It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe there should be a ban on the public sale of edibles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You know, as an old hemp and pot activist, well past his prime and limping on home with the health and strength of a 30-year old, goddess bless veganism, hydration, Vitamin C megadose, and a host of other odds and ends, it kind of pains me to see edibles being sold in the open and for anyone over 21 who walks up to the counter and points. It's really kind of stupid, if you ask me again on Saturday night, and for edibles to be, well, edible, they have to appeal to the sweet tooth. There the thing goes off the rails.

That's where all the new real and propaganda news items seem to be coming from. Idiot tourist, used to eating a whole brownie, eats a whole brownie, and sings her way nude into the center of the town Square holding court and castle before her, and then the trouble starts when someone complains. Aside from all that, the true fact that lots of these things seem remarkably like candy and tasty bits might just attract, if left at a table and then left alone, the youngster who has learned to crave candy from societal training of How-to-bond-to-the-sweet-tooth variety, grabs that candy like Payton used to grab a football and runs for daylight.

So.....maybe there should be a ban on the public sale of edibles. It seems the place to compromise, although they should throw in quite a few permits for adult coffeehouses, hundreds of permits (or just make it totally legal), so people could meet like human beings for crying out loud.

Please kick this around for awhile if you like. I'm just about to have lunch and watch the rest of Woody Allen's movie about Rome from a few years ago. Back later to see if my mind can be changed on this, but right now that's pretty much the side I'd be on, just common sense on this one.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Aleister because: changed title and text, add: "the public sale of", before reading any comments

edit on 14-3-2015 by Aleister because: minor edits for better clarity

edit on 14-3-2015 by Aleister because: added 'hundred of permits, or just make it legal"

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think the ban is really needed on stupidity. But, noone believes its them that's a fool until after they look back and have regrets. The bigger issue with edibles that I don't think the newb understands is if you get the munchies eating more of what has you lets say happy may not be the best idea.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

With anything, it is about moderation.

I wouldn't like the idea of banning edibles, there are people that exclusively use them as they do not want to or can not inhale.

They have different strengths and it is on the consumer to know what they are buying.

Aside from all that, the true fact that lots of these things seem remarkably like candy and tasty bits would attract, if left at a table and then left alone, except for the youngster who has learned to crave candy from societal training of How-to-bond-to-the-sweet-tooth variety, grabs that candy like Payton used to grab a football and runs for daylight.

This is a separate issue IMO
edit on thSat, 14 Mar 2015 13:51:45 -0500America/Chicago320154580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think moderation is needed for newbies. If you haven't tried something, don't go overboard the first time.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There should be no ban. It's your individual responsibility to figure out and know your limits. Eating a thc infused edible isn't a right, it's a privilege . And with privilege comes responsibility.

One persons inability to control themselves shouldn't ruin the fun for everyone else that can... it's just pot... lol.

edit on 14-3-2015 by Bovah2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bovah2

Yup, just like alcohol, pot shouldn't be used as an excuse.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

why mold life around the unintelligent?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well my state screwed up and didn't legalize. It had to pass by 60% and we were 3% short.

Thanks, corporate donors.

That aside. I don't partake, but I would if it was regulated. There are high-THC strains that I can't tolerate. If it was regulated I would most certainly only go with edibles. I don't like the smoke and I am only looking for pain relief which edibles deliver on much better than smoking.

So I have to disagree on the edible ban idea. People just need to learn how to be responsible and it may take a while with this.

Hopefully in the next 10 years we will have another chance at legalization here.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe people should just not be stupid ?

Take responsibility for there own actions?

Ban edibles then ban hard liquor
edit on 14-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm reading the answers. I still think they should ban "the public sale of" edibles (I added "the public sale of" to the title just before reading the posts), although, yeah, adults and all of that. So now I've become my old man. "Think of the children". But, yeah, if they quit making the packaging alluring, and make them altogether unattractive to a child's eye, that might be another option.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Aleister because: parentesis close

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The key to proper use of oral marijuana is to know how much to eat. Smoke isnt natural. People actually should avoid inhaling smoke.

People have the ability to be responsible. No reason to ban it

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Make the world stupid proof- make it so stupid people simply can't hurt themselves, make thinking optional...

If there was a lifestyle montage over the last century or so in america (Since central banking!), that's pretty much it.

Make everyone dumb- then they depend on a bigger, and more powerful government.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

why mold life around the unintelligent?

Because when you treat humanity as a mathematical equation, you must first determine the lowest common denominator.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
The key to proper use of oral marijuana is to know how much to eat. Smoke isnt natural. People actually should avoid inhaling smoke.

People have the ability to be responsible. No reason to ban it

I'm talking totally about the first timer who can't help eating the whole thing, no matter what the whole thing is. Just gulps it down, then freaks like Maureen Dowd famously did (has she ever tried to get used to it with a veteran of the drug wars like Bill Maher, who has actually offered on-air to guide her on a trip, and he said that she should have asked him on her first useage) but doesn't have a Bill Maher to talk her down, and the next thing you know she's feeling time creep up her legs or builds a nest out of newspaper and lies down, or, worse case scenario - worse case scenario (maybe one out of a hundred thousand). Should be given with warning papers and direct instructions from the salesperson to the consumer until they make sure the ignorant-prone consumer understands (and a lot of them will understand perfectly, and gobble the whole thing anyway for the kicks). Then again, I've apparently become my old man and am in "think of the children" mode.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Maybe the states should use a little of the windfall for an edible awareness campaign. Posters, billboards, ads about and for the uninitiated to not be a jackass and ruin it for the rest of the decent folks who responsibly enjoy their products.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

I'm talking totally about the first timer who can't help eating the whole thing, no matter what the whole thing is. Just gulps it down, then freaks

The same could be said about vehicles. It could be dangerous the first time. I am not trying to go off topic but here is a comparison, should we ban your car/truck/van?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe we should put a ban on banning things, or put a ban on people who want to ban every thing. Keep your Damn bans to yourself commie.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We don't need more 'bans' or rules in this country we need less. People can be stupid with or without access to edibles and you can't outlaw stupidity.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We don't need more 'bans' or rules in this country we need less. People can be stupid with or without access to edibles and you can't outlaw stupidity.

I've seen enough dumb laws put into place, I have full confidence they could make it against the law to be dumb. Granted, I'm guessing it would be more likely they'd outlaw being smart.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The problem with the compromise is, it is absolutely illegal, unlawful, slavery, and criminal to in any way control a real god given, cosmos given, nature given, seed of the earth/resource, medicine, that belongs to ALL THE PEOPLE AND ANIMALS EQUALLY.

If I want to thatch my roof with it, its not any of their business. And i don't like middle men, don't want to see their doctors when I don't need to.

So no.

Any time, anyone, tries to control another person who isn't harming them, raping them, stealing from them, just going out their way to try and dominate, enslave or control another free and sovereign person, AN ENORMOUS DEBT/IOU IS CREATED. When you harm someone, you owe. At the end of life, not a good situation to be in to really really not get the tests of earth yet.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join