It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help plz!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How do I find consolidate and withdraw all of my 401k accounts?

I have personal problems.

I need the money to relocate and live.

I have no savings.

How can I find these monies and use them, I am a week away from crap here!!!!!

No other options.

Hundreds of miles from family, crap job, no pocket money.....

I guess I could die.

But that is counter intuitive.

I honestly need help here.

I have a lot of money in 401k.

More than enough to get me moved and settled, and stable.

I can't find them. Google gives me idiot replies from the highest bidder, not what I need.

It is Monday, on Friday it is the ax.

I need to figure it out before then.

Plz ATS. Help!!!!!

I don't normally ever ask others for anything, but I will be "down and out" in Friday.

Does anyone know how to consolidate and withdraw 401k benefits?

I know it is a 18% off the top tax, I need to access my savings, it is an emergencie.

Plz help!!,!!,

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Contact the HR department of your former company.

They'll give you the info you need.

It takes about a week to get the money but it isn't complicated.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Contact the HR department of your former company.

They'll give you the info you need.

It takes about a week to get the money but it isn't complicated.

What beezer said. Contact HR or, benefits section of HR.

It's just a matter of filling out some paperwork and then they cut you a check. Taxed to the hilt but, a check none the less.

Best of luck to you and, hope it all works out.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I too am going through this dilemma. I have worked for over 40 years, but unfortunately, a large amount of that time I was employed under short term contracts, where I paid into the company's 401 or IRA plans, but only for short periods of time; from 6 months to 6 years during this time frame. I never thought about what to do when it came time to collect. I just wanted to participate in the nest egg plan being offered by the companies as part of the perks.

Now I am ready to retire and I have no clue on how to collect from all those plans I contributed to. I am lucky that I worked a good amount of time for the federal government and was active duty military. The money invested in those plans are easy to recover.

Private companies do not make it easy for you to recover your investment dollars. So, I am looking for an easier way to track down the monies I invested years ago, into plans and companies that no longer exist.

I am responding to you post because I want to alert all of these young folks out there, to make sure that they don't make the mistake of not taking their plans with them when they leave, and that they keep a close eye on their investment dollars, so they don't end up like me.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Write down all the companies you worked for and think that you contributed into a 401K.

Call HR/Benefits with your ss#, birth date and approximate time frame you worked there.

Even if a company went belly up (liquidated) there will be a custodial firm that took over the 401K.

If you can prove hardship (illness, disability, loss of job, etc...) you may be able to pay zero tax penalties.

With the market the way it has been, you may have even more money than you think...

Best of Luck and hope the monies give you a fresh start!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I can't just call HR from many different employers, many of which are nonexistent.

Just like nightsky I have worked both long and short term jobs for many employers.

I always invest, at the company maximum payin to my 401k, using matching benefits to my advantage.

I can't call HR at several places, there has to be a way that I can call one place and consolidate them all.

Does anyone know of a way to find or consolidate 401ks?

I have at the minimum 30 different accounts.

In my free time I couldn't even track 30 accounts down in a week.

There has to be a way of finding these things.

If there isn't who wants to invest in a great business opportunity that is first if its kind?

It provides an actually useful service, that the baby boomers actually want and need, that nobody else does.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm afraid you may be out of luck. Several of the plans I've been in take many weeks to send you a check and it requires a pin number which you would have needed to have established previously. As for consolidating I'm not aware of any one stop shopping for that if your funds are spread out over many unknown accounts. Many different companies are likely holding your 401k funds and they can't just give access to anyone without positive confirmation of identity. Unless you actively rolled the contributions over each time you changed employers you probably have a daunting task ahead of you.

Haven't you received earnings statements from any of these 401k funds?
edit on 16-3-2015 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

John, have you tried www.401khelpcenter.com ? I tracked one of my 401ks through that site.

Also, you can go to the IRS, but I don't know if you want to open that can of worms...All 401ks should be listed on your old W-2s.

From experience, it can be a drawn-out process.

Best of Luck.

top topics

join