It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vic Toews and the Million $ Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Following on the heels of a questionable survey of another Manitoba politician. Found here.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It would seem that Vic Toews and his common law wife (the babysitter) are not ones to be excluded from questionable acts in the province of Manitoba.
Show me the Money!

Seems there is a question of a payment that was allegedly made to Ms. Meeks by the Paquis First Nations regarding "strategc advice supplied a numbered company registered in her name.

OTTAWA — Vic Toews’ wife complained to the Winnipeg Police Service on Thursday about “absurd” financial records that appear to show a transfer of almost $1 million from a Manitoba first nation to her company.

Stacey Meek, common-law spouse of the former federal minister, said in an email Thursday that her company did not receive $966,500 for “strategic advice” from Paguis First Nations. The money was in a trust established by the first nation after it received a $126-million land-claim settlement from the federal government in 2010, while Mr. Toews was the political minister for Manitoba.

It's also noted that Judge Toews lobbied for the lawyer at the center of these dealings in 2010 while "unemployed" betweeen his Position as Federal Safety Minister and Manitoba Supreme Court Judge. Not only did he looby for the lawyer but was instrumental in securing millions of dollare for the Paguis First Nations Band

Mr. Toews had extensive dealings with the first nation while he was at the cabinet table, providing millions in federal funding for flood proofing for instance. Any business dealings he had with the band after leaving politics could therefore raise questions about federal conflict of interest rules.

In my opinion this stinks of back room deals and political corruption of the highest order. The so called expounder of "Law and Order" and "Family Values" is in the middle of yet another possible scandal. One has to question his efficacy as presiding judge on the bench of the highest court in Manitoba.
edit on 3/13/2015 by Kukri because: typo1

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Uh oh. It would seem to be a smelliola all right. Just when I take a break from watching politics on TV to avoid complete brain warp, this comes to light. Thanks for the heads up. It will be interesting to see what happens next. The Harper government has been so busy with deflection about the niqqab, and tunnel visioning us all into a war frame of mind lately (ya, like that's ever gonna work in my neck of the woods). There's that, plus its obsessive electioneering polling.

What was the scandal a few days ago about allotting money to a rabbi whose submission rated at the bottom 3 of 350? I am so totally disgusted at the perversion of our system in order to serve the agenda of both the US and Israel. Man have we been had!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Seems that being a politician you have to be professional in order to reap the benefits in the loop holes and black holes that $$'s seem to flow .The Harper Con's like the Mulroney ones were the best at it .But considering the near extinction of the Mulroneits and the short but corrupt nature I might think the Harperites will be tied up in courts for many years to come .

The Indian Act and what followed and continues to today may be the biggest rip off of Canadian money's and Natives fair slice of the pie .I expect to get flamed for the "fair" word in that sentence and hear from those that will make claims of all of what the Canadians have given the Indians ....pfff Like the First Nations said about Prentice , "too little too late ,a waist of a good man" they were being diplomatically kind with the "good" part of that sentence .

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

That would be this little feel good reach around.
Bairds pet Rabbi

After speaking to Mr. Baird, Human Resources Minister Diane Finley personally approved the project even though her officials determined it did not meet the criteria for a federal program aimed at making facilities wheelchair accessible.

I'm so grateful to the Harper Government for disbursing taxpayer monies to such deserving souls

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Update:

Former Top Cop not Toewing the line?

www.cbc.ca...
"Vic Toews's lobbying to be reviewed by federal ethics commissioner"

Former Manitoba Conservative MP Vic Toews is being investigated over a possible violation of conflict-of-interest guidelines.

The federal office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner says there is enough information to examine whether Toews's lobbying efforts for Peguis First Nation violated the rules. Toews had significant dealings with the Manitoba First Nation while in office.

It seems the Ethics Commissioner has sufficient suspicion of Toews' recent beahaviour to start an investigation into his dealings with the Paquis First Nations.

Not one for subtlety or humility the former MP and SC Judge seems to have a knack for putting himself above the laws he claims so dearly to cherish. I gues when you are the big kahuna they don't apply to you only to the peons and serfs that grovel at your feet hoping to find justice in an unfair world. Unless of course you have something of worth the Justice deems of personal value then he seems willing to at leaast give you a nod and possibly even a favour should his holiness so choose.

I will be watching this investigation closely just to see how far from Harpers Favour our beloved Judge Toews has fallen. Personally I'm going to presume not very far and he will be cleared of all accusations.

top topics

join