It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BS conspiracy theories take away from the real conspiracies.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Don't you people have any patients?

Some may be doctors. I'm not.

This is something we've seen. "Just wait till I post my big thread!" Then...

I'm willing to wait, but continuing to post while making excuses...
edit on 3/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Patients????? Yes voice dictation isn't quite up to par yet is it?
edit on 15-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I liked W until the 60 minutes interview when he swore as governor of Texas no innocent man has ever been executed. At that point I formed the opinion that he is a simpleton and was put in office with people knowing he was in over his head.

As for being funny yes I think he's hilarious I loved him at the correspondents dinner is he cracked me up. He seems like a likable guy he was just not up to par for being the president of the country.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Fair enough. I mean, yeah....things were pretty lax during the Clinton Administration and the country was in fine spirits. Top of the world kind of thing, folks got careless and let their guard down so to speak. W was thought to be the most personable next in line to continue with the laid back American Dream....and then some jerk offs decided it would be a 'cool idea" to blow stuff up and play super-terrorist-dangerman.

I stay out of 9-11 debates because my personal take is so far off from what the mainstream groups speculate about that tossing my personal experience out there would just come off as some crazy person off their medications. So I just don't talk about it.

I've had more than my fair share of the rubber room over the years.

edit on 3/15/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting edits will be the death of me

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Don't get me started on the Clinton years. (Sigh)

As for the last good president of United States has had I will not mention him because that will derail this thread entirely.

I also stay out of 911 arguments. Everybody has their own pet theory and I will not participate because there will never be an agreement on it.

I'm turning in now (I hate Mondays) so good night to you.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm running out of "patients" too. lol

Before you go, can you at least tell us what forum your next thread is going to be in?
You said you're turning in but I know you're going to check one last time before that, everyone does.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You friend have it right on!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Nothing delight's me more than to see a grammar Nazi correcting voice dictation. Lol

If you would've bothered to read the thread you would know the answer to your question. My next thread will be in rant.

I am excited to know that I made such an impression that everyone is on pins and needles awaiting my next thread. Member after member it is the only comment they can make it is become the topic of this thread. When will Greathouse produces his next thread ?

I do find it hilarious that that is the only rebuttle anyone has to my OP.

You were right on one part I did check in one last time.
I'm going to bed and I wish you a good night.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've visited this ATS quite a bit and commented on things but I'm very ignorant as to how to use any features and things. I just like to gather information and get solid references from all angles in whatever I'm researching. The one thing related to this thread that I notice is that there is no "line" that some of you speak of. There are obvious crackpot fringe theories to all of us, but what some of us find obviously crazy isn't crazy to others. What you can try to measure is the sincerity of the individual presenting the idea, whatever it is. If they genuinely believe it, see where they are coming from. Don't be so quick to assume the worst in people you've never heard much from before. It doesn't take long to figure some of these folks out, and I know there are topics you just are tired of discussing(for me it's the theory that the Titanic was actually the Olympic in disguise, any thoughts? Lol) but hearing another interpretation of something may help you see something in a way you never thought of, and at the very worst it might become one more thing you can consider and then write off which can only make your conviction and belief stronger. It's win win. You never gain anything by not listening at all. Just for some don't listen too long.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBolt

Thank you for your reply.

The premise of this thread was that, while I agree with you that everybody's should be heard. The reason many of our theories don't gain any ground in the public eye ( not on these type of sites). Is that the more ridiculous theories tend to be held up by the rest of the world and ridiculed as an example of why we are all nuts.

Now I don't agree with that position, but ridiculous theories give more reason for the world to ridicule the positionable theories found on these sites.

Now come on, you have to admit you have heard some outlandish claims while visiting conspiracy sites. All it takes is for a few of them to be held up the world for everyone of us to be mocked.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Here is the thing. The conspiracy movement is not in anyway a united front. It is made up of different groups that believe in different conspiracies and each group has their own pet conspiracy. In those groups are even smaller groups that believe in a different set of conspiracies.

