It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Vaxxer Bets Scientists $100,000 They Can’t Prove Measles Exists; Anti-Vaxxer Loses $100,000

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh man I'm gonna search online for similar bets and take me some free monies!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

I wish all the crazies would put their money where their mouth is.

I think I could get rich that way.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Nope. Too many takers.
It would be an overall redistribution. But who knows, maybe their combined net worth would amount to something.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Don't ruin the dream man.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: durp

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Where did this term 'anti-vaxxer' originate? Is it the same as 'truther' or 'birther'? You know, anyone that questions known liars? Very interesting, I guess we're still living in the naive world that promotes listening to and worshiping anyone on the TV.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

How cute.

I'm sure you've heard of Jenny Mcarthy..

She's been on the TV quite a bit over the years with her lies.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aaamok88...
And I also know that in the 50s 60s 70s they weren't putting metals and adjuvants into vaccines

You might want to head over to wikipedia and edit the pages on thimerosal and adjuvants.
The former entered use in the late 1920's, continuing on through the 90's in some places, and still used today in others.
The later have been used in the USA at least for over 70 years.

Also:
"Aluminum-containing adjuvants have been included in vaccines to boost the immune response to antigens for over seven decades."

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

How cute.

I'm sure you've heard of Jenny Mcarthy..

She's been on the TV quite a bit over the years with her lies.

You know what I find "cute"? People actually support shoving needles into someone's body against their will and at either gunpoint or the threat of having their children taken away. And that this same demand is (mostly) coming from the same people that defend a "woman's right to choose"... meaning, by all means kill the child growing inside you, but once it comes out, fill it with needles or we're taking it!"

Oh hypocrisy, where have you been all my life?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

What about liars on TV?

Now you're on about threatening people at gunpoint

Whatever next!?

edit on 15/3/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb
a reply to: crazyewok

You've heard it before I'm sure, but have you ever actually gone and researched it: both those diseases were on their way out before the vaccines were introduced. And polio still exists. In fact, the CDC says on its own site that there is indeed a vaccine induced strain that circulates. And in fact, the vaccine strain is now going through India and Africa, since because the US decided not to use that vaccine here anymore (gee, I wonder why) but apparently it's perfectly fine for India and Africa, and now both have the vaccine strain circulating, which is actually more virulent than the "wild strain."

"Vaccines eradicated polio, small pox" is a STATEMENT. There is NO proof whatsoever to back it up. It's just an assumption that's so old, everyone assumes it's true.

As as a microbiologist/immunologist myself who has worked on vaccines in the past I have likely researched the the subject more than everyone on the thread combined.

Sure there are some money maker vaccines like hpv.
But not all vaccines are the same, they are all different.

Tell you what?

Let's have a challenge?

I will get a yellow fever vaccine and go to a yellow fever hotspot and get as moscitos to bite me as possible.

You do the same without the vaccine?

Who ever is alive after gets to make a ATS post?
Come onATS fund this and we can shut the anti vaccine crowd up.
edit on 15-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Tell you what?

Let's have a challenge?

I will get a yellow fever vaccine and go to a yellow fever hotspot and get as moscitos to bite me as possible.

You do the same without the vaccine?

Who ever is alive after gets to make a ATS post?
Come onATS fund this and we can shut the anti vaccine crowd up.

Maybe we can get Stefan Lanka to bet you $100,000 that you can’t prove yellow fever exists

Herbal treatment to cure yellow fever is the safest way out; as it has no side effects and is cost effective.

One of the best herbal treatments for yellow fever is Cinchona officinalis bark. 60Gms should be boiled in half a litre of water. After straining and cooling; drink 20ml three times a day for 10 days. The symptoms of yellow fever would be resolved.

If you get yellow fever once, can you get it again? No. People who have had yellow fever once are protected for life.
health.hawaii.gov...

edit on 15-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
Where did this term 'anti-vaxxer' originate? Is it the same as 'truther' or 'birther'? You know, anyone that questions known liars? Very interesting, I guess we're still living in the naive world that promotes listening to and worshiping anyone on the TV.

I really think that within my lifetime the saying "there is no such thing as a stupid question" will either disappear or be modified with an exception for those siting in front of a computer with acces to a search engine.

History of Anti-vaccination Movements

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

I

Maybe we can get Stefan Lanka to bet you $100,000 that you can’t prove yellow fever exists

Most easy $100K I will ever make.

Herbal treatment to cure yellow fever is the safest way out; as it has no side effects and is cost effective.

Yeah.....noooo......

The symptoms of yellow fever would be resolved.

Or you die from liver failure.

If you get yellow fever once, can you get it again? No. People who have had yellow fever once are protected for life.

wow....that kinda sounds like how a......vaccine works......
edit on 15-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: STTesc

I really think that within my lifetime the saying "there is no such thing as a stupid question" will either disappear or be modified with an exception for those siting in front of a computer with acces to a search engine.

History of Anti-vaccination Movements

Such a lovely response, thank you. While you're at it, can you google the term 'schmuck'? After all, I can't think of a better word for someone that attacks a new member simply because they disagree. But I guess that's what Liberals do, cry like babies when things don't go their way.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Here are somethings pertinent to the conversation I looked up for you seeing as how you felt the need to call me a few names.

The phrase "The pot calling the kettle black" is an idiom used to claim that a person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another

Your logical fallacy is ad hominem

You should get it straight I didn't attack you for disagreeing I answered the question you asked about the origins of the term anti-vaccer even though you should have been able to look it up yourself.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I'm sorry, but I don't enjoy being attacked, even in a passive-aggressive way. Ad hominem would imply you had a point to begin with and that you didn't use passive-aggressive tactics to attack the individual first. But you know that already, don't you?

I don't think Florida is a good state for you, maybe try a more "liberal utopia" like Detroit.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but I don't enjoy being attacked, even in a passive-aggressive way.

So, you must be one of those people who will dish it out all day, but the moment you get some back you cry about it.

Good to know.

Ad hominem would imply you had a point to begin with and that you didn't use passive-aggressive tactics to attack the individual first.

Do you now understand where the term anti-vaccer came from or did you ask the question about it with no intention of being answered?

But you know that already, don't you?

I know the topic isn't me but you sure are trying to make it about me.

I don't think Florida is a good state for you, maybe try a more "liberal utopia" like Detroit.

Thanks for your consideration but it isn't really any of your business. Besides I don't think the authorities would like my gun collection there.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Most easy $100K I will ever make.

Yeah.....noooo......

The symptoms of yellow fever would be resolved.

Or you die from liver failure.

wow....that kinda sounds like how a......vaccine works......

Yeah..no? So you know this method doesn't work because....?
Sounds like how a vaccine works? Not for yellow fever vaccine. A booster dose is recommended every 10 years.

Just wondering where do you get your information from or do you just make it up as you go along?
edit on 15-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

You've heard about Wikipedia editing issue right

Western government and industries are rewriting history

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

You see there is no point.

I have done this song and dance before.

I will post peer reviewed research and data collected over my many years of education and work in the area.

You will just dismiss it as shilling and being brought by "big phrama"

You wont move a inch from you cesspit of ignorance and certainly wont change my opinion.

All the whole exercise will show is that you cant fix stupid.

So wallow in your pit of ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join