It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Are Unhappy With The U.K.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The U.K. has applied to become a founding member of the new China led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.

However The U.S is concerned that this new bank could become a rival to The World Bank.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Oh dear what a shame. As the saying goes " Competition Can Only Be A Good Thing" The days of The U.S. trying to dictate to others are now a thing of the past.

Reminds me of the recent article of the new Chinese Aircraft Carriers, and The U.S. asking why China needs them.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
They should be happy their bff has another alternative financial system to fall back on if the one the USA is so reliant on goes pear-shaped.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The UK is on the cusp of becoming THE economic power in Europe. It has managed to do this in spite of attempts by the EU (Germany) to prevent it.

The US could do well to take note of how the UK have managed to attain such a position, and be thankful that we are allies!

Korg.

edit on 13-3-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The days of The U.S. trying to dictate to others are now a thing of the past.

I would not read too much into it as the USA and friends do not always see eye to eye. It's fallacy that the USA dictates to other allies, but I am sure you'll come up with a questionable list!

Anyway, the World Bank has different aims to an Asian infrastructure bank. I cannot see the Chinese wanting to "eradicate world hunger" for example, but that's one of the Millennium Goals of the World Bank, alongside other issues, around the environment and education.

If the world has learned anything in the last decade is that China don't give a toss for "world hunger".

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Oh dear what a shame. As the saying goes " Competition Can Only Be A Good Thing" The days of The U.S. trying to dictate to others are now a thing of the past.

Reminds me of the recent article of the new Chinese Aircraft Carriers, and The U.S. asking why China needs them.

Who the heck asked that! John Kerry...a recent former President? what a stupid question. Everybody knows they will be used for exporting new Chinese BMW's to Europe.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

If the world has learned anything in the last decade is that China don't give a toss for "world hunger".

As opposed to the rest of the world's governments, where they do a good job of pretending to care to ensure they get re-elected, or at least avoid embarrassing criticism.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Napoleon was right.
Nation of shopkeepers.
Of course the economic factor is going to be a powerful motive.

(Obama can't complain, though. He's the one who insists that there isn't a Special Relationship.)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Napoleon was right.
Nation of shopkeepers.

(Obama can't complain, though. He's the one who insists that there isn't a Special Relationship.)

This always makes me laugh.

Not a special relationship?

Whether the British admit it or not, we hold the same values and principles and standards dear to our hearts. Not to mention the history.... That makes us Brothers and Sisters in my book.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's fallacy that the USA dictates to other allies

From the linked article

The U.S. has persuaded regional allies such as Australia, South Korea and Japan to stay out of the bank

One wonders what type of " Persuasion " was used.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It's called diplomacy. Persuasion is not dictating. Dictating involves no persuasion.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

It's called diplomacy. Persuasion is not dictating. Dictating involves no persuasion.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to give you a choice.... you either do (A) freely and willingly or you do (B) refuse to do (A). If you choose (B) We will do (X) that will harm you economically or political.

Is this the face of Persuasion?? or is this the face of Dictation??

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

To persuade is to influence

To influence is to use the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others

I rest my case M'Lord

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to give you a choice.... you either do (A) freely and willingly or you do (B) refuse to do (A). If you choose (B) We will do (X) that will harm you economically or political.

Is this the face of Persuasion?? or is this the face of Dictation??

Haha! All the persuasion of Don Corleone.

Though I value the U.S greatly.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
England and its pound are like a pricey cute little pastry shop.
With only 64 million people to look after.

The United States has 320 million so it looks more like a Mega Mall food court.
China and its 1.4 billion ? Feeding troughs and tents.

Let England Bank with China. They need to dip their pastry in something different.

edit on 13-3-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: clean up

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Napoleon was right.
Nation of shopkeepers.

Whether the British admit it or not, we hold the same values and principles and standards dear to our hearts. Not to mention the history.... That makes us Brothers and Sisters in my book.

With respect, we hold some of the same values and principles...

There is a few we don't...

Case in point, the OP...
ie We differ on some Governmental issues...

Societal/Citizenry issues, there are more than a few I could list, but that'd be a thread drift.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Napoleon was right.
Nation of shopkeepers.

Case in point, the OP...

Societal/Citizenry issues, there are more than a few I could list, but that'd be a thread drift.

" One nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

Sounds like Both America and the UK to me.....

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Napoleon was right.
Nation of shopkeepers.

Case in point, the OP...

" One nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

Sounds like Both America and the UK to me.....

Except the UK is 4 nations...
Subject to change, so potentially divisible.

& in all fairness the "Liberty and Justice for all" is a fancy slogan regarding both of us...
When crooked bankers/politicians start being imprisoned and corporations are made to pay the taxes they owe...

Maybe I'll have some confidence in the mantra.
edit on 13-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The UK is on the cusp of becoming THE economic power in Europe. It has managed to do this in spite of attempts by the EU (Germany) to prevent it.

The US could do well to take note of how the UK have managed to attain such a position, and be thankful that we are allies!

Korg.

listen very carefully to what she says and then you know how the uk attains such a position. hehe the usa is a land holding of the uk. i know! let's just all move back there. mwahaha.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The British and American people at large may have similar values, but that's not much to do with their governments..and it's beginning to show over the last decade and more.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

The British and American people at large may have similar values, but that's not much to do with their governments..and it's beginning to show over the last decade and more.

oh nonsense lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join