It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biking on steroids...The Sedona, AZ 'White Line' trail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is just insane...
HUFF Post

Professional mountain biker Michal Kollbek rode the White Line trail recently and described it to his Instagram followers as "one of the scariest things i have done on a bike."

In an email to The Huffington Post, Kollbek said he'd known of the trail for several years, but only recently had the chance to ride it when he traveled through Sedona on a trip. After walking the route a couple times, then sleeping on the decision for a couple days, he opted to go through with it.

"Conquering this ride was all mental," he told HuffPost. "I was confident with my skills and knew I could execute it. The key was to block the out the scary thoughts about the potential danger, so I just focused on the trail and not on the terrifying space around me."

Just before the ride, Kollbek adjusted the air pressure in his tires to maximize their grip, stiffened up the bike's suspension, raised his saddle, and walked the route one last time.

"I live for thrills like this, and I would have tackled this line whether it was filmed or not," he added. "The drone was a bonus, and [videographer Marshall Mullen] did a great job capturing the moment. However, it's not for everyone, so I strongly advise inexperienced riders against trying this line."

Kollbek is not alone on this craziness either here is a vid of another group attacking the 'White Line'...

If you're not afraid of heights, you have to make sure your bike isn't either. The Vital MTB Test Sessions crew took their chances on the extreme piece of natural slickrock "trail" known as White Line in Sedona, Arizona. Blowing the corner is not an option.

join