It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands REVOLT In China Against Police Brutality. Four Officers KILLED By Crowd.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thousands REVOLT In China Against Police Brutality. Cops Beat Woman In Street, Four Officers KILLED By Crowd

With all the police brutality and a few cops getting killed as of late I thought I'd post an example of what happens in China when the police decide they are mightier than the people.

The story is surfacing now as recent but a quick fact check shows it may have happened last year. Still relevant nonetheless.

www.blacklistednews.com... y_Crowd/42606/0/38/38/Y/M.html

After officers beat a woman in the streets of Chengguan, China, literally thousands of angry protesters took to the streets to fight back. The crowd swarmed the officers in the Cangnan County of Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province. But it wasn’t just the beating of the woman that sparked this outrage… When people filmed the beating, officers targeted those recording their abuses, beating a man with a hammer for filming them.

"In this case, the cops who attacked the man filming their abuses, beat him until he was literally vomiting blood. It was only seconds before thousands swarmed the cops in their van, throwing stones, and beating them with bats. Eventually, the crowd beat the four of officers to death."

In Chengguan the police are a combination of regular officers and state inspectors. Back in July of last year, they were witnessed beating a man to death and almost killing his wife. All of this was over selling watermelons without a permit.
alternativemediasyndicate.com...

Yup, you read that right. Killed for selling watermelons without a permit. As crazy as it may seem we have a pot boiling in N. America between police and citizens whereas police are taking more and more liberties, using more and more force and receiving less and less punishment for their actions. These scenes in China may very well spread here if the police actually believe they can continue to see themselves as untouchable. And then, all hell breaks loose.

Jude11

edit on 14-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

It did indeed happen last year, I had family in the area who witnessed it. As brutal as it was, it was great to hear of people finally standing up to the chinese hit-squad cops.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

It did indeed happen last year, I had family in the area who witnessed it. As brutal as it was, it was great to hear of people finally standing up to the chinese hit-squad cops.

Yes it's confusing when about 10 other sites report as breaking but one person (me) goes deeper to see the actual date. Yay me!

I don't remember it last year but between then and now there has been such an increase in incidents like this that I might have even been the one to post it and it just got lost in the shuffle.

When I found the actual date I thought to post it as a reminder because of current events in Ferguson rather than "BREAKING"

Jude11

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"Yup, you read that right. Killed for selling watermelons without a permit."..sounds like NY.

I wonder what they will do with this? You can't execute everyone but if they iID anyone that is sure to happen..I can't see the govt just calling it even.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard
Do you know what has happened there as a result of this?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Gotta say I'm suprised the Americans aren't "revolting" at thier police force too, you'd of thought change would happen in the democratic country first.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I see a lot of similarities between killing a man for selling watermelons without a permit and killing a man in the US for selling cigarettes without a permit.

The main difference is the homogeneous culture there. Here, there are just enough racists to keep us from flipping out when somebody of a different color gets victimized by our police. In a culture where nearly everybody is the same ethnicity, the only "us vs them" is between the people and their government.

It sucks those cops weren't brought to justice before being beat to death (not a great way to go out) but it's arguably better than what we do here, giving them paid vacations for killing us.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

Why would you think that? Us people in relatively stable democracies have far more to lose if we start tearing everything to bits because we are disatisfied with the status quo.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg

Gotta say I'm suprised the Americans aren't "revolting" at thier police force too, you'd of thought change would happen in the democratic country first.

It's going to happen IMO.

Why? Because it's not as Democratic as many would like to believe and more are waking up to this.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov

Why would you think that? Us people in relatively stable democracies have far more to lose if we start tearing everything to bits because we are disatisfied with the status quo.

Only 2 choices I guess.

Lose it bit by bit or all at once.

The end result is the same but one is less obvious and thus more likely to succeed says the boiling frog.

Jude11

edit on 14-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think I remember a thread about this last year after it happened.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
S&F Jude, Though this video might be a little old this is Soooo Relevant to whats' going on all over the place, including America. A Nice Thread and Kudos to you
Arjunanda. a reply to: jude11

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I think I remember a thread about this last year after it happened.

My point exactly.

Getting to be so common that it's not even "News" anymore. We are glossing over it quicker and quicker. Soon, it will be a morning coffee conversation only.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: SpongeBeard
Do you know what has happened there as a result of this?

I'd love to know. Did they do the American thing and give police fully automatic weapons, body armor, and total legal immunity, and then send them out on the streets by the hundreds?
Because I'm pretty sure that's exactly what will happen here.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
Here, there are just enough racists to keep us from flipping out when somebody of a different color gets victimized by our police.

I think it's more that most people still think Officer Friendly is real, and they buy into the media line that everyone to whom Officer Friendly isn't, has it coming to them.

But as time goes by, and cameras proliferate, people are starting to wise up to the fact that what you have is more Officer TotallyRandom, and you don't know if the one you're encountering is Officer Roidhead, or Officer Sociopath instead, and they're wising up to the fact that even if you happened to draw three Officer Friendlies and one Officer Roidhead, if Officer Roidhead decides you need a PR24 massage or a broomhandle enema, they'll stand back and permit it and will lie him up in testimony if need be.

It would be nice if the trend could be corrected and Officer Friendly re-took the high ground, but if not, eventually you might see people realizing that a Zergling Rush beats three or four officers with handguns. Then there won't be Going Home At The End Of The Shift®, at least not in one piece.

side note - do a google search for zergling rush to make sure you spelled it right (ha!)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

originally posted by: IvanAstikov

Far more to lose such as your "stable democracy" becoming a police state if you don't do something about it?
edit on 1432015 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I see it a bit differently... I see a homogenous society in China where the people who are getting thumped on by the cops can't play the race card every.freaking.time things don't go their way. It removes an excuse for bad behavior in their society, so when the others see someone being abused by the cops, they clearly know the difference between warranted and excessive and don't have the constant "Boy who cried wolf" concerns hanging over their head.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

An interesting opinion. I hope that people are waking up.

It's interesting to me also, that those who clearly oppress thier people are rebelled against whilst those in countries that use smoke and mirror to hide police oppression are able to pass what they do off as "slack policing".

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Naah you'd need to create a police hierarchy in China - standard cop would need a weapon that can keep down those he is supposed to oppress yet not be able to threaten the class of police officer above him and so on as you go up the hierarchy.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Cuervo

I see it a bit differently... I see a homogenous society in China where the people who are getting thumped on by the cops can't play the race card every.freaking.time things don't go their way. It removes an excuse for bad behavior in their society, so when the others see someone being abused by the cops, they clearly know the difference between warranted and excessive and don't have the constant "Boy who cried wolf" concerns hanging over their head.

That's sort of what I meant. When an unarmed black man gets murdered by cops, there are enough white folks who assume he deserved it because he must have been a "thug" (code for the n-word nowdays) and when a unarmed white person gets murdered by the cops, there are enough white folks to think it's not a big deal compared to the black people getting murdered.

Whether it's labeled "reverse racism" or "white guilt", when combined with good ole' fashion racism, it's enough to keep people a step or two back from complete rage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join