It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds first sucessful penis transplant.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax

Experts thought the unnamed 21-year-old patient - who had to have his penis amputated three years ago after circumcision ...

So he was eighteen when he was circumcised? First-world doctors usually perform the procedure on a newly born child. I wonder if this is common in African culture.

The surgery was five years in the planning at Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Hospital.

Wait ... the man only lost his penis three years ago but the doctors have been planning the surgery for five? They must be psychic.

My brother-in-law had his snipped when he was 16. Some cultures don't do "that." He's Korean.

So once they start messin with chicks and feel self-conscious, they get themselves snipped.

Never got how you could do that, though....

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
What is the technical term for this procedure? An addadicktomy?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh
The old urban legend of waking up in a bath of ice in (insert dodgy city) with a scar where your kidney should be, will have to be upgraded to something even more disturbing.

If you are well endowed, you should be fearful.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Phew.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is great news and another medical breakthrough. Somebody needs to tell those men to stop getting circumcised though. Here in the US men are trying to get new foreskin because they had newborn circumcisions and in SA the young men are removing the foreskin. What a discombobulation!!!!!

From OP article:

"There is a greater need in South Africa for this type of procedure than elsewhere in the world, as many young men lose their penises every year due to complications from traditional circumcision."

The surgery has been attempted once before - but this is the first example of a successful long-term result. Experts estimate as many as 250 penis amputations take place every year across South Africa.

Here's a bit more from the original article from the doctors themselves.

The marathon nine-hour operation, led by Prof André van der Merwe, head of SU's Division of Urology, was performed on 11 December 2014 at Tygerberg Hospital in Bellville, Cape Town. This is the second time that this type of procedure was attempted, but the first time in history that a successful long-term result was achieved.The patient, whose identity is being protected for ethical reasons, has made a full recovery and has regained all function in the newly transplanted organ..................

"Our goal was that he would be fully functional at two years and we are very surprised by his rapid recovery," says Van der Merwe. The end result of the transplant was the restoration of all the patient's urinary and reproductive functions.

"It's a massive breakthrough. We've proved that it can be done – we can give someone an organ that is just as good as the one that he had," says Graewe. "It was a privilege to be part of this first successful penis transplant in the world."

www.sun.ac.za...
edit on 14-3-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This is some scary #.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
For any seeking a free penis for transplanting
I have one in good working order ... barely used though when it has been used it tends to bring trouble with it.
Hence my reason for the offer
Post and Package free

Could this be the sort of advert we might see in the future

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
For any seeking a free penis for transplanting
I have one in good working order ... barely used though when it has been used it tends to bring trouble with it.
Hence my reason for the offer
Post and Package free

Could this be the sort of advert we might see in the future

How much please?

Any service history?

How many previous owners?

Cash waiting.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The Hypothetical Penis bargain has unfortunately been "Snatched up" ....
It was rather painful I can tell you
And this post will probably get deleted as off topic unfortunately

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Sheesh talk about messing with someone else's junk...

for some reason it brings this song to mind....

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This story being all over the internet lately, I had of course seen it before, and I can't help wondering whether men who are... less endowed will elect to undergo cosmetic surgery for enlargement purposes. Of course, this all assumes that the man who had this done can... use his new penis effectively. I think I remember similar surgeries having been performed in the past but that they were purely cosmetic rather than fully functional. (I could be wrong, though; my memory is fuzzy sometimes :p)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

Phew.

Aha ha ha... yep we're safe LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
That is why it is refered to as a mans junk. It works when you don't want it to when going through puberty and then problems arise or don't arise with ED.

originally posted by: HumansEh

Interesting, given how much psychological factors govern function of a penis I wonder if it would bring its own set of problems.

Men often laugh and say of their manhood 'It has a mind of its own!'

What if it really did......and someone elses mind at that!

(post by kamagra4uk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join