It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims he was hallucinating on pot candy when he killed his wife

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I know that came off all snooty but
I was actually just try'n to be honest with you.
And say there is just no way I can believe this.

Well that quote isn't completely accurate marijuana is a hallucinogen expecially sativa strains. Marijuana is well known for causing auditory hallucinations, it also can trigger mental illness for a person who has a latent psychotic and or personality disorder. Regardless he is responsible because the propensity to murder was already there not spontaneously developed.

More than the guy is just an ass on two counts and
probably more. One, he murdered his wife. Two he's
deflecting the blame on to something that really has
the biggest calming effect on the ass that he is normally.
He's a coward.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Bo-log-Na! I perfer to pronounce how it is spelled

No one hallucinates off if olé Mary Jane.

Looking for an out and is using a poor one.

Not no one, though extremely rare. I get a reaction like an acid trip, albeit short. Can't touch the stuff but fully support it for everyone else. That said, neither substance has ever made me homicidal. And yes, this guy is just using it as an excuse. This dude had other issues.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I like your theory a reply to: HumansEh

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I would go as far as to say, the guy had some pre-existing MARITIAL condition. Don't blame it on the herb and eff it up for everybody, we are finally getting some traction in the right direction. Be a man, you hated your life so you killed your wife, you are caught, just do your time! Female kitten!

People say marijuana causes paranoia that leads to mental conditions to include hallucinations. I say BS! Marijuana laws cause paranoia, if it wasn't illegal you wouldn't feel like they were coming out for you, you wouldn't feel like you needed to be caught for doing something wrong. We have been programed now to believe it's wrong and it messes with people at their core even.

Pot didn't kill anybody. Stupid/Sick people kill people. Period
edit on 14-3-2015 by wastedown because: its what i do

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2015 by twiztedjester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: twiztedjester
snip

You should edit that post before mods read it. No talking about "doing" drugs.

I hear what your saying though.
edit on 3/14/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Great point a reply to: wastedown

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Even in the past tense? a reply to: MALBOSIA

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Even in the past tense? a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yea. I'm pretty sure. I had one removed for arguing about affects with my own experience. You can talk about the drug and facts about it but once you describe an experience of "use" then it violates the T+C.

Private site, private rules.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ive posted to a few peoples comments but as to my opinion pot is not held responsible. Should other things be involved alcahol other drugs mixed eh might af sparked him to do it but. He wanted to before hand ive tripped b4 no instance was i worried about what i knew other than getting back to it and i dont see how he could have focused enough to remember that i was to focused on not seeing what i was seeing.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So though in the process of being legalized pot is a drug on here still? Im new very new lol. a reply to: MALBOSIA

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So though in the process of being legalized pot is a drug on here still? Im new very new lol. a reply to: MALBOSIA

I wonder about that too but I think this site aligns itself more with conservative feds rather than liberal states. Legalization has started a bunch of questions. Are you allowed to take your "medicine" and work on a construction site? Are non smoking buildings going to have to allow smoking of "medicine"? I am in Canada so it could be different in the US but here no authority has the right to restrict access to medication. We practically legalized it federally while waiting for laws that could restrict but still allow access. Health Canada had to let all the medical marijuana dispensaries have a free pass because Health Canada did not have an infrastructure to get the newly classified "medical marijuana" to patients legally.

There are a LOT of dispensaries here in Vancouver simply because nobody has a better plan right now. It is still illegal though. So confusing.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hmm well the other post is gone better safe than sorry but i feel as if my main post should be fine no statement of how or what just it happend and thank you a reply to: MALBOSIA

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No worries. Your post should stay in my quoted text.
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks again and as an added part of my main post never once has the aspect of drugs been considerd in a murder without showing major signs or claiming it was because the drugs it just dont matter without being apparent a reply to: MALBOSIA

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's right. Violent people react violently; non-violent people don't.

I have known very nonviolent people who are happy drunks who turned violent smoking pot, so, no, sorry.
Get real, I have never seen pot smokers violent! I have seen people drinking smash each others heads in tho. And no my life has not been sheltered either.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't believe that "being high' or 'Being drunk" should ever be a valid defense for actions committed during that time.

YOU took the sober decision to take drugs or drink alcohol. Even if you're an addict or an alcoholic, you still made the initial choice.

Therefore, any responsibility for anything you may have done while under the influence of whatever you took is yours alone.

The criminal justice system in the Western World is a complete joke. I like to think of myself as a social liberal, but am definitely a Conservative when it comes to crime and punishment.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I don't believe that "being high' or 'Being drunk" should ever be a valid defense for actions committed during that time....

Suppose,
- this person had been procuring his medicine from the same source since it became legal.

- earlier that day, the person making the preparations accidentally:
- - grabbed a stronger source of the active ingredient
--- put too much of the ingredient in, but couldn't determine exactly how much or which it was...
- - decided to compensate by increasing the other ingredients some amount so as to dilute the mixture
--- neglected to tell anyone.

And upon taking as much as he had the day before, the accused killer
- - suddenly had the effects of 3-4 times the recommended dosage
- - which altered his mental state negatively and he committed a homicidal act

This person has no justification for the act being at least in part caused by the medicine?

Adverse reactions, overdose, pharmacist errors happen all the time.

And on a side note:
Marijuana has a far greater likelihood to directly influence the mental state of the person using it than any firearm, yet everyone's all about ban the guns... which are legal too.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If you're saying pot just makes you sit around and eat cheese puffs and stare out at the tv, you're a boring pothead. To think that this is the extent of effects marijuana can have on you because it's all you've experienced, well birds of a feather . . .

Marijuana can definitely make people paranoid, angry, violent, and you can most definitely hallucinate off it with the right strain and dose. It's not common, but seriously negative effects and outcomes can be the result of taking pot.

I know some people just don't believe it, and think the people on this forum daring to go against the grain and not praise it as a holy medicinal that can do no wrong, well those people must just be propagandists, you know... just cause. To you all, I say, go out and experience another decade or two around a bunch of different kinds of individuals high on quality ganja. You're going to see a bunch of people go off the rails the same as you would with alcohol. It does happen.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: marsend

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's right. Violent people react violently; non-violent people don't.

I have known very nonviolent people who are happy drunks who turned violent smoking pot, so, no, sorry.
Get real, I have never seen pot smokers violent! I have seen people drinking smash each others heads in tho. And no my life has not been sheltered either.

Or you can stop being ignorant.

However, sometimes when people use cannabis it can cause fear, anxiety, panic or paranoia, resulting in an aggressive outburst. For most people, however, once the effects of the drug wear off, their behaviour gradually improves.

ncpic.org.au...

Why do people become abusive or aggressive?

Using marijuana can produce strange behavior and reactions in people when they are intoxicated. These reactions can be similar to psychosis and paranoia and because of this, marijuana users may experience confusion or a sense of feeling threatened or frightened.

learnaboutmarijuanawa.org...

But its's nice of you to use logical fallacies to support an erroneous position.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join