and effectiveness, etc. All play a part in these birds lives, and I just see that these birds can't just all drop dead at the same time.

I have a good idea to find out if this is true or not, and I will go ask a veterinarian and see what they say.

I'll report back soon what I find out.

Unless your vet has specifically studied migratory birds and bird illnesses it will likely only lead you back to your earlier thoughts.

The link I posted earlier talks specifically about cholera and it relates to these specific geese. Even the original article references it. There are even other cases of this. Not really sure there is any more I can do to "show" anyone at this point.

I am back from running errands and did speak to the veterinarian, and this particular vet is the best in my city with about 25,000 clients. He is absolutely regarded as one of the best avian veterinarians in the state.

So, I asked him if he heard of this incident about hundreds of birds all dying at the same time from a disease/virus to which he said he hadn't heard about it yet, but he laughed and was amazed that this was being touted as the cause of death for these birds, because like I thought myself earlier, all animals and humans alike are different in many ways and our bodies all react differently to things, illness and toxic substances.

He mentioned that viruses and infections all have incubation periods and these incubation periods are always stated as being "From x days to x days" In other words, a flu for example is from 24 hours to 4 days with the average being 2 days, and everyone or every creature that gets sick will have a unique timeline of how their body responds and fights the illness.

He said the odds of winning the mega millions lottery is much better than the odds of all those birds dropping from the sky at the same time because of some illness or disease or virus.

If 100 people go to a dance and are exposed to the flu all at the same exact time and they are all susceptible to that strain and all get sick, some will get symptoms much sooner than others, some won't get any noticeable symptoms, some might die, and some won't, but whatever happens, will all happen at totally different times depending on each person's immune system, how long the incubation period is in each person since every person will have a unique time frame for that to progress.

The same holds true for animals and birds and everything that crawls and squeaks and chirps.

edit on 17-3-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I go through Nebraska and Idaho and see flocks of geese and ducks in the thousands and more. They completely cover the lakes they land on and hundreds more are flying overhead.

This is a picture I took in Iowa the other day:

edit on 3/17/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

A disease that can kill so many individual birds at the same time in mid flight?

All symptons and incubation periods all converging at the same time to cause death for all at the same time is pure BS

So, like was said earlier, if they are all migrating together, all stop at the same place to rest and drink then take flight again, all having picked up the same disease at the same time from the last stop, and this thing having a fairly definitive incubation time and well known in snow geese, then you think it's odd they all died at almost the same time?

Not sure I follow your logic. There are known incubation periods for this disease and specifically in this goose because this exact thing has occurred before more than once. It's not methane....if that were the case then all 2000 of them dying midflight would be VERY odd....a bird can fly through a methane pocket without dying pretty easily....all 2000 of them would have to have a pretty lengthy exposure in order to kill them all at once.

In this case, avian cholera seems like a very reasonable cause and has happened previously so rather than conjecture on something it is a known cause for this activity.

Metabolism and such things like that are different slightly enough, and a birds individual ability to fight off infections, the health of the birds compared to each other, their individual immune systems status and effectiveness, etc. All play a part in these birds lives, and I just see that these birds can't just all drop dead at the same time.

I have a good idea to find out if this is true or not, and I will go ask a veterinarian and see what they say.

Unless your vet has specifically studied migratory birds and bird illnesses it will likely only lead you back to your earlier thoughts.

The link I posted earlier talks specifically about cholera and it relates to these specific geese. Even the original article references it. There are even other cases of this. Not really sure there is any more I can do to "show" anyone at this point.

I am back from running errands and did speak to the veterinarian, and this particular vet is the best in my city with about 25,000 clients. He is absolutely regarded as one of the best avian veterinarians in the state.

So, I asked him if he heard of this incident about hundreds of birds all dying at the same time from a disease/virus to which he said he hadn't heard about it yet, but he laughed and was amazed that this was being touted as the cause of death for these birds, because like I thought myself earlier, all animals and humans alike are different in many ways and our bodies all react differently to things, illness and toxic substances.

He mentioned that viruses and infections all have incubation periods and these incubation periods are always stated as being "From x days to x days" In other words, a flu for example is from 24 hours to 4 days with the average being 2 days, and everyone or every creature that gets sick will have a unique timeline of how their body responds and fights the illness.

He said the odds of winning the mega millions lottery is much better than the odds of all those birds dropping from the sky at the same time because of some illness or disease or virus.

If 100 people go to a dance and are exposed to the flu all at the same exact time and they are all susceptible to that strain and all get sick, some will get symptoms much sooner than others, some won't get any noticeable symptoms, some might die, and some won't, but whatever happens, will all happen at totally different times depending on each person's immune system, how long the incubation period is in each person since every person will have a unique time frame for that to progress.

