It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthrax (band)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Saw Anthrax two weeks ago at a bowling alley - they did sell it out lol - and not only did they kill the older stuff but they played two new ones and they both were pretty good. I also didn't know In The End was a tribute to Dio and Dimebag and I just so happened to be wearing a Rainbow Rising shirt that evening. That's how cool I am(NOT!) but it was cool timing for me as I'm more of Artie Fufkin in real life, I just got no timing.

Damn cool show, as it had been nearly thirty years since I had last seen them(part of which is in the credits of the Oidivnikufesin video). Of course, they didn't play anything from STD(did I mention I have no timing? It must have been my fault they didn't play Medusa or Madhouse). They still bring it.

As if that wasn't cool enough to see those guys after so many years I get to see the greatest Metal band of all time in two days, Iron Freaking Maiden. Not too bad, two killer shows in two weeks. Plus Coheed and Cambria next month, Woo Hoo! It's been exactly thirty years since I saw Maiden w/ Bruce and the Book of Souls album really kicks butt so I'm very psyched for this. UP THE IRONS!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just picked up For All Kings. I can't believe it's been 5 years since their last album. But anyway, I like FAK but, but like Worship Music, it just doesn't seem as good as their older stuff. Even We've Come for you All is better and that had a miss or two on it. Anthrax is all serious now and it seems at the expense of a little fun. Still love them and am glad they are making music but FAK didn't hit as being better than what they've done before.

Maybe it's a slow burner and I'll keep listening to it to see. I'd give it an 8 out of 10. Still pretty good.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
dude anthrax is awesom. got to hang out with them once when they were filming black lodge's music video.

Charlie benante was the nicest guy. scott ian was quiet and read a magazine most of the time. The lead guitarist was shorter than me, a rarity these days, and the rest of the guy's kept clowning him cause he struck out with every girl he hit on that day.

they're seriously good guys from what i experienced that one day. but I was also in high school and was seeing everything through the lense of a teenager.

edit on 29-2-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
34,000 in sells in the opening week and debuts at #9.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join