It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to Christianity when we finally confirm ET?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

This is not an attack on your religion, only something that was wandering In my head...

Hey, it ain't my religion.

But is it ok if I stick up for them when they're being picked on? I not a Muslim either, but you'll find me doing the same for them. If there were a big anti-Buddhist contingent on ATS (there isn't), I'd be sticking up for them too.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

originally posted by: AinElohim

Extra terrestrial life is not compatible with Christianity...

The belief that all life in the universe started here is fundamental to Christian belief structure...

Adam was the first man, created by God from dust... but before that...

And another quick question, bare with me...

Does it say this belief is fundamental bible scripture, and can you quote the text?

Now you're talking about the first "man" on earth right, and not just life in the universe?

God created Man in His image did he not?

What happens when the image does not look like man?

Well that goes back to my first response to you, and question.

What kind of Aliens

Because it matters...

And you haven't necessarily answer my second response and question/s either.

Play Fair

Why does it matter?

Alright... Aliens that have mastered light speed travel...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Question: Do you believe in God?

I absolutely have zero belief in any religious god.

I find when you strip away the religious descriptions surrounding the term 'god' then it becomes a rather undefined idea. What I believe in I could possibly call 'god', but there wouldn't necessarily be much purpose in doing so. I believe reality is stranger than fiction. I believe if we understood the fullness of reality then our minds would go pop.

Does that answer your question? Where are these questions leading?

edit on 16-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

This is not an attack on your religion, only something that was wandering In my head...

Hey, it ain't my religion.

But is it ok if I stick up for them when they're being picked on? I not a Muslim either, but you'll find me doing the same for them. If there were a big anti-Buddhist contingent on ATS (there isn't), I'd be sticking up for them too.

Stick up for whoever you like...

Like I said previously, im not bashing on the religion... theres more amusing ways to do that

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

perhaps you missed my post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It wasn't a direct answer to your question posed on page 1, but that question is what made me think of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

In that case, would you be open to the idea that at some point in our history we went from 2-D to 3-D?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

If there were a big anti-Buddhist contingent on ATS (there isn't)

There is a small vocal contingent of them on ATS, but they call themselves Christians not anti-Buddhists.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If there were a big anti-Buddhist contingent on ATS (there isn't)

There is a small vocal contingent of them on ATS, but they call themselves Christians not anti-Buddhists.

I'll have to step in here. I happen to respect the Buddhist religion. At one point, I even thought of becoming one. Most Christians, true Christians, respect all religions.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I never claimed it was most Christians or true Christians just that they identify as Christians.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Again, completely unfair.

When was the last time you saw a Christian (or anyone for that matter) start a thread about the ludicrousness of Nirvana? The inconsistencies within the Four Noble Truths? The impossibility of perfecting the Eightfold Path?

Probably never.
edit on 3/17/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Which sect are the true Christians? I've never understood how there can be so many denominations when there's only one book.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn
Disagreements on theology cause separation...

Even though Christ said specifically "a kingdom divided can not stand"

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

When was the last time you saw a Christian (or anyone for that matter) start a thread about the ludicrousness of Nirvana? The inconsistencies within the Four Noble Truths? The impossibly of perfecting the Eightfold Path?

The last time I saw one was a couple months ago. They didn't touch on every subject there, but they were definitely attacking Buddhism.

I think they are banned now and it wasn't the first time they were banned. Those types keep coming back under different names.

Incidentally, that person was very insistent about what a true Christian was as well.

I don't like to get into the true Christian thing because other self-claiming true Christians are always disagreeing on what it is with other self-claiming true Christians.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I never claimed it was most Christians or true Christians just that they identify as Christians.

Fair enough. My mistake. Please forgive me.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Which sect are the true Christians? I've never understood how there can be so many denominations when there's only one book.

There's no "sect". In Christianity there are many denominations. I consider myself to be non-denominational. I don't identify with one specific denomination. I prefer to believe in God, read the Bible, go to a Non-Denominational church, and be happy.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

No worries I didn't hold it against you in the first place.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Non-denominational, the most persecuted of all christian denominations...err..nondenominations...I mean...wait..

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

No worries I didn't hold it against you in the first place.

edit on 3/17/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Extra terrestrial life is not compatible with Christianity...
a reply to: Akragon
This, i believe, is a false statement. John 18:36 tell us

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Wow, talk about out of context.

I haven't opened a bible more than twice in my life, & even I know that isn't Jesus saying heaven = outer space.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join