It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconstitutional red light camera help needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Those things can screw you good. I'm in New Mexico, and the cameras here aren't even managed by the local police or courts, it's all handled by RedFlex our of Phoenix, so you can't even take it to court....Anyway. About two and a half years ago, I get a ticket in the mail from one of these things, and each of the three photos on the printout included with the ticket shows my vehicle, parked at the red light, behind another vehicle. So of course, there was no way I was going to pay it, so I filled out the little dispute form that it had and sent it back in the prepaid envelope that it came with, and that was the last I heard of it. Until almost two years later, when I get pulled over for speeding, and am told that my license is suspended. Turns out it had been suspended for over a year and a half, due to not paying these fines for a law that I didn't break, without me ever having a clue.

The original ticket (which again, I received for being stopped at a red light, behind another vehicle) was for $156. So far, between court costs, DMV costs, the additional tickets for driving on a suspended license that I didn't know I had, the cost to re-instate my license, and the ticket, which I still had to pay, it has cost me just shy of $500, and I'm not done yet. I have one final court date on Wednesday, actually, and I believe it's going to cost me around $100 more dollars.

All because I stopped at a red light, behind another vehicle.

God bless America.
edit on 3/17/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Not my handiwork ... but I admire the thought.

And you guys oughta knock it off before you get banned. LOL I'm trying to protect my interests here. There aren't that many posters at this hour of the day.

that's one for both of you!!
edit on 1732015 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Yikes, that is brutal. $$
I think I may have a loophole with the company being located in Arizona.
We'll see.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Like I said, good luck.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jackjoedoe
Don't know..but we gotta keep it civil and agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Not my handiwork ... but I admire the thought.

Haha, awesome. I'll probably opt for the 18v DeWalt and a 12" demo blade.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Equally as effective, and far less likely to draw unwanted attention, is driving to an intersection with one of these with a friend, in the middle of the night. One of you gets out of the vehicle and waits near the camera, the other one waits until the light is red, then runs it, while the person not driving hits the CCD with a high power laser as it attempts to photograph the car running the red light.

Of course this is purely hypothetical; I certainly wouldn't have any first-hand knowledge of such things...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ok.. I'm out guys..time for bed.

If anyone else has some good info, I would appreciate it, lemme know, I will try and respond tomorrow.
Thanks for the good responses so far.
These are getting phased out finally, and I don't wanna be one of the last sheep sheared before they do.

If you like the cameras, try and research the shenanigans a little and get back to me. I will gladly have a civil argument about why they are unconstitutional on several levels.

Good night xoxo

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Yikes, better throw a t shirt over that first for that experiment.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

My man card?

The constitution is no joke and obviously stupid driver suck. What exactly is your point? Are you just on here to tell me what a do-gooder you are.

There is nothing worse than your rights being slowly taken from you. Well, maybe the person who says "oh, its cool, its for safety, or what do I care, I have nothing to hide?"

Read up a little bit on the cameras in Fl if you wanna see what these thieves have been up to.
Shortening yellow lights below the federal minimum at cam corners etc, etc...

Your passive attitude is why we live in a police state.

And no, I am not scared to ask for the money, i am protecting the driver. If you would have actually read what I wrote, before you commented on how good you were, you would have noticed the light changed in the middle of the intersection at a left turn in traffic.

The thing is your friend ran the red light and got busted thats it end of story. now someone is going to pay the fine. much better deal than the three people i watched burn to death in a car wreck because the idot driver decided it was easier to run the red light than to wait.
I think you got a better deal.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
They need the photo of you to prove it was you that is why it is required. You are not guilty with out proof. If prosecutor does not want to drop it. Get a jury trial. Look up all cases. I know AZ got rid of it before and others for unconstitutional reason then came out with it again different. I would look up the reasons and use if for a deference. I have not researched this i some time so i have no real details now. For the one that posted that you are responsible for your car. BS Tell them take your car to court and get statements from it. But one could attest that the light was green when entered into the intersection and the car in from was there so long that you could not make the light. That you did not run the light intentionally. For a crime to happen there must be intent. No proof you win. Because a picture is not taken till after the light turns red. And your friend was there long before while it was green not even yellow. Just got stopped up by the car in front of you that did not continue through the intersection. Good luck

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I hear what you are saying, but the big picture to this money grab is bs and illegal.

Technically, running the red light was the illegal part. Take it to court and pull in whoever was driving your car with you. Simple.

Personally, I'd love it if they put some sort of sensors at stop signs to fine all of the losers who have no time in their oh so important lives to actually stop. That would suit me just fine.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

My man card?

The constitution is no joke and obviously stupid driver suck. What exactly is your point? Are you just on here to tell me what a do-gooder you are.

There is nothing worse than your rights being slowly taken from you. Well, maybe the person who says "oh, its cool, its for safety, or what do I care, I have nothing to hide?"

Read up a little bit on the cameras in Fl if you wanna see what these thieves have been up to.
Shortening yellow lights below the federal minimum at cam corners etc, etc...

Your passive attitude is why we live in a police state.

And no, I am not scared to ask for the money, i am protecting the driver. If you would have actually read what I wrote, before you commented on how good you were, you would have noticed the light changed in the middle of the intersection at a left turn in traffic.

Am I here to show what a do-gooder I am? Well not exactly. Perhaps more because I saw your post and decided to chip in because it seemed to be more about flexing muscles and protecting stupid drivers that get caught rather than actually complaining about some injustice.

And yor claim to be "protecting the driver" coupled with your "constitutional rights" just emphasizes that you value your right to shout out to all that you will rather protect stupid people than possible victims of stupid drivers.
We see it a lot on TV and ATS.
Let's be brave and F*** the government and authorities. Let's be heroes in our own little minds and wallow in the admiration we get from others like us.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You might not need to pay.
See this story.
24000 red light tickets tossed

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What municipality were you given the ticket in if it was Miami Dade, Broward, or ft Lauderdale you might have a chance

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join