It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Vaxxer Bets Scientists $100,000 They Can’t Prove Measles Exists; Anti-Vaxxer Loses $100,000

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
addictinginfo .org

Stefan Lanka, A vocal (and apparently very wealthy) biologist and outspoken “vaccination skeptic” was so confident that not only do vaccinations not work, but the measles wasn’t even real, that he made a public bet with the world’s scientists that if they could prove the measles virus exists, he’d pay them. Hilariously, one medical doctor obliged.

A German doctor David Barden sent Lanka up-todate comprehensive research on the study of the measles virus and sent the evidence to Lanka’s house.

Predictably, Lanka took one look at the combined effort of thousands of scientists, decades of research and the reams of data compiled and declared none of it valid. He reportedly refused to pay Dr. Barden – who then took the biologist to court.

a German judge reviewed the research and – like most rational people – decided that the existence of the measles was fairly obvious. The doctor had fulfilled all the requirements Lanka had demanded (which in this case was probably not that difficult). Lanka was ordered by law to pay out the $106,000 he had promised.

I read this today and thought it was amusing enough to share with ATS.

Have a fun Friday, ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Why didn't the doctor contaminate the research with the measles virus? That would have been truly funny, if illegal.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
*facepalm* Yeah measles are real.

Scientist, All you had to do was find an isolated strain of it for study.

However trying to link that to the fact if measles vaccines even work or not is questionable.

I'm sure that vaccines can be upgraded. Vaccines can help but they need to be made via intelligence genetic engineering instead of weakness therapy.

Where they isolate the viruses and sustain their weakened state in femeldahyde, mercury ect. There must be non-carsinogenic or poisonious compounds we can use to make vaccines effective.

Vaccines have the potencial to save people but they also have the potencial of really screwing them up as well. So he technology needs to advanced further than our 50s techniques.

Anti-vaxxers really don't like the fact that we are still using teqniques that have been used for 60+ years now.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

That's Hilarious

So many times when debating someone they go "I bet you X you can't prove Y"... maybe from now on I'll ask them to put it in writing... I wonder if in America this would be considered gambling

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Not if we call it a contract!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

After reading this I can now go about my day with great mirth. Excellent find.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It would of made more sense if he bet on the effectiveness of the measles vaccine.

Pretending a disease does not exist that is sitting in glass test tubes right now and making a bet on it is just plain stupid. lol.

Anyone could of told them measles are real. And showed a slide show of the virus to prove it.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I agree, he probably got a little carried away in his boasting. :/

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This is funny thanks for posting it.

The saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" has rung true in this case.

I truly wish more fools would make such bets.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He went from a-hole antivaxxer to d-bag reneging on his bet.

Hope the court enforces their decision.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not stupid!
Its programming!
Its crap like this that the non thinking sheep take in, and now whenever they hear about something that casts doubt on the vaccines they'll be reminded of this, and (because they dont think) they'll link this stupidity to the info that casts doubt on the vaccines.

To make such a bet as this requires extreme stupidity, dont you think?
It wasn't stupidity, its how the sheeple are programmed.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

So anti vaxxers are sheeple?

I hate the word, but agree completely that they are.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Scientists have made plenty of mistakes in the past, but they get more right than they do wrong. I don't think I would be betting against them.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I believe you misunderstood his point, the sheeple in this case are pro-vaxers who will trumpet this ludicrous bet as proof of how stupid anti-vaxxers are!

I mean really how believable is it that a BIOLOGIST would ever make this kind of statement???

One can imagine the pro-vaccine camp will be eating this headline right up and repeating it for a long time, foaming at the mouth awaiting someone to question the authorities on vaccines!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

I believe you misunderstood his point, the sheeple in this case are pro-vaxers who will trumpet this ludicrous bet as proof of how stupid anti-vaxxers are!

Hundreds of years of research, starting with Jenner and continuing to the work of countless immunologists and epidemiologists today, constitutes sufficient proof that anti-vaxers are stupid. But this kind of thing is the cherry on top.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli

Right because throughout these hundreds of years western medicine has always completely understood the body's mechanisms.

Especially the immune system of a new born child! I mean how dare anyone question whether or not there are effects that have not been researched enough, even other scientists!

86 research papers supporting autims link

Media reports have claimed that there is no scientific evidence supporting the link between vaccines and autism. Here we provide for the reader research that demonstrates the link between vaccines

Neurologial effects of vaccines

Despite the assurances of the necessity and
safety of vaccinations, there are more and more
questions and doubts, which both physicians and
parents are waiting to be clarified. This paper
describes several aspects of the immunization
program of children. It includes: the physiological
development of the immune system, the
immunization schedule adopted in Poland in
comparison with other countries, adverse reactions
and complications following vaccination described
in scientific publications, the natural course of
infectious diseases in conjunction with the
vaccination programs implemented and the problem
of reporting adverse reactions following
vaccination by medical personnel and parents. The
proposal for changes in vaccination in Poland cited
at the end of this paper is, according to the authors,
part of the answer to the concerns and doubts. A
second part would be extensive neuroimmunological
research confirming or excluding
the relationship of vaccines with the reported
adverse events (early, late/long-term) and chronic
diseases whose upward trend has been observed in
recent decades in children.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli

Hundreds of years of research, starting with Jenner and continuing to the work of countless immunologists and epidemiologists today, constitutes sufficient proof that anti-vaxers are stupid. But this kind of thing is the cherry on top.

There is a lot of proof and countless research to show that pro-vaxxers are stupid too.

edit on 13-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Sheeple are followers. Anti-vaxxers are not followers. Following the norm would be to follow what you doctor asks and that is to be vaccinated. Sounds more like pro-vaxxers to me.
edit on 13-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Sheeple are followers. Anti-vaxxers are not followers. Following the norm would be to follow what you doctor asks and that is to be vaccinated. Sounds more like pro-vaxxers to me.

In all honesty, the anti vaccination crowd are.

They hear some nonsensical pseudo science that conforms to their pre established beliefs that some nefarious power that be is working towards some kooky agenda that mirrors an Austin Powers movie plot.

Every thread is guaranteed to have at least one anti vaxer waving that discredited paper citing a nonexistent link between vaccines and autism is icing on the cake.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

Links between vaccines and autism is not the only problems with vaccines. Problems such as anaphylactic shock and death. Some get the vaccination and contract the very same disease they were meant to prevent against and even contagious like chicken pox vaccine. Vaccines Originating From Aborted Human Fetuses. Vaccines with insect dna like hpv vaccine cervarix. Ingredients like formaldehyde, aluminum and thiomersal should never be injected into your vein, then gets pumped to your heart and brain

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join