It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Bypass Congress On Iran Treaty?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
How come Iran doesn't just use oil and natural gas for their generators?

Hmmm.

Maybe that should be the treaty.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I hate to say this but even a UN resolution will not sway congress or the senate. Our constitution says so that anything liek a treaty or foreign powers do not control the US government UNLESS voted on and ratified. The UN can jump off a bridge.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Ahabstar

Or both sides could actually stop sabotaging each others every move and work together for everyone's benefit like they were elected to do and are being paid to do. You know, represent us and our interests???

Which would be done by both sides agreeing to censure him. He should be for what he is doing. Of course Democrats will refuse to do what is best for the people (like Republicans would do in their place).

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Which would be done by both sides agreeing to censure him. He should be for what he is doing. Of course Democrats will refuse to do what is best for the people (like Republicans would do in their place).

I personally don't know enough about the situation to say what needs to be done. But I do know that anytime you publicly show signs of a breakdown of command and internal problems, especially in the upper ranks like what is clearly happening between the Dems. and Reps. and the POTUS it's all bad.

It makes you look foolish and inept to everyone on the outside. It gives your enemies who are looking for a weakness to exploit a possible target. It makes your allies question if they can trust and rely on you. It makes everyone who you're in charge of lose respect for you and question your decisions. There is no good that comes from it and when you have military deployed all over the globe in multiple conflicts and a whole mess of other malfunctions at home too it leaves you primed and ready to be a target both externally and internally.

All you're doing is airing your dirty laundry for everyone else to see and it's a damn embarrassment IMO. Cotton should be thrown out of politics for good. If not for some legal reason he should be gone simply for being such a gigantic douche bag war monger. But that's just the way I see it and I realize that it's just my opinion.

This whole thing has made us look even more retarded and dangerous to the outside world than usual. The Republicans who were a part of this need to have something happen to them but I don't know what exactly.

I find it interesting that you still slander Democrats in your post when they weren't even a part of this. All that shows me is that you are as irrational as all the other partisan hacks and morons on the Right and Left who constantly look like fools for everyone to see and are too dumb or corrupt to even realize what clowns they really are in the eyes of the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hmmm.

Who knows. Maybe they want to sell their natural resources to the highest bidder, and be able to produce energy without it?

That is for them to decide. Regardless, they have the right to nuclear energy the same as anyone, but that's not really what this thread is about.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Obama To Bypass Congress On Iran Treaty?

It's not a treaty. There's not a whole lot to bypass.

Lern2diplomacy

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant

Hmmm.

Who knows. Maybe they want to sell their natural resources to the highest bidder, and be able to produce energy without it?

That is for them to decide. Regardless, they have the right to nuclear energy the same as anyone, but that's not really what this thread is about.

But it makes no sense.

The nuclear energy costs more to build and maintain.

Their oil & gas is much cheaper at all levels of costs.

Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I've just finished an onerous discussion with someone who clearly has pointed out that Iran would never, has never and will never develop nukes.

Obama seems bound and determined to see a treaty signed.

The GOP seems bound and determined to see it not signed.

If Iran is such a non-event, then why the worry?

Why do we even need a treaty?

Won't Iran build a nuke regardless?

My questions are all sincere.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: blargo
a reply to: Krazysh0t
That is why I really dislike these process arguments. This is a pretty standard process in the modern era. All the presidents did it. Argue about what is in the agreement and that is fair game. But these process arguments as if Obama or W Bush before are the first to do such a thing is crazy.

What's funny is that literally EVERY argument used to discredit Obama's Presidency has been used before against other Presidents. Even the Birther argument isn't new. This is why I tire easily of political debates. They usually end up with me getting insulted and typecast into the opposing party when I support neither, and no one can recognize political rhetoric and hyperbole anymore. It's really scary when people start using it and don't even know they are using it. They repeat those arguments like they are being insightful.

The real problem with this whole thing is the negotiating about capacity to develop nukes with a nation pushing a regional hegemony as we speak. In fact as we speak Iranian backed and armed militias are fighting ISIS over Sadam's home town. The US didn't get out of the way so Iraq could take care of itself but rather so Iran could step in.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oil and gas aren't that efficient at producing electricity. I imagine Iran has been pretty limited in what they can do with their oil and gas because of varying sanctions that have been imposed upon them over the decades.

Obama seems bound and determined to see a treaty signed.

It's not a treaty.
edit on 14-3-2015 by links234 because: For bunny.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Because the GOP's boss Benny wants it that way. He has been trying to get America to attack Iran for decades so he needs to drum up fear among the sheepole.

Why do we even need a treaty?

The treaty is no just with America there are a total of five nations involved we need to be part of the treaty so we can let up on the unwarranted sanctions that have been placed on Iran.

Won't Iran build a nuke regardless?

Once again there is no proof they are trying to build one so why do you keep assuming they are trying to build one?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Why do I keep on saying Iran's going to build a nuke?

