It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What President Obama Had To Say About UFOs.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I can't believe some of the people posting think that this was anything but a joke. Given the context, it's obvious. Besides, if most of the ridiculous, far-out alien conspiracies were to be believed, then the president wouldn't have access to such information anyway.

Give it up. It was a joke.

It was real to many! Its a free country people can believe what they want.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't take this seriously at all. Obama has always had almost a "trollish" sense of humor.

If he were to reveal any kind of information on this topic, evenly vaguely, I highly doubt it wouldn't taken place at that time. He was just tries to stir up a laugh, which is why he showed up on a comedy show.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I can't believe some of the people posting think that this was anything but a joke. Given the context, it's obvious. Besides, if most of the ridiculous, far-out alien conspiracies were to be believed, then the president wouldn't have access to such information anyway.

Right. First off its a comedy show and then he has to say something. But no matter what he said or how he reacted to the question, it will always be interpreted as he knows about aliens. Its a loaded question. Which reaction or answer would be the one where people would believe that he doesn't know anything? That's rhetorical of course.
1. "Yes, there are aliens" = aliens
2. "I don't know" = aliens
3. "There are no aliens" = aliens
4. "I cant say" = aliens
5. No answer; aliens

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Agreed again and star for effort man I I actually like you humor once you add a bit of salt its grrrreat now for others on this site not even with a pound of honey could their humor be swallowed, i have a feeling this year we will know that we are not alone hell Putin might come out and say it!! a reply to: rickymouse

edit on 16-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Lol i think the truth has been told many times but you mix it into satire and it becomes deniable a reply to: EartOccupant

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

It's interesting. And come on we know UFOs are real, so why not Aliens too? Not so outlandish as David Icke is but maybe advisors for a while and monitoring reactions, so far the consens seems to be: we don't want to believe, no matter how many officials, militaries and whoever says it is real, it has to be the US President or we don't dare to open our eyes.
I don't care we may be in for an awesome show of super high-tech millitary in action soon. Than we would see how good reversed engineering works.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Thank you exactly!! a reply to: FormOfTheLord

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Im sure alot of the technology we have was given to us it might be that, also like you said maybe they are observing us no one will know i think alot of people have told the truth but society does not want to swallow it.a reply to: Peeple

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What makes a joke funny? That there's a little bit of truth in it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is a tough pill for me to swallow.

I fall into the "Skeptic that wants to believe" category.

However, even though I want to believe that there is something behind his words and that there may be a half-truth there somewhere. I can't take it seriously.

I think this was a take-with-a-grain-of-salt joke, and nothing more.

I don't think this was to prepare us or leak it to us that aliens exist or anything of that nature. Most people laughed at it because it was clearly a joke, and was said in a way to be taken as ridiculous. If anything, I think this would push people farther away from the idea of aliens existence.

Its fun to think about, and does spark curiosity, but I think that this one is being over-thought.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a transcript of the conversation:

K: This is something I feel like. If I was the president, and it is unlikely that is ever going to happen…

O: You never know.

K: If I was the president…

O: It was unlikely that I was going to be president.

K: The moment I was in inaugurated – my hand would still be hot from touching the bible – I would immediately race to wherever they have the files about Area 51 and UFOs and I would go through everything to find out what happened. Did you do that?

O: That is why you will not be president…

K: One of the reasons.

O: Because that is the first thing you would do.

K: It is at the top of my list.

O: The aliens won’t let it happen. You will reveal all of their secrets. They exercise strict control over us.

K: Now you know there are a lot of people who are going to examine your facial expressions here, every twitch, every everything and say, of course. Did you look? Did you see? Did you explore?

O: I can’t reveal anything.

K: Oh really? Because President Clinton said he did go right in and he did check and there was nothing.

O: You know, that is what we are instructed to say.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The best place to hide something is in plain sight, go figure.

Unless you're mates with Barack, then you'll never know...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Why are you trying so hard to convince total strangers it was a joke? If you think conspiracies are so ridiculous, why are you on this site?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

If you think conspiracies are so ridiculous, why are you on this site?

You do Know ATS is alternative media and not just a conspiracy site,

I mean they have forums about pets.

