It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims he was hallucinating on pot candy when he killed his wife

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It is just another version of "Da booze made me do it. Its da booze's fault."

MJ does not cause one to commit murder. Alcohol is another story.

P

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Unless they were forced to consume said drug I agree, the responsibility is still theirs.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Agreed.

The guy is a lying scumbag Wife murderer, frantically trying to mitigate his crime.

Cannabis doesn't cause hallucinations, and certainly doesn't cause you to lose it and commit murder.

He's clutching at imaginary straws, that's about the size of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Mmmmm, I wonder at these kinda scare stories popping up now in rapid succession. My own cynical instinct points toward creating possible 'complications' (for want of a better term) with full legalization of cannabis.

Thus when the time does come (not soon enough) TPTB can hold up a litany of horror stories and say
"OK folks, you can have weed, but just in case better let our friends in Monsanto have monopoly of supply and ensure quality and THC level control"

You know, to ensure public safety or some other BS.

I expect to have many more "Pot made me do it your Honour" stories drip fed through the MSM, as the debate progresses.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
People need to get educated. Pot can cause hallucinations. Saying it doesn't is just as ignorant as some of the dumb propaganda the government puts out.

Cannabis use can cause drug-induced psychosis, trigger the first episode of a psychotic illness or make a pre-existing psychotic illness worse. People who have, or may be at risk of developing, a psychotic illness should not use cannabis.

www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au...

Smoking marijuana can cause psychotic-like symptoms of perceptual disturbances and suspiciousness in about one out of every seven people. So most people (six of seven) will not develop psychotic-like symptoms when they smoke marijuana.

asp.cumc.columbia.edu...

I work in Psychiatry and see it all the time. In fact part of orientation was an old patient who shot his mothers boyfriend due to hallucinations brought about by .. tada.. you guessed it, Marijuana.

ETA: None of that removes culpability. He is still responsible.
edit on 14-3-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Rubbish, sorry and i don't care what you imagine you've seen in the course of your work, what you've said is a hangover from prohibition influenced propaganda and i'm afraid it is absolute rubbish.

Are there people who are prone to psychotic breaks? Yes, of course there are.

Are there people who are prone to psychotic breaks, who drink alcohol? Yes, there are.

Are there certain events or stimulus which can cause a person teetering on the verge of a break, to effectively reach a tipping point and go over that mental edge?

Sure...witnessing a horrific or traumatic event such as a murder, finding a suicide, witnessing a severe accident involving terrible injury to people, even a particularly distressing movie could be a trigger for such a break...the break can happen at any time, out of the blue in many cases.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who suffer such mental breaks around the world are we to believe cannabis is responsible for their breaks?

Wouldn't it be a more logical and rational assessment to say that these people, on the verge of a mental break, a break which could and often is triggered by almost anything at all, just happened to use cannabis at some point during their journey into temporary insanity, or just happened to be using alcohol, or prescription medicines, or caffeine, or just about any other stimulant or suppressant?

The one in seven figure isn't about one in seven being particularly susceptible to negative mental effects of using cannabis due to the cannabis itself, it is because the one in seven is likely to reach a tipping point and go over the edge into the mental break, because quite simply, they are susceptible to...a mental break?

There IS a very big difference.

These are the same worn out parroted sound bites of bile used throughout prohibition to justify the prohibition itself, with no real basis in fact.

The latest research proves cannabis provides a neurological protective effect as opposed to a damaging effect...so far from being the straw that broke the camels back, in many cases of the susceptible 'one in seven' flipping out, cannabis more than probably delayed the onset of the break, and mitigated the severity of the eventual and inevitable mental episode..cannabis actually helped these people, a number of which i'd imagine are still alive and breathing due to cannabis mitigating and lessening the severity of the break.

If a person is run over in the street after drinking coffee...is the coffee responsible for the accident or is the coffee an irrelevant aspect and just happen to have been drank before the accident?

According to this tired out propaganda you are parroting, the coffee is responsible, or at least had a negative effect on the persons cognitive skills and sense of personal safety, leading to the accident.

Of course, the obvious answer is the person just happened to have had a coffee before his or her misfortune, just as the people you're talking about happened to have used cannabis just before their personal misfortune.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Not to fret, BigBrother will bail Us out:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep the cherry burning

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I hope there are a couple of pot heads on the jury. They might put some balance in the process. People who have never used it, might be still stuck in Reefer Madness way of thinking. I had to stop making candy, it made me violent too, Violently sleepy, Licking the spoon would make me violently run to the couch to pass out.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
If he was taking pot candy it's also highly likely he was taking other illegal drugs at the same time which he has neglected to mention. .

Like what drug? I take it you are in the "gateway" camp?

It is pretty strange that these news reports are coming out lately, painting pot as something that can make you violent or paralyzed. Wonder why?...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

ETA: None of that removes culpability. He is still responsible.

What you are describing would make that totally wrong. YOU are trying to say that marijuana can produce violence-producing hallucinations in otherwise non-violent people, which would suggest that in certain rare cases, marijuana is the sole cause of such behaviour. That IS what you are trying to argue, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I have known very nonviolent people who are happy drunks who turned violent smoking pot, so, no, sorry.

You said people, plural. That makes me believe they were already violent people, and marijuana had nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So, I have to ask, Have you ever smoked Pot? Is your opinion based on what you have experienced through your patients, or because you have personally witnessed the true effects of Cannabis? Because most smokers, cant even get their car to go the speed limit.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Lets be realistic for a moment, pot can cause hallucinations in high enough doses (visual distortions etc), especially for first timers or people with pre-existing mental conditions. My guess would be that this guy had serious pre-existing mental conditions, otherwise he wouldn't be capable of murder regardless of how much he was hallucinating. If he tries to claim that his wife turned into an evil monster or something like that then I wouldn't believe him because pot can't cause those types of hallucinations. If he was taking pot candy it's also highly likely he was taking other illegal drugs at the same time which he has neglected to mention. The other thing to keep in mind is that alcohol can and has caused many people in the past to become so aggressive that they commit murder.

www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au...

www.medic8.com...

drugs-forum.com...

Read these, they are my comment.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Do you by any chance have big polar with manic episodes? Do you talk abilify?

Digressing even people in psychotic and or psychedelic states do not as a rule murder. I argue the urge to murder if one takes place during these states was already there and not a symptom of the state of mind but the propensity of the character in question. Just my belief .

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Agreed.

The guy is a lying scumbag Wife murderer, frantically trying to mitigate his crime.

Cannabis doesn't cause hallucinations, and certainly doesn't cause you to lose it and commit murder.

He's clutching at imaginary straws, that's about the size of it.

Same page!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well that quote isn't completely accurate marijuana is a hallucinogen expecially sativa strains. Marijuana is well known for causing auditory hallucinations, it also can trigger mental illness for a person who has a latent psychotic and or personality disorder. Regardless he is responsible because the propensity to murder was already there not spontaneously developed.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Well that quote isn't completely accurate marijuana is a hallucinogen expecially sativa strains. Marijuana is well known for causing auditory hallucinations, it also can trigger mental illness for a person who has a latent psychotic and or personality disorder

I don't believe you realise who you're talk'n too.

The guys to weak to just admit to himself that he killed his wife.
People like this are why marajuana gets a bum rap.
edit on Rpm31415v06201500000058 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

pleased excuse and pardon me sir I didn't realize I was taking to someone (insert bubble colourful letters) experienced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join