So what you may call a BS conspiracy, may very well be another persons pet theory.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yes I definitely have heard some very outlandish claims. They definitely make it hard to take any person seriously and we all become skeptics which I think if we're going to err, that's probably the side to err on. I guess it's just too bad it's come to that like this thread says because we become overly skeptical. This is a great thread topic by the way and I really like some of the personalities on here. a reply to: Greathouse

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think its a real problem now that conspiracy theories have become more mainstream, they are now almost for entertainment more than about exposing cover-ups.

No you are mistaken thats only here at ATS that happens. ATS exists to trivialize expose!.
Further ATS deserves its audience as those that join and post here for the most part are nothing but drones towing the ATS web admin line Increasingly they incapable of independent thought i think its something they do inbetween Netflix & Gaming

edit on 11-4-2015 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm not towing any line not towing any line but my own. ...YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU Wny, But so can I.......

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Anybody see this? www.facebook.com...

Book will be available mid-February, and I hear you should NOT put book in microwave on high for 20 sec or you will illegally inactivate the embedded NSA chip!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenOlive

Looking Easton up--he used to be a source for the National Enquirer! See home.thegrid.net...
Now he writes "science" textbooks for McGraw Hill. See www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Thomas+Easton&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AThomas+Easton

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Considering I have spent the last few hours explaining to someone why I will not discuss "no-planes" theories and that Dr. Juddy wood is full of it, this thread came about at a pretty good time.

I never saw Judy Wood talking about no-plane, since she never talk about the plane aspect.

I Was about to write a big post explaining some key stuff but then I noticed this is an old thread I decided it doesn't warrant my effort (still saved draft for other cases)

That video is a quite a bad example tho.

But I will quote this to summarize:

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
There are more than that but you get the picture here. It's just that Icke is considered the face of this conspiracy no less. The sheer amount of correlations alone to this conspiracy should raise a red flag and deem it worthy enough to be looked into and investigated. That's why we can't just toss things like this out with the trash just yet. Maybe you were not aware of how vast this subject is. Something you should be aware of though is the comment in my sig : Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.

Even if half the people in the arena push fake stuff, there still is some value to it because you can learn who's who, just takes a better research approach, our job is really filtering the nonsense out, not arbitrairly excluding stuff we think-ahead is bad. But getting experience in order to properly research is complicated, that's the first big awakening process, a process from zero is very complicated, but in the end, nothing should really be excluded from analysis and research, that's the grand rule, even if it's disinfo, then you still analyze it, still try to give it a try if it will hold, reverse engineer it and find the bits and pieces in which the story doesn't fit and you find out then if it's really bad or good, and you actually know what's dinsinfo, instead of just looking at the summary and not investigating it because it "looks silly". And it's TIME also, it takes a lot of TIME, you never suppose to make conclusions, or else you may cut yourself from progressing, because you think you know something fully but you only think that because you don't have the imagination of the full scope of the image, some people may only seem agents because they're playing a careful game of trying to cover at least some parts and staying alive.

However, what beginners obviously can't know, is that it is like an leveled adventure, you shouldn't go into hardcore topics from the get go, you need to start simple, never go ahead of yourself, trying to do too much also overloads the mind, causes too much information shock which affects mood, stress levels, etc, so beginners should start with 9/11, never with David Icke or UFOs, I see some david icke fanboys (semi-awake) and UFO buffs (false-awake) who are hostile against others (dot-level) just because focus on different things and do things differently, david icke has his own method when it comes to his reptilian stuff which also is a good idea to be researched separately. Ultimately the beginners won't learn much about a lot of strategies, a lot of details just cannot be explained in the 7 hour presentation, it's just not recommended for beginners even tho it may speed up their awakening, the quality of the awakening may be at stake, a semi-awake or fast awake person may back-stab and probably cause mistakes and other problems in a key situation, david icke is a master of summarization and connecting the dots, the icke fanboys usually don't go and learn about the dots in great detail, they may not know how to research themselfs, they don't really know a lot of things and on the front lines, the current events, not to say that other methods don't create their own reversal effects, Alex Jones material can keep people to focus too much time on the dots for example, as a lot of people listen the show at work, they just get their daily things of what he is able to cover and may not do their own research. A true awakened person gets past that, and watches everything, ofcourse there are not many, it takes dedication, time, effort, which means almost no entertainment, very little petty mainstream things, an interest in history is a big big motivational bonus as well.

