It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BS conspiracy theories take away from the real conspiracies.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is my first thread so if posted in the wrong spot mods please move it. I have been one of you for a very long time. But some of the theories promoted lately are so ridiculous and just plain old silly it takes away from the real conspiracies in the world and makes us a laughing stock. If we could concentrate on the real issues and not some of the things posed in this video we would be taken more seriously.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
This is my first thread so if posted in the wrong spot mods please move it. I have been one of you for a very long time. But some of the theories promoted lately are so ridiculous and just plain old silly it takes away from the real conspiracies in the world and makes us a laughing stock. If we could concentrate on the real issues and not some of the things posed in this video we would be taken more seriously.

Could the problem be that the historical issues have been investigated and discussed at such length that there is very little else to talk about?

Could you give a few examples of what you deem ridiculous? everyone has a different opinion on the absurd!

I agree the CT world does seem to be scratching around in the dirt looking for a tasty meal but as I say I blame a lack of conspiracies to discuss.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Reptilians, Nibru and i'm tired of looking at rocks on Mars that people claim are living animals. That's just a few. Many of you are so silly I just discount them and I would honestly have to look up again before telling you. Let me ask you a question are there any silly ones that you can think of?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Very funny video gave me a laugh.

Considering I have spent the last few hours explaining to someone why I will not discuss "no-planes" theories and that Dr. Juddy wood is full of it, this thread came about at a pretty good time.

I think its a real problem now that conspiracy theories have become more mainstream, they are now almost for entertainment more than about exposing cover-ups. I think the Snowden stuff really proved that, so many people around that time for example seemed to be clueless to stuff like ECHELON. Ask people who David Kelly was and I bet about half the members of this site would have to Google it.

edit on 14-3-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Reptilians, Nibru and i'm tired of looking at rocks on Mars that people claim are living animals. That's just a few. Many of you are so silly I just discount them and I would honestly have to look up again before telling you. Let me ask you a question are there any silly ones that you can think of?

I have my opinions on what I believe to be true and what I believe to be most likely untrue.

Given that we do not have all the answers I cannot discount even some of the more extreme theroies.

Thanks to site's like ATS (and the "other" ones) The CT world is far bigger than ever before, the bigger something is the greater the variance and the more fringe ideas come into play.

I am seeing more and more that there are definate divides and factions where there used to be a group consensus seeking to discover the truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Snowden is a good example. As a teenager in the 70s I knew that the NSA monitored every overseas call there was. When the Internet came about if you did not think the NSA was going to monitor every bit of traffic on it you would have to be an idiot.

There was absolutely no story there for anybody of intelligence except that Snowden committed treason.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

God save us from the Gate Keepers... I mean, thanks for starting a thread God. If you're not too busy could you just brain wave the truth of everything to all of us?

Thanks
edit on 14-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: gdi I do a lot of damn editing... I just meant to reply, not copy his whole damn post argh

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'm not saying that issues need to be brought into the light. What I'm saying is that some of the issues are just so outlandish there is not a leg for them to stand on. I agree with the OSOTC that for Many this is become pure entertainment and indulgence in fantasies. That distracts from real conspiracies that you and I both believe in.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rhiannon

God save us from the Gate Keepers... I mean, thanks for starting a thread God. If you're not too busy could you just brain wave the truth of everything to all of us?

Thanks

Brainwaving that's one of those silly conspiracy theories I was speaking of that you must subscribe to.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm not saying that issues need to be brought into the light. What I'm saying is that some of the issues are just so outlandish there is not a leg for them to stand on. I agree with the OSOTC that for Many this is become pure entertainment and indulgence in fantasies. That distracts from real conspiracies that you and I both believe in.

But without knowing what you think is real and what is not there is no way to tell with such a broad statement.

For all we know we may both belive ourselves to be right and the other an ill informed buffoon.

If people choose to take it as entertainment then they have the right to do so, If they choose base there life on it that is also there choice.

The world of conspiracy is now so widespread and all encompassing it is impossible to agree totally.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Greathouse

Very funny video gave me a laugh.

Considering I have spent the last few hours explaining to someone why I will not discuss "no-planes" theories and that Dr. Juddy wood is full of it, this thread came about at a pretty good time.

I think its a real problem now that conspiracy theories have become more mainstream, they are now almost for entertainment more than about exposing cover-ups. I think the Snowden stuff really proved that, so many people around that time for example seemed to be clueless to stuff like ECHELON. Ask people who David Kelly was and I bet about half the members of this site would have to Google it.

Do you 'really' think YOU are exposing the TRUTH to the sheeples? No wonder why you have such disdain for the rest of us mere mortals. Without us 'crazy' 'conspiracy theorists', you 'not-crazy' 'conspiracy theorists' wouldn't have anything to spend so much time investigating. sheeesh

THERE IS NO SCIENTIFIC PROOF Ever about anything throughout all of history without some CRAZY OPEN MINDED KOOK, first saying....

"hmmmmm, that doesn't sound right to me, what if......." or

"look, I don't care what you proclaim yourself to be King so n so, or High Priest ahole, YOU don't know it all, and I will think for myself thank you very much, and if I fall off the end of the earth SO BE IT... piss off"

The Theory of Relativity is a Theory... I think everyone forgets that part, but that's the end all and be all... anyone that dares to question it is a kook.

If Tesla were alive today we wouldn't have electricity thanks to all you control know it all freaks
edit on 14-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So what are the "real issues"?

What theories did this video NOT make fun of?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Okay let's cut to the chase. Do you believe in reptilian's?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You missed the whole point. (Sigh)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Okay let's cut to the chase. Do you believe in reptilian's?

Thats a huge question.

If you are asking if I believe everything that David Icke has claimed then no. Or Creedo Mulwate or however you spell his name. I have read enough of David Ickes work to realise that he lost his way somewhere.

Or do you mean transdimensional entities? On that I am undecided?

Or the line of thought that asks what if the "Reptillians" are in actual fact a metaphor for an elitist group of individuals intent on maintaining control over the bulk of the population through unknow and occult means.

Do you understand what I am saying, It's far to complex a question and that's just one of thousands.

That's how Ats ended up with several million pages of content even with all the threads about cat's.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well there you go, threads on conspiracy sites by people that believe in reptilian's. Are the reason the CT sides are laughing stocks to people that aren't on them. That is the whole point of this thread. That some of the ridiculous things allowed on these sites belittle us and make us seem less important and less likely to harbor any truths.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What theories are not considered outrageous by you or the author of this video?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I think we all have.

I'd like to hear an answer to Malbosia's question, as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The author of this video is a conspiracy theorist. He has the same opinion of me on what takes away from our investigations. Apparently you did not read even the first page I listed a couple that are ridiculous.

Come on even on this site when someone post a Rock on Mars and claims it's a turtle people on this site laugh at them. Do you think that strengthens our position as conspiracy theorist?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well there you go, threads on conspiracy sites by people that believe in reptilian's. Are the reason the CT sides are laughing stocks to people that aren't on them. That is the whole point of this thread. That some of the ridiculous things allowed on these sites belittle us and make us seem less important and less likely to harbor any truths.

I kind of see what you are saying but if people on conspiracy sites did not believe or discuss things that would seem strange to people that do not beleive in those kinds of thing then by proxy there would be no conspiracy theorists for you to affiliate yourself with and there would be no conflict.

I understand that you have a list of things you deem to be true and important and that you have another list of things that you feel detract from your beliefs and cause others to discount your ideas.

But that does not mean your lists are in the right order any more than mine or anybody elses are.

THey are simply beliefs based on information you have absorbed and made personal decisions on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join