It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive reasons for well known conspiracies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Most conspiracy theories tend to focus on the reasoning bieng negative.

I imagine that human nature gives us a natural distrust of secrets and those who with hold information, especially when those involved are in a postiion of power.

So my question is could some or all of the well known conspiracies have a positive reason behind them as opposed to the genearal nefarious ones we all tend to beilive in.

For example the assanation of JFK, Could he have been about to defect to Russia taking with him valuable information and dealing a crushing blow the the United sates of America. Was the decision to assanitate him done for the genuine good of the people.

I am not saying for one moment it is true but this premise changes the whole idea of conspiracy as it is generally percieved.

I would be interested in any opinions on this and also any other positive possibilities on other well known theories.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

One thing positive is truth. I covet truth above all else.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That's an interesting question. I'm sure there have been a lot of secretive back room dealings which were for the greater good.

Take the alien and UFO phenomena for example. If there is a race of beings out amongst the cosmos the government would keep it hush hush to keep the general population from freaking out.

Its the same with asteroids and the like.

Once again this is a very interesting and thought provoking topic and I'm eager to read others input.

S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
That's an interesting question. I'm sure there have been a lot of secretive back room dealings which were for the greater good.

Take the alien and UFO phenomena for example. If there is a race of beings out amongst the cosmos the government would keep it hush hush to keep the general population from freaking out.

Its the same with asteroids and the like.

Once again this is a very interesting and thought provoking topic and I'm eager to read others input.

S&F

I considered using the UFO scinario in the OP but thought the JFK one was a little more realistic to get the ball rolling.

As you say maybe if the world goverments are aware of ET's maybe it's kept quite for a reason that benifits humanity right now, It may be a stipulation of agreed cooperation, who knows.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

As you say maybe if the world goverments are aware of ET's maybe it's kept quite for a reason that benifits humanity right now, It may be a stipulation of agreed cooperation, who knows.

World governments are interested in benefiting humanity and they conspire to that end?

Sorry, I think we both know that's

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

World governments are interested in benefiting humanity and they conspire to that end?

Sorry, I think we both know that's

I am not saying it's true!

More an exercise in free thinking, to dismiss a possibility based on belief alone cannot be the best way to go about it.

As I said most CT's are based on a negative reasoning but with a predetermined opinion how can you look at the issue objectively.

Here in the UK our leaders have actually dome some positive things in the past so is it not plausable that some CT's have genuine benificial reasoning behind them?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Haha, I see the bait & it looks tasty, so I'll bite.

I can definitely see some conspiracies being done for good purposes. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if a large portion were done for what the conspirators thought was the common good. Being entrusted with leadership can be a massive burden that few can understand without going through it themselves.

Example: If you're the elected leader for a small, poor country and you're given the option of silencing an investigative reporter or having your economy crushed through sanctions, what do you do? Do you risk the lives & livelihoods of hundreds of thousands for the sake of one "dissident"*? Or what if you find out there's a 40% chance your county's main university was built over a major asbestos deposit? Do you tell everyone immediately & risk the backlash, or keep silent while sending "excavators" to check under the excuse of renovations? Or what do you tell people when your top police chiefs, judges, and advisers all reveal to you that they're double agents for a cartel and tell you that if you play along w/the charade, they won't cause any trouble?

(*my first example was kind of playing off of the "Bush-Aznar memos", which revealed that Saddam was willing to leave Iraq if he would've been allowed to keep $1billion lol. I'm sure you can guess what the answer was)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Roswell perhaps?

What could've happened if the crash was reported to be a Russian craft or some kind of dangerous weapon? both stories could've sent panic around the nation and there could've been political ramifications locally and globally.

It was a tense time and and calling it a flying disc only heightened the tension, which is why the brass divulged the half truth that was the weather balloon explanation, but if people knew it's real purpose (to detect possible soviet nuclear testing) it could've blown the lid on the whole operation, not to mention that it could've been testing the atmosphere for the effects of Nuclear tests near Area 51 which the public had no idea about, and if the public found out that nukes were being detonated in their own backyard then that could've opened a can of worms.

Both stories were poor explanations (or excuses) but in hindsight the situation could've been a lot worse.

edit on 17-3-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

More an exercise in free thinking, to dismiss a possibility based on belief alone cannot be the best way to go about it.

Perhaps, but I usually base my opinions on past performance and from my perception, agenda driven lying is SOP from the authorities. My core skepticism wasn't a result of negative reasoning but observation.

Pollyanna died a miserable death.
edit on 17-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Perhaps, but I usually base my opinions on past performance and from my perception, agenda driven lying is SOP from the authorities. My core skepticism wasn't a result of negative reasoning but observation.

Yes I will agree that it does not bode well but to decide that every instance will automatically be of a nefarious nature would limit your ability to come to a rational conclusion would it not.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Why do you think I "decide" anything without looking at the evidence provided.

I just feel that the doctrine of true knowledge or knowledge in a particular area is uncertain.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Why do you think I "decide" anything without looking at the evidence provided.

I just feel that the doctrine of true knowledge or knowledge in a particular area is uncertain.

Sorry the comment was not at you directly,

I simply meant that to be truely impartial every situation should be dealt with on it's on merit and without predetermined opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
hmmmm....

Very interesting question OP

I think if there is going to be a answer its going to be found in UFOlogy, for example I suppose one could argue that the theory of Ancient Aliens, if true, has had a positive impact on humanity.

Out with UFO's I cannot really think of anything but I am sure their must be a few.

S&F for a interesting and original question, will be interesting to see what other responses this thread thoughs up.

new topics

top topics

join