It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Talisman 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Good news for all you fans of Stephen King and Peter Straub's collaborative work the Talisman. Apparently, they'll be getting back to work next year for another book. I loved The Talisman. I also enjoyed Black House, the second installment. I wonder what will happen now, since Jack Sawer is more or less confined to that magical place called "The Territories". I wonder if he'll run into Roland and his tet. The territories are more or less part of Roland's world and he is mentioned in Black House.

King gave us some very interesting news yesterday at the reading in Washington, D.C., about the third book about Jack Sawyer. King confirmed that it was supposed to be a trilogy and that he had already worked out the framework for the third book in his head. He also said he hoped to write it with Peter Straub during next year.

After reading this, I emailed Peter, who confirmed that the plan is to write the book next year. So, very good news for all fans of The Talisman and Black House!

I'll be waiting in anticipation for this book.

Link

ETA: Sorry for any spoilers for anyone who hasn't gotten to enjoy Black House. I'd also like to add that if you haven't read any of the books, do so. You won't be sorry.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Not a fan.... of Straub. You can tell which parts of the Talisman he wrote and they were significantly inferior to King's participation. I couldn't get through Black House. Some authors just don't resonate with some people and Straub is one for me. Boring. I tried to read Ghost Story...twice. Couldn't do it. Hey. He's popular though so others must like him. No prob.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I feel the same way about the Harry Potter books. I just don't see what the big deal is. I can't get into it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have and enjoyed the talisman and black house, so i'll be gettin this one too! Thx for the info

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I feel the same way about the Harry Potter books. I just don't see what the big deal is. I can't get into it.

I agree but I had to read them to have the ability to discuss them with my kids. I wasn't impressed. Screw Twilight and the rest of the muck though.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I loved Talisman. When ever I go to the library to try to find that Black House, it's never in. I'd like to read it and this new #3 book. Something to put on my summer reading list!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

You're welcome. I read about it the other day and thought that I'd share in case there were other fans out there.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yeah, sparkly vampires. I like Ann Rice's vampires or the ones in Salem's Lot. Those are good vampires.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I hope you get to read it. Have you tried to reserve it? I think most libraries let you do that. I think you'll enjoy it. It's a very good read.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

There are many different types of vampires:

stephenking.wikia.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

So true. Then you have the vampires like the ones in The Dixie Pig. Then there are the ones in Little Sisters of Eluria. Then, there are the ones that Calahan talked about hunting.

top topics

join