Is that because there is a conspiracy involving pets, a movies forum as well and the movie Cats and dogs is about Cats conspiring to take over the world, Hmmmmm.

Why are you trying so hard to convince total strangers it was a joke

Why do you try to convince others there is hidden meanings to things, that ET is here and whole lot of other stuff?

Is that because you can, as ATS is about discussion and sharing opinions and debating them?

Or are you implying simply because they think Obama is joking that they are a shill, I know thats what your thinking or your way of thinking towards those that don't fall in line with your type of mindset and thinking.

Is that why you are on this site, to simply find like-minded ....... to pat each other on the back?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
He more than likely cannot say anything about UFOs as most are black project aircraft hidden deep inside Special Access Projects. I believe the Bush family had a bit more info on these "crafts" than many because Bush senior was head of the CIA for years, he would of had to know by his job title. That will be one hell of a deathbed confession if it were to happen, it wont though.

I personally don't want Obama to know or have access to these projects as that administration would just FUBAR it all up. Give it another 50-100 for the rest of the world to catch up in maturity and we may have a partial disclosure. Most are not ready even if you think you are.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Oh, so much hostility brother!

Of course ATS is about other things, just like the NFL has some charity outreach programs. But if you poll people and ask them what they think when you mention the word (acronym) NFL........well......the same goes for ATS....pretty much synonymous with conspiracy theories.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just put forth my opinions like everyone else on here, is that wrong? I just get emotional about the treasonous disinfo agents who I hope wind up in jail one day.

Thank you for your psychoanalysis, but I know love is the only truth of the universe, and that is really all one needs to know.

Perhaps your time may be better spend introspectively on why you have so much anger, you know that is not healthy, right?

But I do feel flattered that you continue to read and follow my posts so thoroughly, I feel like I have a fan, my own ATS fan!

edit on 16-3-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: anti-sockpuppet language

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Sometimes the guise of humor is used to reveal sections of the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The Current U.S. President is quite adept at humor. Have you heard him roast his constituents? It's hilarious!

He jokes about aliens and suddenly it's serious? Come on now. I'm firmly in the "I want to believe" category, but sometimes a joke is just a joke.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just put forth my opinions like everyone else on here, is that wrong?

Your asking me if thats wrong even though I said in what your replying to how that is what ATS is about.

Ask yourself if thats wrong,

you posted this

Why are you trying so hard to convince total strangers it was a joke?

So you dont try to convince others yet others that have differing opinion are trying to convince you?

Thank you for your psychoanalysis

No such thing, even an inanimate rock could understand where you are coming from.

However thanks for yours

Perhaps your time may be better spend introspectively on why you have so much anger, you know that is not healthy, right?

I have spent time introspectively not for anger but to understand delusion.

How much anger do I have, Do you still think I have a drinking problem?

What else do you picture or fantasize about others on a faceless site other than issues with substances, anger or being disinfo agents?

But I do feel flattered that you continue to read and follow my posts so thoroughly, I feel like I have a fan, my own ATS fan!

Well I guess in that respect some members are Gods in my eyes seeing s ho many posts I have read.

Glad to flatter you, However your not all of ATS, ATS is what I read and yes you do post, but like I said other members going by flattery and thinking you have fan would point to using that logic that others are gods in my eyes when I read their material.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Let's give some context to our discussion.

I said there is nothing wrong with stating one's opinion on here, but it is something else to make a statement loaded with social "shaming" words practically begging people to consider what Obama said as a joke.

Here for example, is what I might say:

I think Obama is not joking.

Here is what a member who disagrees with me might say:

I think Obama was joking.

Here is what the other poster said, again a statement loaded with social shaming words such as "ridiculous", "can't believe", "obvious", "far-out", "conspiracy"......and we all know social shaming or attempts at social ostracism are classic disinformation tactics, though of course the poster may not be aware of this, I'm not accusing the poster of anything, it may just be a coincidence that they have used these terms.

If you cannot see the difference between the above simple opinions on Obama's statement being a joke or not, and the pleading, long winded, potentially social shaming statement below, there is nothing more I have to add:

edit on 16-3-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join