Common sense, really. no-one can prove that they won't.

And can we have one thread that doesn't involve Israel insults?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Oil and gas aren't that efficient at producing electricity. I imagine Iran has been pretty limited in what they can do with their oil and gas because of varying sanctions that have been imposed upon them over the decades.

Then why isn't Obama pressing for more nuclear power stations?

Sanctions on Iran have nothing to do with their own oil and gas resources being used in their own country do they?

edit on Mar-14-2015 by xuenchen because: nik[OoO]48

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I personally don't know enough about the situation to say what needs to be done. But I do know that anytime you publicly show signs of a breakdown of command and internal problems, especially in the upper ranks like what is clearly happening between the Dems. and Reps. and the POTUS it's all bad.

This is only a command breakdown if one overlooks the very real divisive nature of the POTUS direction in this. No one looking on internationally really has the rose colored glasses on this. No one is really surprised considering it was just the last administration that had a firm stand against Iranian involvement in the ever changing landscape.

What these sort of people find humorous is how american foreign policy can turn on a dime depending on shifting power musical chairs in america. American foreign policy is a well know flip flop act. One administration disregarding the deals and direction of the former, tossing dead solders and allies under the bus.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: beezzer

Because the GOP's boss Benny wants it that way. He has been trying to get America to attack Iran for decades so he needs to drum up fear among the sheepole.

All those Iranian rockets aimed at them from the north and south wouldn't have anything to do with that would it?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Jan 22 2015

Brigadier General Hossein Salami, the second-in-command in the Revolutionary Guards, told Iranian state media on Thursday that his troops are capable of firing Shahab-3 missiles on Israel.

Iran escalates threats, vows to shower Israel with 'Shahab' missiles

Hmmm

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Then why isn't Obama pressing for more nuclear power stations?

He might be, he might not be. I don't know. I'm not on the UNSC. I do know that Iran can't make more nuclear power plants without more nuclear fuel. The only nuclear plant they have is from the 1950's.

Sanctions on Iran have nothing to do with their own oil and gas resources being used in their own country do they?

What, exactly, should they be doing with their oil and gas resources that they aren't already doing? They can't sell it because of US, EU and UN sanctions. Oil and gas aren't going to solve Iran's energy problems unless certain sanctions are lifted.

Iran says they want to refine nuclear fuel for nuclear power plants. Israel says Iran wants nuclear weapons. My knowledge of Iran isn't vast. I know they're not too terribly brutal of a regime if they have mass protests throughout their country. I know that a lot of their citizens aren't in line with what their government says. I genuinely don't believe that any government in the modern world would be stupid enough to use a nuclear weapon against another nation, unprovoked.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Iran's electric generators are 94% gas and oil.

6% hydro.

why are they pursuing nuclear?

Solar would be more constructive right?

source

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe they want to diversify. I dunno man, what do you think? Do you think they want to start a nuclear war? I'm pretty sure that the UN would isolate them faster than you can say 'North Korea loves famine' if they tested a nuclear weapon.

All I know is that what's being talked about right now isn't a treaty. I don't know Iran's intentions. I know they're the 'enemy' because they overthrew a dictator who was friendly towards they US. I know they have political factions like we do. I know there's an election coming up in a few days in Israel (read hyperbole overdrive).

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The difference is that I'm not trying to take sides or anything like that. I don't support Obama and whatever kind of deal or whatever he's got going with Iran. Nor do I side with the Republicans in their ongoing attempt at sabotaging Obama and going to War with Iran.

All I'm saying is that all this internal fighting within our government looks bad. It looks weak to anyone who's our enemy. It looks dysfunctional and corrupt to the rest of America and our allies too. I realize they are going to fight and argue about policy and what not. But there are ways of doing it and ways not to do it. While it may not be Treason it is certainly Mutiny and that is a failure of the command structure.

Plus, the Republicans are being a bunch of crybaby bi*ches about everything and this time all their kicking and screaming and playing dirty political games I hope actually bites them in the ass. Sometimes you don't get your way and you deal with it like an adult and a professional. When Bush decided to launch a War against the wrong country on false intelligence there was some fighting but at a certain point most everyone realized that he's in charge for better or worse so like it or not you go forward with his plan. Not once in Obama's entire time in office has the Republican majority given any support for him. They've resisted every thing he's tried to do and when they fail to stop it they still drag their feet the whole time sniveling about it. They're acting like a bunch of bratty children.

Much of the same can be said about the Left too and I'm sick of it. These people are supposed to represent us and be professionals and at least give the impression of having a strong character and integrity. Personally, from what I've seen, I wouldn't trust any one of them to baby sit my dog for the weekend or even wash my car let along run the damn country. They're nothing but a bunch of Sellout, Ass Kissing, Back stabbing, traitors, liars and thieves and if I believed in a hell I would love to send them all there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join