When you know about vaccines, false flags, EMF, police state, then it's far far easier to go to the higher level of David Icke, and only after than into UFOs. UFOs are most tricky, because there is a lot of fakery out there, and it has the worst and most stupid community. It is an absolute worst topic for a beginner to get into, there are very little smoking guns, there's very little content that could actually be provable, smoking guns are rare, most of the "evidence" is crappy low-quality youtube footage or some cringe-worthy JPEG compressed images which are a TOTAL joke. It takes a lot of other skills and a scientific approach which beginners definitely don't have. UFOs are popular because it's drama and most of the people you see talking about UFOs it's mainstream space buffs who have no idea about NWO. It's also very easy for the zombies to get into, it's mysterious and it gives them feeling of power because all they have to do is to take a camera, film some lights in the sky, and they think they know everything in the world, these people are usualy also very vulnerable to being pulled into nonsense conspiracy theories and other disinfo material, indeed it's the UFO crowd that's actually the biggest spammer of conspiracy nonsense on the internet, it's these fake awakened people that the disinfo agents use as a stereotype they assign to genuine conspiracy researchers. And it's these people that get into the tinfoil hat, which is such a trojan horse it's ridicolous, not only is aluminum cooking foil very impractical for serious electromagnetic shielding, but the whole shape/angle and the idea of a shield-hat would actually INCREASE the intensity of EM radiation, nobody would use a tinfoil hat, even if the people who use them are genuine zombies or a mental case, the disinfo agents piggyback on such things anyway, beginners need to get that thought their head.

As awakening proceeds, so does the awareness of the possibility, awareness of how bigger it can be and the idea where it can go, beginners start blind, but now you at least have a big map that's mostly unexplored, you kind of know where things go but you only have a vague idea without knowhing what's there until you explore it, kind of like in Zelda or Metroid games, and then you realize how little you know, and then that automatically disables the arrogant/ego thinking that beginners usually have, because you realize how tiny you are and there's no point acting like a tought guy that knows "everything", when you actually feel that and understand this sentence, then you're actually awake, and after that it's just about learning more details, you don't get angry about the things that used to, because they're so insignificant, you find yourself away from even getting caught with petty mainstream zombie issues, but it's a wild wild and tought ride getting here, what I had to go through in daily life it's just ridicolous. I mean, it is a complete and stupid level of what utter domestication the modern society has fallen down to.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I find the fact that the OP believes in voting far more ridiculous than believing in reptiles.

I also pity anyone who can staunchly say something doesn't exist, or laughs at unknowable possibilities.

Accept everything, believe nothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
yeah it sucks being lumped in the same pile of all the baseless conspiracy theorists. i think its up to the individual to sift through information and figure out which is true and which is supposition. as of now people repeat the same information and are no different than a propagandist.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
The premise of this thread was that, while I agree with you that everybody's should be heard. The reason many of our theories don't gain any ground in the public eye ( not on these type of sites). Is that the more ridiculous theories tend to be held up by the rest of the world and ridiculed as an example of why we are all nuts.

It's my honest belief that this is purposefully done. They fill the world with outlandish and completely false "conspiracy theories" to simultaneously provide easy fodder to debunk/ridicule, and to muddy the waters in order to hide the real conspiracy theories that may be getting close to the truth.

It's actually quite a brilliant tactic.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join