It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney to Box Evander Holyfield for charity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"It will either be a short fight, or I'll be knocked out," says Romney

Mitt Romney is well used to going toe-to-toe with America's political heavyweights, but now he's going to test his mettle against a heavyweight of a more intimidating nature – Evander Holyfield.

The 2012 presidential nominee will fight the 52-year-old former world champion at a charity event at Salt Lake City's Rail Event Center on May 15.

Romney, 68, who recently announced he will not be running for president in 2016, told The Salt Lake Tribune: 'It will either be a very short fight, or I will be knocked unconscious. It won't be much of a fight. We'll both suit up and get in the ring and spar around a little bit.'

The bizarre bout is taking place to raise money for CharityVision, which provides equipment to doctors in developing countries treating people with curable blindness.

Holyfield famously had part of his ear bitten off in a fight with Mike Tyson in 1997.

It's doubtful Romney will resort to such dirty tactics in May.

I'm curious if Mitt has any previous boxing experience in his past that could help him in this bout. I am glad that it's all going for a good cause at least. I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, and since this is a touch of madness, well, I figure this was as good a place as any. LOL I won't watch it, as boxing is not my sport, but I will be curious to see how well Mitt does.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If political elections are any indicator, rest assured Mitt will be striking below the belt.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It won't be any more real a competition than your average WWE bout. If it was, boxing experience or otherwise, Romney would be finished within 30 seconds by a motivated Holyfield.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I hope that Romney has a nickname for the fight.
Evander "Real Deal" Hollyfield vs. Mitt "Flip-Flop" Romney
Something like that...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I hope Holyfield bites Romney's ear off. hahahahahahahahuh?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
It won't be any more real a competition than your average WWE bout. If it was, boxing experience or otherwise, Romney would be finished within 30 seconds by a motivated Holyfield.

Just wanted to let you know I starred your post, despite the fact that I don't think he would last anywhere near 30 seconds.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

It will be no different than his campaign runs , staged and fixed.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, boxing doesn't seem to promote a healthy brain, any takers on a bet that Evander forgets it is a charity bout and swings for the fences at some point?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Go Evander! Bite his ear off at the very least.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well at least it won't be the first time he was beaten by a black man on TV
edit on 17-3-2015 by dashen because: Is that racist?, I will consult an authority.. ....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Did everybody miss the part where it's about raising money for blind children?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Did everybody miss the part where it's about raising money for blind children?

At least the children won't have to see the beating that evander is going to lay down

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Stop I'm dying!! XD

CX

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Call me when it's Cheney vs Tyson.

CX.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
thats pretty neat, good for Romney. Evander is a pretty cool guy as well. it doesn't surprise me that these two hooked up.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hopefully Mittens will be wearing his

Magic Boxer Shorts

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Channeling my inner Don King:
The 'Stormin' Mormon vs Hit in N' Quit It in Mitt's face gonna look like a hamburger steak after the beatdown in the city of Salt Lake. Somebody get an iron lung to treat that follower of Brigham Young! Like the starving LDS pioneers, Mitt's got to chew on them old dry ears! Ain't no investment banker that can whup ol' Evander! Romney couldn't beat a scrub for office of president and after this fight he'll be a hospital resident.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I fully support this and I urge every politician to take note and follow in Mitt's footsteps.

I see two good causes with this.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
the stormin mormon!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join