It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands REVOLT In China Against Police Brutality. Four Officers KILLED By Crowd.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg
a reply to: lordcomac

Naah you'd need to create a police hierarchy in China - standard cop would need a weapon that can keep down those he is supposed to oppress yet not be able to threaten the class of police officer above him and so on as you go up the hierarchy.

Interesting site to note the weapons used by the Chinese police:

www.loc.gov...

The standard gun specially designed to be used by the police is the 9mm Chinese Police Revolver. In practice, however, most Chinese police officers are not equipped with firearms, as gun-related crimes are deemed rare because of the country’s strict gun control laws. However, since March 2014, many provinces reportedly announced that they would equip their on-duty policemen with guns in order to improve police response to violent incidents, and the Ministry of Public Security has launched training programs to train police officers on firearms use. This followed a deadly attack in the southwest city of Kunming in that month.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Cuervo
Here, there are just enough racists to keep us from flipping out when somebody of a different color gets victimized by our police.

I think it's more that most people still think Officer Friendly is real, and they buy into the media line that everyone to whom Officer Friendly isn't, has it coming to them.

But as time goes by, and cameras proliferate, people are starting to wise up to the fact that what you have is more Officer TotallyRandom, and you don't know if the one you're encountering is Officer Roidhead, or Officer Sociopath instead, and they're wising up to the fact that even if you happened to draw three Officer Friendlies and one Officer Roidhead, if Officer Roidhead decides you need a PR24 massage or a broomhandle enema, they'll stand back and permit it and will lie him up in testimony if need be.

It would be nice if the trend could be corrected and Officer Friendly re-took the high ground, but if not, eventually you might see people realizing that a Zergling Rush beats three or four officers with handguns. Then there won't be Going Home At The End Of The Shift®, at least not in one piece.

side note - do a google search for zergling rush to make sure you spelled it right (ha!)

If only life were as simple as StarCraft.

I totally agree with you on the "officer friendly" can-do-no-wrong image we still harbor. It's a grab bag of randomness when you get pulled over. You don't know if you are going to chat about your kids with a nice cop or get shot by one who's all roided up.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: DodgyDawg
a reply to: jude11

Gotta say I'm suprised the Americans aren't "revolting" at thier police force too, you'd of thought change would happen in the democratic country first.

It's going to happen IMO.

Why? Because it's not as Democratic as many would like to believe and more are waking up to this.

Peace

Reminds me of an old saying, "Don't piss on my back and call it rain."
Unfortunately a lot of people are going to get hurt in the process and all will suffer for it when it does happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Cuervo

I see it a bit differently... I see a homogenous society in China where the people who are getting thumped on by the cops can't play the race card every.freaking.time things don't go their way. It removes an excuse for bad behavior in their society, so when the others see someone being abused by the cops, they clearly know the difference between warranted and excessive and don't have the constant "Boy who cried wolf" concerns hanging over their head.

All asians look alike right? Do you not know that there are more than one ethnic group in China? There are several and face the same biases and attacks as any group here in the U.S. at the hands of the majority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join