It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children's TV show under fire on Nickelodeon after showing BOOBIES

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Those same tribal cultures I mentioned above?

Yeah, they often truss up pigs, cows, chickens and other animals and slaughter them right in front of the kids and let them bleed out right there and then proceed to do all the butchery. So it's not like the noble savage way where boobs aren't for sex has anything less in the way of blood, guts and casual violence.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
They were probably just doing a spoof on The Rescuers...

Lol at their reaction in this video. I remember being that age...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

My best bet is that the show being produce by French producer Marc du Pontavice, no one in France saw it as dangerous for the kids since they can already see topless women at some beaches, and in their movies. It's kinda part of their culture.

I watched that series, Oggy with my then young daughter some 12 years ago, and she grew up to be a normal young woman, with no problems.

Actually, we had lots of fun watching it and imitating the sounds and songs the characters made... lol

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The first time I went to the States, I was surprised to see there was no swearing on television, to protect the kids, at 7 PM, but there was no problems with showing guys being killed by cars hitting them, then rolling on them.

It was a real WTF moment for me... lol

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And what is with the sexualization of boobs? You can't have sex with a nice, bouncy, lovely pair of oiled up breasts! Wait... can you?? Hmmm... I kinda wanna try it now. (sorry i know its probably taking things too far, especially in a "for the children" thread, but this whole post is just an attempt at humor so don't take it seriously)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

Yep, it's just the difference between the two.

You guys flop out the boobs, and we flop out the dead guys.

The thing that does bother me about it lately is the trend toward wanting to make so real when it comes to flopping out the dead guys. Do we need the blood spray? Really? I remember that they used to maybe only have some red stain "back in the day." Now the red stuff needs to fly or run freely it seems. That gets a little more real than I like.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Nah, this wouldn't fly in the U.S. Although a depiction of one guy blowing another guy's brains out with a pistol would stand a fighting chance. Violence? You betcha! A breast? God forbid!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The cartoonist evidently get bored and stupid. But there is a history in movies of the cartoonist leaving what is called "easter eggs" in scenes or creating within a scene a sexual reference that may be easy to miss but easy to spot if you know exactly where to look.

But you have to wonder with cable TV in most homes and far more natural breasts on display everywhere to day where are the innocent kids that run to tell mommy?

cj6

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
People see this small, obscure picture on the back wall of a cartoon, but can't see how our world is broken on every level & slowly collapsing around us?

This reality needs to end already.

Yeah it's really pathetic that this is the kind of asinine crap that people pay attention to when actual important stuff happens right under their nose and they ignore it. No wonder this country is the worst.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I bet a line of women topless would stop ISIS in a heart beat. Janet Jackson's nipple stopped all of media for a minute.
They would save the world 😁
It is sad that people freak out over this but pay no attention to violence on TV.
It is also sad that the human body is that offensive to some people.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I'm just curious as to "why" they put that in there. what was the point?

Apparently it's a French cartoon. Now it's here in America, my guess is they either forgot to take that part out, cover her up, whatever, or didn't care.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
You should see the collaboration John K. did with his fans to bring Ren and Stimpy back.

Look for the lost episodes, episode 1.

My favorite show as a kid!

edit on 3/16/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
That is weird to have boobs in a cartoon ... But only because we've sexualized them.

I'm nursing my 6 month old as I type this. That's what boobs are for. Ok, that is an overshare but oversharing seemed relevant here.

I had to explain to my 4 year old daughter why her swimsuit covers her chest but her older brother could just wear shorts. She was annoyed because she wanted to just wear shorts too.

I couldn't tell her what I really thought! (That women's nipples should be no more or less private than men's. It's an arbitrarily sexualized body part in our culture. )

Sigh.

But... In the context of our culture, and what female breasts mean in our culture - having that picture in a cartoon is totally creepy and those animators are creeps for doing it.

My daughter couldn't understand why she had to cover her boobs and her daddy had boobs too but he didn't have to cover his. Her reasoning? "Daddy has nipples too mommy!" Well, yes, yes he does. LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Boobies are good.
I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Nude is not lewd, it is not rude, nor is it crude; unless of course you are a prude.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Same reason they always do.

To see if they can get away with it. Sick humor. Personally, I think we overly censor things anyhow, but c'mon, they had to know this wouldn't fly....

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NowanKenubi

Yep, it's just the difference between the two.

You guys flop out the boobs, and we flop out the dead guys.

The thing that does bother me about it lately is the trend toward wanting to make so real when it comes to flopping out the dead guys. Do we need the blood spray? Really? I remember that they used to maybe only have some red stain "back in the day." Now the red stuff needs to fly or run freely it seems. That gets a little more real than I like.

The problem with getting rid of the blood spray is that it gives the illusion that there aren't consequences for your actions. You shoot someone in the chest, no blood splatter. He just falls down with a grunt and you go on your way. When in reality, blood would be all over the place, the guy likely would have crapped himself if near death, and if still alive he'd be screaming at the top of his lungs. Shooting someone is pretty offensive to just about every one of your senses.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Same reason they always do.

To see if they can get away with it. Sick humor. Personally, I think we overly censor things anyhow, but c'mon, they had to know this wouldn't fly....

Chances are this was drawn in France, where this WAS legal, when this was brought to the US, they probably forgot that Boob picture was there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join