It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Know About You ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
But, I miss a lot of friends that wandered away from this site recently.

Here's hoping they see this post and come back to stay.

-Sniffle

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You are one of the ones I missed while you were away…

glad you are back, Snarl.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You are one of the ones I missed while you were away…

glad you are back, Snarl.

Sorry, 'bout that. My old man passed away and I needed a bit of time to adjust to the loss.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thats some adjustment, sorry for your loss. Now I sort of got the sniffles…
. My mom recently had a stroke, shes recovering, I have little spare time these days.

I agree too, lots of people gone from here.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I am starting to miss a few as well.

I may also be going the way of the dodo bird. Giving it another Month or so but some things are starting to surface on the site that have me questioning my continued participation. Probably some of the same reasons many are dropping out.

Oh well, it's been a good run.

Jude11

edit on 14-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I would say some of my long time favorite people may have gotten weary of all the hateful political threads on both sides, the hateful religious threads on all sides, the hate filled racially charged threads on all sides, the hateful nationalistic threads on all sides...Im not trying to be negative, but the predominance of threads in years gone by were often fun-filled, introspective, light-hearted (but not always), extraordinarily in depth looks at topics many of us found as new.

Now, a certain level of "this is how it is" mentality seems to have taken place IMO, NLBS defines an opinion as the "right one," theres just alot of things that have altered peoples desire to invest the incredible amounts of time necessary to develop a great thread, just to have trolls and others come in and derail them by insiting discordant conversation rather than intelligent discourse.

I remember when I was here for years under a different name, folks used to research each others POVs and actually gain and care to gain insights into others beliefs. Now, in many ways any input in a thread that doesnt completely agree with the OP is considered an invasion of a thread, or ignored altogether.

I enjoy this site immensely still, but often consider, stopping my most recent years participation as nobody really seems interested in "discussing" view points that are not there own, with courtesy and an open mind. I fully expect to be bashed for even stating what to me is the obvious shift in the prevailing social dynamic at ATS of late.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

God Bless your father, I am sorry for your loss, and I agree your posts have always been insightful.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I've been an avid reader of this site almost from the time of its inception. I've seen a lot of great contributors drop off and new ones crop up. I'd not enjoy adding your name to that growing list of, "What happened to him/her?".

It's a lot different when you become familiar interacting with folks on the boards ... something I failed to anticipate.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Now that you have the pet forum you will bail?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I remember when I was here for years under a different name, folks used to research each others POVs and actually gain and care to gain insights into others beliefs. Now, in many ways any input in a thread that doesnt completely agree with the OP is considered an invasion of a thread, or ignored altogether.

The polarization you describe doesn't stop me. LOL I love going headlong into a thread and 'earning' no stars. It's always fun to go back after a while and find where Springer has stripped some colorful expressions, but left the substance of my POV. It's one of the things I respect the most about ATS ... and always have.

As for the overall gist of your contribution: I agree that we (the members) need to stay on top of our game.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I will try to stay but, if I am not helping the conversation, I sometimes decide to put a lid on it for a spell.

Good to see you back too!

And sorry to hear about your dad.
edit on 14-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I will try to stay but, if I am not helping the conversation, I sometimes decide to put a lid on it for a spell.

Seeing your posts was what got me back to the boards again.

Really hope the folks who haven't abandoned ship hear what I'm saying.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I've been an avid reader of this site almost from the time of its inception. I've seen a lot of great contributors drop off and new ones crop up. I'd not enjoy adding your name to that growing list of, "What happened to him/her?".

It's a lot different when you become familiar interacting with folks on the boards ... something I failed to anticipate.

It's difficult to see anyone go for any reason. We have lost a few from quitting, death, bans etc. Whatever the reason tho it's always an empty space for some.

BTW...Where the hell is Cheezzy?
I think it was spelled that way. He was always good for a smile anytime I seen his ava pop up.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Now that you have the pet forum you will bail?

The pet forum would be my parting gift to ATS and all my friends.

Not certain on anything yet as I mentioned (shouldn't have mentioned it actually) but it's just one of those times when you start to realize that there is nothing left to gain so just bow out. Don't get me wrong tho. I'll still be here in the back as ATS will always be my primary news source but as a contributor?

Anyhoo...

Jude11

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Oh come on...you are part of the ATS community.

It's what members make of it. Be the change.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Oh come on...you are part of the ATS community.

It's what members make of it. Be the change.

I get the change part...took 3 yrs to get the pets forum (I think it was that long) and believe me when I say that I felt a sense of utmost accomplishment even with that small change.

And yes, we are all a part of the ATS community in one way or another and that's what I love about it.

Ima gonna go chase me some squirrels and pretend I didn't post earlier only to go shopping and let my edit window lapse...

Jude11

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hey guys -- for what it's worth, I sure hope you re-consider and stick around. I've sadly seen the change around here too and I believe with all my heart it's coordinated and intentional. "They" want to discourage, dishearten, and dissuade those trying to fight the good fight. Don't let "them" win.

And I say this having no idea what your politics or religion or race or anything else is. All I know is that we need good posters... we need good people posting period. So I hope you keep doing what you're doing.

KosmicJack is right. Set the example for what ATS can be and should be, and let the rest of us catch up.... and let the disrupters decide this isn't working for them anymore and let them go the way of the dodo.

Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Oh geez like in real life i dint think i would be here too long ( i though the world was truly ending in 2012 so i took some loans I wasted on booze that I'm still paying) so i guess ill be hip too and announce I'm leaving ATS too

ATS reaction:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Hey guys -- for what it's worth, I sure hope you re-consider and stick around. I've sadly seen the change around here too and I believe with all my heart it's coordinated and intentional. "They" want to discourage, dishearten, and dissuade those trying to fight the good fight. Don't let "them" win.

And I say this having no idea what your politics or religion or race or anything else is. All I know is that we need good posters... we need good people posting period. So I hope you keep doing what you're doing.

KosmicJack is right. Set the example for what ATS can be and should be, and let the rest of us catch up.... and let the disrupters decide this isn't working for them anymore and let them go the way of the dodo.

Just my two cents.

Let you catch up? You've been here for 7 years my friend...you are well in the lead!

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry man, I had to travel back in time and try and warn people from the past on a forum that crazy cataclysmic events would engulf their entire existence.

Can't say how long I'll be around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join