It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surging US Dollar a sign of some major economic shock soon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
So what happened? Or what is about to happen? Let your imagination run wild...

What will happen (rather sooner than later) is that the current economic hegemony of the U.S. will end. And it naturally has to end, because it's artificially enforced.

As "Notmyrealname" already implied - some nations are (and have been for a while now) preparing for a multi-currency reserve system, which is just a reasonable and necessary precaution, given the fragility of the GFS, no matter if the U.S. views this as 'hostile'.

The U.S. is fighting tooth and nail against the comming change of course.
In fact, ALL recent U.S.-led conflicts were really only about upholding their economic hegemony.

The little internal pressure rallied in the U.S. to consolidate and reform their fiat based monetary system didn't suffice. The bill is already in the mail.
edit on 14-3-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

US federal empire has no future

It is an empire based on culture of death, sex, deceit, satanism

Skull and bones all the way.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Aaamok88

Sounds like one hell of a party the federal empire

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Sounds like one hell of a party the federal empire

Yeah you'd know about that wouldn't ya

You are very pro US government

I am your exact opposite

Nice to meet you ......not

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
You will all be reading about this sooner than later so, here goes:

The USD as a reserve currency is dead.

The Petro-Dollar is dead.

Normalization is taking place now to see the new Reserve currency segway in the new Reserve Currency the SDR.

It's dead when the framers of the fiat system say it's dead, not any time sooner.

A bunch of idiots trying to predict a completely manipulated system, by a powerful few, is quite funny.

The one world currency is and has been in place for many many years, and it's called Federal Reserve and the world banks. It would be foolish for them to go to one currency because then it would be much harder to confuse the masses.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
Well, from my understanding..

1. Stocks are over-valued from 200% to 400% of the value, for starters..

2. All the QE and Twists have helped pump things up, and there is no interest rate set by the fed to balance things out.

3. GDP is at all time lows..

4. Unemployment #s are still not reported properly..

5. We're still pumping money out of the USA like a bleeding sponge..

6. NOTHING has been fixed since 2008, it's all been band-aids and cheap scotch tape, instead of repairing the financials.

7. Three major banks failed the Fed stress test, and BofA asked for a re-filing. (So, essentially 4 failed).

8. Housing is still broken..

9. Sub-prime auto loans are still being widely used for auto-financing.

10. There has not been a 10% correction in over 800 days, the third longest period without a correction since 1929, 1999 was the longest of 1200 days of no correction, and that is when the dot.com bubble popped.

So, since nothing has been fixed, and things have been adjusted to make things work, even tho it's busted, we're headed for a worse correction then what we had in 2008. This could be worse then the 1929 crash as well. There has been too much divergence from reality in the financial markets, and they have been, magically, making $100 bills out of pennies.

Looking at numbers across all the world governments, no one is doing well, debt is piled higher then all the plastic waste on the planet, and it's getting worse.

When things get bad, the past two times, we had wars to stimulate the economy. WW1, and WW2 are perfect examples of this.

We are gearing up for WW3, it's coming, and will come just before, or just after the next major crash.

I do suggest stocking up on staples, while you can. Projections range from this spring/summer to 2016 for both war, and the next massive crash. So, anytime, best to error on the side of caution, then to kick the prep down the road.

(Apologies for the long-winded post, the bullet-points are just short notes from the things I've read from other places, and things I've heard from other financial people.).
I agree none of this adds up especially since the market is sitting at all time highs. The market is in fantasy land and not reflecting what is actually going on. WW3 is coming but how when and where is the question? Too many flash points in the world and too many countries are gearing up for a showdown .

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: Cygnis
Well, from my understanding..

1. Stocks are over-valued from 200% to 400% of the value, for starters..

2. All the QE and Twists have helped pump things up, and there is no interest rate set by the fed to balance things out.

3. GDP is at all time lows..

4. Unemployment #s are still not reported properly..

5. We're still pumping money out of the USA like a bleeding sponge..

6. NOTHING has been fixed since 2008, it's all been band-aids and cheap scotch tape, instead of repairing the financials.

7. Three major banks failed the Fed stress test, and BofA asked for a re-filing. (So, essentially 4 failed).

8. Housing is still broken..

9. Sub-prime auto loans are still being widely used for auto-financing.

10. There has not been a 10% correction in over 800 days, the third longest period without a correction since 1929, 1999 was the longest of 1200 days of no correction, and that is when the dot.com bubble popped.

So, since nothing has been fixed, and things have been adjusted to make things work, even tho it's busted, we're headed for a worse correction then what we had in 2008. This could be worse then the 1929 crash as well. There has been too much divergence from reality in the financial markets, and they have been, magically, making $100 bills out of pennies.

Looking at numbers across all the world governments, no one is doing well, debt is piled higher then all the plastic waste on the planet, and it's getting worse.

When things get bad, the past two times, we had wars to stimulate the economy. WW1, and WW2 are perfect examples of this.

We are gearing up for WW3, it's coming, and will come just before, or just after the next major crash.

I do suggest stocking up on staples, while you can. Projections range from this spring/summer to 2016 for both war, and the next massive crash. So, anytime, best to error on the side of caution, then to kick the prep down the road.

(Apologies for the long-winded post, the bullet-points are just short notes from the things I've read from other places, and things I've heard from other financial people.).
I agree none of this adds up especially since the market is sitting at all time highs. The market is in fantasy land and not reflecting what is actually going on. WW3 is coming but how when and where is the question? Too many flash points in the world and too many countries are gearing up for a showdown .

I think it is safe to say, at this point, every country, minus some countries in Africa (Which could be argued are in perpetual war), are gearing up. Tensions have been rising steadily over the past few years, since 2008. It is reaching a point now, tho, where it is hard to ignore, and is more openly and blatantly spoken about. It's the warning sign to the people, to start stocking up on what they need to survive.

The When, where, how, why, and who, are always the big questions, and very few I think have an idea at this point. Tho, we all have our suspicions.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There's an additional serious issue with the (mostly) US economy that no one is talking about, private equity investment in Silicon Valley. It's like nothing that's ever been seen before.

I'm talking about everything from "Angel Investors" to large venture capital firms like Kleiner Perkins who have collectively put billions of dollars into companies that aren't public, and make little more than an app. Using Uber as just one example, $6 billion has been thrown at the company, $1.6 billion of it just to service debt. And then SnapChat which has no way to get revenue, has received nearly $1 billion.

Estimates of the private equity investment in the app businesses of Silicon Valley (most of it is there) range from $800 billion to more than $1.2 trillion over the past three years. Some of that money is still in the "commitment" phase, where the companies need to reach certain remaining-cash metrics before the rest is available. To make matter worse than 2000, the vast majority of money is tied up in private companies, with narrow business models, and limited (if any) revenue generating trajectories.

In the previous "dot com" bubble and crash of 2000, most of the investment was in publicly traded companies with broader business models and revenue trajectories than a mobile app. While those companies still crashed-and-burned, there are several ways an investor can write off stock market losses. In this current scenario, the crash could/would be epic.

A significant portion, and the most important portion, of California's GDP is tied into Silicon Valley. If there is a broader economic implosion, it will effect the sources of venture capital, and could crash the entire San Francisco and Palo Alto area economy in a hard and painful way -- then there goes California.

It could be bad beyond our worst nightmares.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

What's your take on why big money like that could be so "stupid?" Does everyone just get caught up in a feeding frenzy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join