It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pasta sauce with as much sugar as a candy bar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

originally posted by: Anyafaj

FDA to Allow Unlabeled Use of Aspartame in Dairy Products

I'll have to start checking milk label now for that crap.

You wont see it on the label. Its Unlabeled

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

That's cool, a good amount of pasta in my opinion but who am I to say! (Most people pile their plate full!)

Now you obviously know your own body but personally I am an advocate of fatty meat - fat helps the brain be slick and quick as well as keeping the rest of the body working tip toppily. Obviously too much is bad.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear you suffer from migraines.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

That's cool, a good amount of pasta in my opinion but who am I to say! (Most people pile their plate full!)

Now you obviously know your own body but personally I am an advocate of fatty meat - fat helps the brain be slick and quick as well as keeping the rest of the body working tip toppily. Obviously too much is bad.

We switched from a pretty high carb diet to a lower one, no pasta a little bread here and there, occasionally rice.

We eat a lot more eggs and dont shy away from fat. We also switched to goats milk.

My other half has lost a lot of weight and her overall health has improved.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It sorts you out a treat. Coupled with exercise it makes you lean and lithe!

To be fair NS I have you to thank that I am back on track eating low carbs and not drinking.... Your opening thread when you introduced yourself here - kicked me into shape and allowed me to admit a few things to myself.

So thanks!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

FDA to Allow Unlabeled Use of Aspartame in Dairy Products

I'll have to start checking milk label now for that crap.

You wont see it on the label. Its Unlabeled

That bites! Thankfully I very rarely drink milk after I was pregnant. When I was pregnant, I drank 2 gallons of whole milk a day! After I delivered I have trouble drinking it now. I'll put it in coffee and recipes, but straight up, I have trouble with.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I appreciate the thought. The Topamax helps prevent most of them, but if a couple slip past, I take Imatrex. Once in a blue moon, I will enjoy a nice T-Bone, or heck, even a Filet, or Prime Rib, but it's not cheap, so it's a very, very rare occasion.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

We switched from a pretty high carb diet to a lower one, no pasta a little bread here and there, occasionally rice.

We eat a lot more eggs and dont shy away from fat. We also switched to goats milk.

My other half has lost a lot of weight and her overall health has improved.

Ugh! Eggs! As a kid, I HATED eggs. I would only eat the yolks, not the whites. For me, eating whites is like eating this weird tasteless chewless pudding. As kids, my brother used to hate yolks. Every Easter, we would swap. He would give me his yolks, and I would give me his whites. Now when I was pregnant, I ate fired eggs with jelly on top, on buttered toast, with salt and pepper and made a sandwich out of it and grossed everyone out around me. (Including myself! LOL) There was no repeat performance after the baby made an appearance! LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

"Now when I was pregnant, I ate fired eggs with jelly on top, on buttered toast, with salt and pepper and made a sandwich out of it" That actually sounds good to me lol. Although in some cases, i would substitute maple syrup for the jelly, being Canadian and all.

edit on 16-3-2015 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I would only eat the yolks, not the whites. For me, eating whites is like eating this weird tasteless chewless pudding.

Egg whites are precisely the reason (at least in my opinion) that Tabasco Sauce and Frank's Red Hot Sauce were created.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would only eat the yolks, not the whites. For me, eating whites is like eating this weird tasteless chewless pudding.

Egg whites are precisely the reason (at least in my opinion) that Tabasco Sauce and Frank's Red Hot Sauce were created.

Once in a very blue moon my body craves an egg, so I'll make a sunny side up egg, but I put a ton of salsa on it to cover the taste of the white. LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Best way to eat eggs: slow scrambled over a very low heat. They are done when the texture is more akin to a creamy custard.

Another favorite: poached eggs with grape jelly and bacon. Always bacon.

ETA: oh yeah....wilted spinach and goat cheese omelette....not bad either.
edit on 3/16/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Best way to eat eggs: slow scrambled over a very low heat. They are done when the texture is more akin to a creamy custard.

I have to agree on the scrambled eggs, a heavy based pan, melted butter, don't season until the end and don't over whisk.

Poached duck eggs on toast with creamed nettles is beyond good.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Stir in a figure 8 pattern, cutting across the center every turn.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Duck eggs are the best.

I like to do them sunny side up by slowly spooning warmed butter over them to cook the whites and warm the yolk.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Stir in a figure 8 pattern, cutting across the center every turn.

Ah, yes. You can tell a true cook by how they prepare the simplest dishes and this is one of them.

I also like to finish them, French style, on occasion, with a touch of heavy cream.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I prefer to go in concientric circles and X the middle using a flat bottomed wooden spoon.

The key in my opinion is the delacacy of your movement and the subtle adjusting of the heat. also allowing the last minute to be off the heat in the residual heat of the pan.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Best way to eat an egg, just dip the toast in the creamy yolk, and walk way. LOL Slip the white to the dog. DO NOT GET CAUGHT! If you're eating scrambled, quickly drink your OJ in the paper cup, shove your scrambled into the paper cup, cover with napkin and throw away, again, DO NOT GET CAUGHT!
edit on 3/16/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I have to agree on the scrambled eggs, a heavy based pan, melted butter, don't season until the end and don't over whisk.

Now mind you I refuse to EAT eggs, but I am an expert on making them! My baby brother used to request my eggs over my dad's or stepmother's all the time. I'll take that compliment and run with it. LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

See if you can find a local dairy. We get our milk from a local dairy. It's hormone free and very fresh and no added crap. And when they say whole milk ... they mean it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

When I go fruit juice, I get the unsweeted cranberry and cranberry blends. Cranberry is pretty tart. But I am basically drinking a small amount to assuage my inability to have soda anymore. So if it didn't have some sweet to it ... It wouldn't be serving its purpose. For almost the whole day I am drinking either black or green tea or water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join