The same holds true for animals and birds and everything that crawls and squeaks and chirps.

25k clients? LOL...seriously...exaggerate much? So he sees on average 94 clients per day?

And you are comparing a deadly bird disease to the flu.

Let's compare something a little more relevant...how about the last big headline of human killer...ebola.

Now infect 5K people with ebola...about the size of a nice flock of snow geese....how many die.

Please...send me this vets contact info because 25k clients is complete BS. If he were in business 30 years he would have to get, on average for every working day of the year, 3+ new clients....that is on average for 30 years.

If he is such an avian expert then the majority of his clients should be avian and he would likely be a world renowned expeet, so please supply his name and contact info to allow me to research him. If you are correct, I will come back to this thread and apologize.

How long has he been a vet?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
The Bebe event was what finally motivated me to join ATS because this site was the only place I could find that was discussing alternative reasons for the mass die-off of the birds there.

It will be interesting to get the full story. I read about this a little while ago on Yahoo, and I figured that someone was discussing it here.

Since this is believed to be avian cholera, and the source of the infection has not been identified, we should continue to see these snow geese dropping out of the sky until they find that bacterial reservoir. If this die-off just stops on its on, can we assume that there is more to this than avian cholera?

dex

Depends on how many flocks hit the same reservoir.

I will guarantee you that the dead birds are not localized to a singular area.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

25k clients? LOL...seriously...exaggerate much? So he sees on average 94 clients per day?

Let's compare something a little more relevant...how about the last big headline of human killer...ebola.

Now infect 5K people with ebola...about the size of a nice flock of snow geese....how many die.

Please...send me this vets contact info because 25k clients is complete BS. If he were in business 30 years he would have to get, on average for every working day of the year, 3+ new clients....that is on average for 30 years.

If he is such an avian expert then the majority of his clients should be avian and he would likely be a world renowned expeet, so please supply his name and contact info to allow me to research him. If you are correct, I will come back to this thread and apologize.

wow, talk about not comprehending what things mean... 25k clients doesn't mean they all go there all the time, it means they have 25k clients who are regulars and just take thier pets to him only. And they go there when they need to.

I personally question your motivation to think and promote the idea that 1000 birds can croak at exactly the same time from a disease. That is rediculous to the extreme. Seriously? A disease thqat kills every victim at the exact same time. A time bomb virus?

How about YOU go talk to a veterinarian and ask them what you are wondering about.

I am on the phone with another vet who lives in Guam and she says it sounds pretty oddball, but she doesn't discount this from being possible, but says the idea of a virus killing at the exact same time is a pretty far out thing. She wants to read up on it more, and isn't a bird doctor herself. Odd coincidence, but she is our landlord of the condo we live in...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it

Three years ago, we had a story where 5,000 birds all died at once in Arkansas. The usual "rational" explanations -- you know, the explanations that are given because no one dares think that anything else could be going on -- came out and included fireworks (lol) and a thunderstorm. The birds were examined and found to have died due to blunt force trauma. They hit something in mid-air, we just don't know what, but I have my suspicions. I suspect UFOs are the cause. The on-going rumbling/noise in the sky coupled with mass bird deaths occurring at the same time in my opinion point to this.

Now, we have another few thousand geese falling to the ground at one time. www.reuters.com...

This time, the government tells us they died of avian cholera. That is laughable and the government knows this and I'm calling BS on this for one very good reason. They just hope most or all of us accept that line of garbage and stop asking questions. In 2012, commenting on the bird deaths in Arkansas, an expert said "It's important to understand that a sick bird can't fly," Karen Rowe, an ornithologist with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission told Time.com. "So whatever happened to these birds happened very quickly. Something must have caused these birds to flush out of the trees at night, where they're normally just roosting and staying in the treetops ... and then something got them out of the air and caused their death and then they fell to earth." www.livescience.com...

So, now we know that the geese were not sick because if they were they would not be able to fly. My belief, as I stated in 2012, is that there may be cloaked UFOs involved and the birds flew directly into them. It's interesting to note that the geese were immediately incinerated, supposedly because of the disease. But since we know sick birds don't fly, I'd like to know what has been hidden, again, from us.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

Something that was invisible the birds didn't see. Something stealthy. I agree with this and find it far more logical than a disease. There is no known medical model that shows a large number of birds can all die at the exact same time from a disease, and it is hilarious to me to see others here touting this as what happened. The official story no matter what it is, is always either a big fat lie, or it is twisted to suit an agenda.

