It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martha Stewart Indicted!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
One down, one thousand corporate wrongdoers to go...

Link

Yay!

XAOS

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Martha Stewart, chairman and CEO of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc., speaks at the American Magazine Conference in New York, Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2001. Stewart plans to fight any charges if a grand jury indicts her in the insider trading scandal that has clouded her graceful-living empire for the past year, her lawyer said. Stewart's chief attorney Robert Morvillo said Tuesday, June 3, 2003, that if she is indicted, 'she intends to declare her innocence and proceed to trial.' (AP Photo/Tina Fineberg)

XAOS

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just can't imagine one of the liberal elitist doing anything wrong. It has to be that pesky "vast right wing conspiracy" framing poor Martha.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think this calls for a celebration. I'm so happy she finally got indicted. You people have no clue how much I dislike this woman.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I just can't imagine one of the liberal elitist doing anything wrong. It has to be that pesky "vast right wing conspiracy" framing poor Martha.

I wan not even aware that she was a liberal. I also thought a cheat was cheat regardless of party affiliation. Why does everything have to be liberal bashing with some people on this site?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I can't wait for her to go to jail. Too bad Ken "The Bushie Man" Lay won't be seeing jail anytime soon, if ever...

A group of execs can get away with robbing the public of billions of dollars, but if you steal a comic book from the store, you could face up to $2,000 in fines and time in prison.

You gotta love how the law works in this country...

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What is the perfect orange jumpsuit for you,

How to make a shiv from a toothbrush,

And fermenting juice in your toilet.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I will be taping the "How to Avoid Gang-rape," special...

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I love that picture of her, it says "I am trying to BS my way out of this, can I intrest you in some nice painted spoons
"

XAOS

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Originally posted by astrocreep

I wan not even aware that she was a liberal. I also thought a cheat was cheat regardless of party affiliation. Why does everything have to be liberal bashing with some people on this site?

Because when a liberal cheats, its always a conspiracy against them. Surely we don't expect poor Martha to take responsibility for her actions do we? It had to be someone elses fault someone else I tell you!!

Actually, not many were aware that she was a liberal and when this story first broke last year, most media assumed she was a conservative, being a successful business person and all. It wasn't until she came out made a statement confirming her liberal views and the fact that she holdsa law degree too did the media realize their fopa. After that speech, I think this is the first time I've heard any news abouth the case. Its hard to say what anybody would have done in her place. I mean, you're about to lose big and you know it? What do you do? Especially when your motto is "the end justifies the means."

As for the Ken Lay comment, I'd like to see everyone who had a hand in that mess go up the river and that includes Bush if he had anything to do with it. I just think if he did play a part, to get to his part we have to see everyone elses part too. I haven't heard a chirp from Senator Lieberman's investigation committee and I suspect if they could pin anything on Bush, they would have done it in spades by now or at least they should have. Maybe after realizing just who was pulling the strings when the loan in question from Citycorp was taken, they have gone into cover-up mode? I still can't help but wonder why everybody except Robert Rubin to testify when he is the one person involved in this issue at every level from the very beginning. I think I know and I think everybody else does too.

Result:"Enron scandal? What Enron scandal? I don't know nothin' 'bout no Enron scandal!"

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm with OBIE...no matter your party affiliation if you cheat then you should suffer the consequences. I don't think anyone is making excuses for what Martha did. Still, I doubt she will ever see the inside of a prision cell after all this is the USA where having the money means you are completely innocent no matter how guilty you are.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Astro, you miss my point all together. Not EVERYTHING is Liberals v Conservatives next of Celebrity Death Match. This whole Liberals suck and neocons rule thing is just way way way overplayed on this site. I am surprised you don't pin the earthquakes you study on Liberal media bias and Bill Clinton
. A cheat is a cheat. She should get to doll up her nice orange jump suit with pinstripes so she looks nice in prison. I AM a liberal, and I certainly don't think this is a vast right wing conspiracy. I think a crook got nailed and I'm glad. But I do think Saphie is correct in that she will never see the inside of a prison. Money talks, period.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Astro, you miss my point all together. Not EVERYTHING is Liberals v Conservatives next of Celebrity Death Match. This whole Liberals suck and neocons rule thing is just way way way overplayed on this site. I am surprised you don't pin the earthquakes you study on Liberal media bias and Bill Clinton
. A cheat is a cheat. She should get to doll up her nice orange jump suit with pinstripes so she looks nice in prison. I AM a liberal, and I certainly don't think this is a vast right wing conspiracy. I think a crook got nailed and I'm glad. But I do think Saphie is correct in that she will never see the inside of a prison. Money talks, period.

Actually Observer, I'm not a neo-con. I belong to the dem party. Maybe I am conservative in my views sometimes but I don't let a party affiliation cloud the facts. I was merely attempting to bring to light another of the media's "D'OH!!"s when they found out they were grilling one of their own and how quickly they dropped it once their heads underwent rectal expulsion. I meant no insult toward you personally just took the opportunity of this post to make that point.

I don't see anything wrong with your viewpoint and as far as I'm concerned your welcome to them. As for my scientific studies, I seek truth more than politics because I think most politicians are like professional wrestlers. They hate each other in front of the crowd but behind the scenes, they are all part of one big show trying to keep it interesting. The difference between liberals and conservatives are manufactured to give us something ot keep busy with while they rake in the money and power and we take it hook line and sinker then beg for more.

Just look at the people on this site for instance who back one party or another and will never ever admit any wrongdoing by them. Are they loyal or are they fools or do they know but are charged with throwing out propaganda? I see great undermining of American liberties by our current administration but you know what? I saw them with Clinton too and just as severe only on the other end of the spectrum. But, just look at posters like romantico for example. never ever would he/she admit that Bill Clinton ever did anything but walk on water and we got Bush people the same way. If those people aren't in on the whole PR bit, they are seriously being fooled.

Back to the topic of Martha, I agree with both of you. If she does any jail time, I will be astonished but her reputation is ruined regardless and for ego-maniacs like her that is far more hurtful than anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I agree with everything you just said Astro. Especially the Politicians being like Pro Wrestlers. Classic.

And Martha will want to stab herself to death with a hand honed, classicly carved knife when she realizes how her rep is toast. And for that.. I am kind of glad.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is great!!!!! How to make those cold metal bars look good for summertime!

How to make little paper hats for the guards and get special treatment.

How to make acid out of common objects that can be smuggled in by being shoved up a man's @$$.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I think this calls for a celebration. I'm so happy she finally got indicted. You people have no clue how much I dislike this woman.

LOL! Lets throw a "going away to jail" party for martha!!

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
While it is hard to imagine any fate severe enough to address the crimes of this insult to all taste, design, flair and aesthetic awareness, it is hard to see that busting the dreadful old hag is any sort of great breakthrough in dealing with the corporate/political rot that is eating away at America.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Still, look on the bright side: America's prisons may soon have the most kitschy kitchens in the whole of the uncivilised world.

PS this is a rather droll take on the Great Vulgarienne.
www.eye.net...

new topics

top topics

join