It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's the hidden agenda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of illegals being rewarded for breaking the law. I welcome any immigrant that wishes to become American. Isn't that suppose to be the reason they come to this country? But I can't figure out why illegals are allowed to work under the table when everyone knows who they are and what they're doing. Instead of paying income tax that could boost the economy, they send money home to benifits Mexico. Why is the fact they drive without a license and insurance tolerated? Why are they exempt from paying for treatment at hospitals based on inability to provide legal ID. An American without medical insurance will be paying back his bill for years. Pregnant illegals automatically qualify for government sponsored prenatal carel as well as Welware. How ironic that Bush plans new efforts to implement the Welware to Work programs designed to get women off aid. Why are Mexican illegals not encouraged to assimilate and learn English. Some Wifes of illegals I've worked with for over 5 years, still can't ask for their Husbands in English when they call. Come on, even I have learned some Spanish without even trying. It's as though they deliberately refuse to acknowledge it even though it's still the national langage isn't it? But most disturbing is that all the illegals I work with have made it clear to their American co-workers, that they have contempt for America and especially for Americans. They even dislike the legal immigrants and vise versa. I am personally sick of hearing the constant slur against my people and country. Lately some have gone as far as to threaten to reclaim their country. With this I remind them, they can then give it back to the Native Americans. I live in the blue collar town of San Pablo. Once equally populated by Blacks and Whites, its now 95 % Mexican. No English is spoken at the local businesses, billboards are entirely in Spanish and the downtown has been revamped with Adobe facades painted in Mexicn pastels. I am the outsider here but refuse to be forced from my home. What are your insights on this social disaster.?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The company I work for has a lot (80-90% of our workforce) of Spanish people working there about half of which legal.

ALL legal and Illegal pay taxes and even social security of which most will never be able to draw. You haven't mentioned it in your post but I have heard hundreds of times how they get free cars, don't have to pay taxes, get free rent, don't have to pay SS, ect; all of which is BS.

All of the ones I know love this country and wish nothing more than to raise their families here and become citizens. You might remember the Marine that threw himself on the Grenade? He was Spanish.

I have to go now and will post more later

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
How do they pay income tax if they are paid cash under the table? That's how our illegals are paid. And how could they pay Social Security without legal documentation? I don't know about cars ect, but what I said about Welware and free medical is true. Where do you live? Around here Mexicans are openly anti- American and hostile. If you want to learn more about illegals being rewarded for breaking the law, go to:

rewww.numbersusa.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
Where do you live? Around here Mexicans are openly anti- American and hostile.

I live in Arkansas which has the fastest growing Spanish population in the USA, they come here to work in the poultry industry. In the cased of the poultry plants they are not paid under the table they use fake IDs to get hired. I work very closely with them and I have found them to be, on the whole, nice hard working people. I hand out their pay checks and can tell you they have taxes held out, including SS.

I have had BBQs and Christmas Parties and such with them for over 10 years and have not been treated any different than I would at anyones elses home. A couple of Christmas's ago they pitched in and bought me a very nice leather coat that had to cost a couple hundred dollars.

Their are some that work for under the table money I am sure. So do a lot of the poor whites, blacks and asians around here. They still have to buy food, cars, rent houses, etc; all of which is taxed and is money being pumped into our local economy.

All in all they have been a welcome addition to our area and most hope for nothing more than to become real citizens. If my neighbor felt I was a parasite and freeloader I would probably be hostile too

Oh yeah.... The link doesnt work either

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I am sick and tired of illegals being rewarded for breaking the law. I welcome any immigrant that wishes to become American.

You'll find that this is a world wide trend. Divide and Conquer if you like.
Stir the pot, create chaos when the time is right, The Elite(illuminati),
call them what you want, they step in and Introduce a Global Order as
the World is such mess, which they created in the first place.
Thats my humble take on things anyway

new topics

top topics

join