The current agenda seems to be a continuation on quizzing Americans on their own gullability and then sitting back and watching the whole dumbshow. The ones who know the truth are laughed at by those who believe the official story, and those pushing the official story are laughing at those who believe it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Fell out of the sky all at once...uhuh... from a virus ...uhuh....and some peeps just eat it up and even defend the stance when clearly the only available answers are just speculation......

Should be interesting to see the follow up story after they have examined the deceased birds

I agree with you, but they will not examine the dead birds. They've already destroyed them, conveniently enough.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Visiting ESB

Something that was invisible the birds didn't see. Something stealthy. I agree with this and find it far more logical than a disease. There is no known medical model that shows a large number of birds can all die at the exact same time from a disease, and it is hilarious to me to see others here touting this as what happened. The official story no matter what it is, is always either a big fat lie, or it is twisted to suit an agenda.

The current agenda seems to be a continuation on quizzing Americans on their own gullability and then sitting back and watching the whole dumbshow. The ones who know the truth are laughed at by those who believe the official story, and those pushing the official story are laughing at those who believe it.

Nail on the head -- gullibility. People not only buy the official story but defend it. It never fails to amaze me even more than the incredible excuses they come up with.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Where's Rezlooper at?

This sounds suspiciously like a hydrogen sulfide plume.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

There is nothing reasonable about the explanation that cholera caused this. To have us believe that all the birds got sick at the same time, that the course of this disease was identical for 2000 birds, that the deaths all occurred in mid flight at the same time when ornithologists tell us that SICK BIRDS DON'T FLY, is profoundly…stupid. That's what "they" think we, the public, are -- stupid. But they've been caught lying on this one and I'm sure they're hoping it will just go away. And you know what, they're right, unfortunately, because most people won't think twice about this.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
Where's Rezlooper at?

This sounds suspiciously like a hydrogen sulfide plume.

They aren't going to go to such lengths to destroy evidence if hydrogen sulfide were the cause. They would just tell us that it was caused by natural phenomenon, hydrogen sulfide. Even that explanation is silly if you look at it closely.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Visiting ESB

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree with you, but they will not examine the dead birds. They've already destroyed them, conveniently enough.

well according to the article they are awaiting results...

He said biologists were awaiting results from a state wildlife lab to confirm the birds died of the highly contagious disease, which is caused by bacteria that can survive in soil and water for up to four months.

In saying that the way it is worded looks like "they" believe it was a virus,which could explain why people do not bother to look further....

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

None of your questions address the real issues. The smokescreen effort won't work because most any vet has more experience than any of us with animals. To defend an absolutely silly explanation for this event makes no sense at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it

Migrating waterfowl do not fly from the South to the North in one go. They make stopovers on the way for a few days to rest and feed, and preferably in the neighbourhood of bodies of water or wetland.

The bacterium in question is fast acting, and spreads as follows: diseased bird → diarrhoea → water → healthy bird drinks → gets the disease → …

Mud Lake, Terreton and Roberts all have bodies of water and are a stopover for migrating geese.

The article states:

1. staff and volunteers collected the dead birds over the past several days at wildlife management areas near the towns of Terreton and Roberts
2. a disease that can cause birds to die in mid-flight and drop out of the sky

So: the birds make a stopover, the disease spreads, birds die over the span of a few days in a rather extensive area.

Of course the following version: “A flock of geese dies in mid-flight and falls out of the sky” makes a better headline or statement, and probably by somebody with limited knowledge of biology who is impressed by the mental image that a bird can fall out of the sky.

The decision to collect and incinerate the carcasses asap is to stop the disease from spreading.

References:
* Article (thks Vasa)
* Snow Goose
* Fowl Cholera
* Camas Refuge
* More Literature

I am afraid the USOs are microscopic and pathogenic in nature.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Visiting ESB

None of your questions address the real issues. The smokescreen effort won't work because most any vet has more experience than any of us with animals. To defend an absolutely silly explanation for this event makes no sense at all.

Because 5000 birds hitting a UFO is plausible....and an autopsy would tell you that they hit a UFO because of what? UFO residue or something?

Call your local vet today and ask them which is more likely....the birds died of disease or hitting a UFO then let us know what they say.

On my phone so can't respond how I would like....will do so later.
edit on 3/18/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh I comprehend it just fine. If he has 25k clients and is the best and considered an avian expert the he shouldn't mind having someone call to ask his opinion as he likely would have been called already on this case.

Question my motivation how? As in you have a paranoid delusion that I am a government shill trying to cover up 2000 birds dying of some mysterious or nefarious cause? Aliens? Monsanto? What's the angle? Because either would care if some conspiracy theorists were talking about it on a forum that will somehow suddenly expose a truth and change the world?

Now THAT would be ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join