It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Alice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't know exactly where to put this, but Short Stories seems appropriate. Songs are Short Stories of their own, right? Mods if this is in the wrong area please move it! This is more a lyrics transliteration. One of my hobbies is taking Japanese songs and making the lyrics singable in English while keeping the original intent/meaning of the song intact.

This one is my transliteration of "Dark Alice" by SamFree featuring Hatsune Miku.

Original Video Here:

Lyrics:

[Verse 1]
I feel the chill that's in the rain
The thought of sleeping alone without you here
Delivers so much fear

Don't entertain letting me go
I only want to hold you tight
For the night

But when our time is finally done
The hands aligning at the top
Don't lift your gaze from my eyes
I want your focus locked on me

[Chorus]
I don't mind hypocrisy!
So let's keep on pretending
'Till the night is erased,
Let me feel your embrace,
Let me slip into your ruse tonight

Once again you lead me on
But I keep resisting dawn
Let me feel that saccharine hold in the darkness
If only just for now..

[Verse 2]
Of course I know it's got to end
Illusions that you would force me out
Prolonging all doubt

I try to push it from my mind
Only to find that I'm alone
And I'm crying

But when I'm melting into your eyes
In sin that you've created for me
Falling for you again
I fly, deeper into your lie

[Chorus 2]
Tragedy is reflecting
Mirror taunts and beckons me
Decorations in red,
Alice drew me to bed,
Bonded deeper into love again!

When you whisper endlessly
And the name belongs to me
Realize
You cannot make me forget you
For eternity!

[Bridge]
Can I believe the rain will..
Wash our slate clean?
And allow us one more chance to make it?

[Chorus 1 Repeated]
I don't mind hypocrisy!
So let's keep on pretending
'Till the night is erased,
Let me feel your embrace,
Let me slip into your ruse tonight

Once again you lead me on
But I keep resisting dawn
Let me feel that saccharine hold in the darkness
If only just for now..

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Ummm..."That saccharine hold"...too true...it's been my experience that love is only as good as the ability to keep those hormones and chemicals raging through the brain and body...Then I think that maybe there's a component that is slightly more intrinsic to the energetic side of the spectrum...pervasive and felt...but more tangled than not...

I love Anime and Manga...I just watched "Heavenly Sword"...priceless...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I'm glad you liked it! It has a lot of personal meaning for me.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Nice song. Just a heads up. There is a music forum in the offtopic forums. Though, since this is your own creation, it may be ok being here as well. S&F nonetheless.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well to be fair the music isn't mine, just my translation of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Yes, yes I see it is J-pop and is more of a translation than your own words. Probably should have gone in the Music forum then. Oh well, if a mod feels it is necessary, I'm sure he'll move it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Have you ever thought about translating manga scans for sites like MangaFox or MangaReader?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I already do. It's one of my hobbies.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Sweet. I tried to get into that at one point, but I found the Japanese language too difficult. I guess I could do tracing work or other stuff in the scanlation process, but I'd rather just read them.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm not super-great at Kanji yet, but I've the Kana down pat. Kanji will be a lifelong learning process, I imagine. If I ever get stuck on something I can usually either piece together what Kanji means on context, or just ask any number of my native friends.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Awesome. More power to you. I've always struggled with foreign languages.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

That was awesome translation SR!! Loved it!! I like anime a lot, but don't watch very many Vidz or follow any characters. Gettin old I guess. LOL!!!
I've started to watch "Titans Attack". I think it's called that. It's cool! Vampire D Rocks!!! Ghost in the Shell!!! Loved em all!!!
AnyWay. Great Job!!!! Thanx for the Share!!!!!!

YouSir:> I saw Heavenly Sword a few weeks back! It is cool as Hell!! Anna Torv, (did the voice for the main character) was in "Fringe" She is Hot! and made that show.

Well Walter was cool too! Old Science guy, smart as a whip, and liked His Drugs! LOL!!!
edit on 17-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Attack on Titan is a great series. I can't wait for season 2 to start. I'm glad you liked it! If you ever want some Anime recommendations give me a U2U. I love sharing great anime with people.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Akame ga kiru is my current favorite.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I've been meaning to watch that. Honestly I've been watching Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryu no Rondo (Which has the best opening theme song ever. It has a metal/techno vibe with a freakin' FLUTE SOLO.) and World Trigger lately. Akame ga Kill is on my list, as is Tokyo Ghoul.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I usually just read the mangas to be honest. It's much easier for me that way (anime is expensive and streaming them is tedious at times). So I can't say I've heard many of the theme songs. Not to mention, many times the mangas are MUCH better than the animes (ex: Rosario + Vampire). I haven't read Tokyo Ghoul yet. Have you checked out Onepunchman yet? That is pretty effing funny.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Ok so I am go to try this again. I wrote back earlier in a reply to this post from You: #19128585, where I said Thanx for giving Me the correct name of that series, "Attack on Titan", and I asked if You liked Sharing Anime with Dragons. Because You mentioned You love sharing Anime with People, and I was trying to make a little joke. BUT, I hit reply and I could swear I saw the reply on the screen in front of Me. I left and went into another thread and did a reply there. That reply showed up on-screen there too. I moved on again. I came back here to see if there were more replies to Your Original Post, I like reading comments to stuff, and My reply was GONE!!!!!! Out of curiosity I went to the reply I did right after I left here, and guess what?! Yep! It was gone too!!! WTF is going on??

Check this out. I just went and copied a reply I did to someone. I am blanking out their name. Not sure if it would matter really to them, but I want to be courteous and take it out. It's about losing a reply, ALSO a time slip from yesterday:

(posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:03 PM link edit quote reply a reply to: _ _ _ _ )

"I'm flippin out Man. I just wrote a reply here, clicked reply and it is not here, spent a few minutes on it and it is not here,,,, Time slip, Dimension flip?! either way I'M FLIPPIN OUT!!! WTF MAN?!!!!!! I had one yesterday too. I was walking out to My car parked in front of My daughters house. Half way down her ramp I looked over about 6 car lengths down at 2 people standing next to a truck, talking to someone in the passenger seat. No driver, A couple steps later, I look over again, and they were gone!! ALL OF THEM!!! They had NO TIME to walk away. Especially the one inside the truck!!! WOW MAN!!!"

SR I tell Ya, lately things are going Wonky. This morning I got up went for coffee, My cup is not by the Coffee Maker where I ALWAYS put it after My last cup, so it's there for the next day. So I go to my desk figuring I left it there after yesterday's last cup. It was not there. I figure maybe it's in the sink so I head back to kitchen to look in the sink, and as I walk past My coffee maker, It is sitting right there!!! I WAS LIKE WTF!!!!?????

Someone tell Me WTF'n Hell is going ON!? I must be losing it or something!!!!!! WOW!........ Well thanx for reading this far. I gotta go take care of some real life stuff. Hopefully nothing odd will happen. But I have a funny feeling that........ LOL!!!

Ok, Later, Syx.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

LOL. Reality glitches are weird aren't they? I've only ever had a few, but man they really mess you up.

To answer your question "Do I like sharing anime with Dragons". Why, yes! In fact, I like sharing anime WITH Dragons, with DRAGONS.

"Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryu no Rondo" means "Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon""
edit on 18-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yah, saying Reality Glitches are weird is putting it mildly! LOL!! I'd say more like Takin' a Trip and never leaving the Farm!!!

Thanx for the Anime Clip! Cool Beans!!! Laterz for now, Syx.

top topics

join